Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 17,295
    Just finished a couple of episodes of Agatha Christie's Marple and Father Brown. Watching some light-hearted crime series on a lazy evening isn't at all bad. Not to familiar with Father Brown, but it seems like a series you just can jump straight into a season, without struggling getting familiar with the characters. Nice change from heavier, character driven tv series.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Star Trek: The Original Series and Law and Order.
    Arrow season 5 finale... Whoa!
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 3,333
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Is anyone else watching the Italian television show GOMORRAH? It's finally being shown in the US in the Sundance Channel. I've become quote taken with it. Never seems to go the expected route and the performances are all stellar.
    Yes, I've been singing the praises of this show for over a year now on these forums. Season 2 is equally as good. Can't wait for S3 to begin.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    On the final season of 'The Leftovers' now, incredible stuff so far.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Arrow season 5 finale... Whoa!

Agreed! After the season two finale the show has gone way downhill for me. The two finale episodes of season 5 were some of the best since season 2. Hopefully the coming seasons will keep it up.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    The X-Files, "Ice", S1:E8. Grade: A.
    The X-Files, "Space", S1:E9. Grade A.
    The X-Files
    "Fallen Angel", S1:E10. Grade: A.
    "Eve", S1:E11. Grade: C.
    "Fire", S1:E12. Grade A.
    Inspector George Gently starring Martin Shaw.
    Brilliant casting and acting in this gripping show. Gutted their is only one episode left full stop.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Brilliant casting and acting in this gripping show. Gutted their is only one episode left full stop.

Has the last season started in the U.K?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    American God's

This chick literally swallowed up some poor sap whole into her vagina. Need to watch episode 2!

The final 2 episodes yes, however the first one was on a couple of weeks back and the final episode is to be shown later this year. Should still be available on the BBC Iplayer?!

The final 2 episodes yes, however the first one was on a couple of weeks back and the final episode is to be shown later this year. Should still be available on the BBC Iplayer?!

I see. Wondered wether it had started yet. As I'm not living in the U.K, I won't be able to catch the episodes straight after they're released. Looks like the DVD/Blu-Ray is set to be available from September, according to Amazon.

Will miss this show very much. One of the best period dramas the last ten years or so. Think I read somewhere that Lee Ingleby wouldn't be against doing a John Bacchus spinoff. Would definitely watch a 70's Bacchus cop show!

Vikings - Season 4
    vikings-season-4.png

I finally got caught up on season 4. This is without a doubt one of my favorite shows on TV. The only show I can compare it to would be Game of Thrones. GoT is obviously in a fantasy world, where as Vikings is based off of historical accounts. The comparison I make between the two are the characters and how they are not just black and white but they all are in a grey area. They are flawed and real. I hope I'm not the only one on these forums that is into this great show. I'm looking forward to the next season!

I see. Wondered wether it had started yet. As I'm not living in the U.K, I won't be able to catch the episodes straight after they're released. Looks like the DVD/Blu-Ray is set to be available from September, according to Amazon.

Will miss this show very much. One of the best period dramas the last ten years or so. Think I read somewhere that Lee Ingleby wouldn't be against doing a John Bacchus spinoff. Would definitely watch a 70's Bacchus cop show!

Couldn't agree more, Big fan of Martin Shaw but have to say his chemistry between him and Lee Ingleby is superb. Did not know about the spin off? Would certainly watch it if they should go ahead with one?

Couldn't agree more, Big fan of Martin Shaw but have to say his chemistry between him and Lee Ingleby is superb. Did not know about the spin off? Would certainly watch it if they should go ahead with one?

Found the article!

But is this really the end of the story? Ingleby – currently starring in BBC One's Line of Duty – told us that he's open to going down the Inspector Morse / Lewis route and fronting a Bacchus spin-off.

"Who knows? It's never down to me - I'm just the actor! But you never know, there's always possibilities.

"It could take an interesting turn, of course, 'cause I think the writer Peter Flannery would be able to come up with something wonderful."

Do hope they make a spinoff. Think it would be great. :-)

Found the article!

But is this really the end of the story? Ingleby – currently starring in BBC One's Line of Duty – told us that he's open to going down the Inspector Morse / Lewis route and fronting a Bacchus spin-off.

"Who knows? It's never down to me - I'm just the actor! But you never know, there's always possibilities.

"It could take an interesting turn, of course, 'cause I think the writer Peter Flannery would be able to come up with something wonderful."

Thanks for sharing that, guess we will have to wait and see?

Found the article!

Thanks for sharing that, guess we will have to wait and see?

Looks like it! Inspector John Bacchus by 2019? :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Resumed Archer after a few months. Still funny as hell.
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    S2:E15. Grade: F.
    S2:E16. Grade: A.
    S2:E17. Grade: B.
    S2:E18. Grade: A.
    S2:E19 Grade: A.
    S2:E20. Grade: B.
    S2:E21. Grade: A.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    How is the new house of cards season. Does it hold up or is it a disappointment. I haven't gotten round to watching it yet.
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    S2:E22. Grade: A.
    S2:E23. Grade: F.
    S2:E24. Grade: A.
    A bit inspired by the comments above, I started season 2 of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    Just finished The Ultimate Computer Affair, after watching the Alexander the Greater Affair-two-parter.

Good fun, although I found The Ultimate Computer Affair a little bit boring at times. Will be interesting to see how the rest of season 2 is like.
    @Torgeirtrap Have you seen Season One?
    Robertson wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap Have you seen Season One?

Yes, but it was a long time ago. Should probably have started with season one again, but couldn't resist watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E in color!
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    S2:E25. Grade: A.
    S2:E26. Grade: A.
    S2:E27. Grade: B.
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    S2:E28. Grade A.
    S2:E29. Grade A.
    S2:E30. Grade C.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,813
    I'm finally caught up on The Flash Season 3. I mentioned before I was spoiled on the villains identity beforehand but the rest was all a surprise. It was funny watching my wife guess and get pissed each time an episode would end right when it seemed like they'd finally reveal it!

So what are your thoughts on the ending though? Spoilers the rest of the way.
    It sure felt like a kick in the nuts after everything they all did to save Iris, those speedforce quakes started happening and Barry's immediately like 'I'll go!'
    It felt very rushed, almost as if they intended to have a happy ending for season 3,
    then decided at the last second to end with a cliffhanger. I dunno, it just rubbed me the wrong way a bit; didn't ruin the season as a whole though.

One positive for me however, excluding the 1990 tv show, as far as comics were concerned, Wally West was the Flash I grew up with. I suppose they're going to try that for a while.
    The comics I grew up with depicted Wally as a redhead kid, and Barry was his uncle,
    so there was some age gap there. (Grant Gustin & Keiynan Lonsdale are just about the same age)
    Keiynan Lonsdale grew on me a lot once he was in costume as Kid Flash, and I HOPE in season 4 we'll see him in Barry's same costume for a while, and then in his own rendition later on, like in the comics! I found this cool photoshop- the only thing I'd change is I'd give him a whole hood covering the top of his head like Barry.

wally_west_rebirth__flash_cw__by_dcmediaverse-daa1bx5.png

In the comics, once Barry was out of the picture, Wally wore a suit identical to his, then later on had his own spin on it (that metallic one with the white eyes). That photoshop could be cool as the later one!

barry_v8B.jpg

One problem: Grant Gustin will be SORELY MISSED, and I seriously doubt they'd go a whole season without him. In the comics, Wally was solo for years, even having his own epic battle with Eobard Thawne (one of my favorite stories)

What are your thoughts on where season 4 will go?
    I'm finally caught up on The Flash Season 3. I mentioned before I was spoiled on the villains identity beforehand but the rest was all a surprise. It was funny watching my wife guess and get pissed each time an episode would end right when it seemed like they'd finally reveal it!

So what are your thoughts on the ending though? Spoilers the rest of the way.
    It sure felt like a kick in the nuts after everything they all did to save Iris, those speedforce quakes started happening and Barry's immediately like 'I'll go!'
    It felt very rushed, almost as if they intended to have a happy ending for season 3,
    then decided at the last second to end with a cliffhanger. I dunno, it just rubbed me the wrong way a bit; didn't ruin the season as a whole though.

One positive for me however, excluding the 1990 tv show, as far as comics were concerned, Wally West was the Flash I grew up with. I suppose they're going to try that for a while.
    The comics I grew up with depicted Wally as a redhead kid, and Barry was his uncle,
    so there was some age gap there. (Grant Gustin & Keiynan Lonsdale are just about the same age)
    Keiynan Lonsdale grew on me a lot once he was in costume as Kid Flash, and I HOPE in season 4 we'll see him in Barry's same costume for a while, and then in his own rendition later on, like in the comics! I found this cool photoshop- the only thing I'd change is I'd give him a whole hood covering the top of his head like Barry.

wally_west_rebirth__flash_cw__by_dcmediaverse-daa1bx5.png

In the comics, once Barry was out of the picture, Wally wore a suit identical to his, then later on had his own spin on it (that metallic one with the white eyes). That photoshop could be cool as the later one!

barry_v8B.jpg

One problem: Grant Gustin will be SORELY MISSED, and I seriously doubt they'd go a whole season without him. In the comics, Wally was solo for years, even having his own epic battle with Eobard Thawne (one of my favorite stories)

What are your thoughts on where season 4 will go?

I really enjoyed season 3! I was okay with how it ended. As far as Barry being gone for a whole season, I doubt that will happen. I'm sure he will be back in the first couple episodes. They would of announced if Grant Gustin wouldn't be coming back.