Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

I keep meaning to buy John Wesley Shipp's The Flash 1990, it's now available on Region 2 in the UK.

Legends of Tomorrow Is consistently good quality, CW's version of The Legion of Doom were great fun. A good ensemble cast and DC's vast universe should hopefully have this show running for some time.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,813
    The 1990 Flash was so great for me! I was 6 when the pilot aired and it was literally the best thing ever!!!
    The series as a whole is interesting though... something happened between the pilot and the rest of the series. Both the tone and costume itself were drastically different.

The pilot was very neo-futuristic, like something out of Bladerunner-- especially Star Labs. Neon lights and fog everywhere. And the Flash's suit looked SICK!!! It was bright red, there was an airbrushed muscle shading (on top of a very fit actor already). It looked like the comic come to life!

The 2 part pilot was like a movie and it rocked.

Suddenly with the rest of the series though, the tone of the show changed. It couldn't decide if it was contemporary, or in the freaking 1940's.

The soundtrack was full of jazz, like some old black and white Detective movie.
    The Flash's costume also took a nosedive in quality. Suddenly it didn't fit quite right (very loose, especially in the mask area), it was an ugly maroon and looked like it was made of velvet!

flashtvseries.jpg?w=364&h=358john-wesley-shipp-the-fhaslh-107413.jpg

All that notwithstanding and totally forgivable, unfortunately out of the whole series (excluding the pilot) I can only think of like, THREE good episodes.....
    the one with the childlike clone, who had a blue suit, Captain Cold and the one where they went to the DISTANT FUTURE IN THE YEAR 2001!!!! lol

I had such a crush on Amanda Pays too heart.png
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I just finished Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow and it's improved greatly over the first Season!!
    Legends of Tomorrow Is consistently good quality, CW's version of The Legion of Doom were great fun. A good ensemble cast and DC's vast universe should hopefully have this show running for some time.

I want to be a fan of this show but I'm not. The only characters I like are Snart and Rory. Everyone else is boring to me. The only reason I keep watching is because of Super-Girl, Flash, and Arrow. I'm debating not watching it next season.
    Other than a few clips on YouTube I have never seen the 1990 Flash though I am one for revisiting old shows, a few years ago I bought all four seasons of Superboy 1988 - 1992. In the UK back in the nineties they only ran the first season as far as I recalled so it was the first time I had watched the whole show when I bought it. I don't remember Flash 1990 airing in the UK at all, will definitely get the HD version if possible.
    Superboy is one that I remember snippets of and would love to revisit. I'm kind of afraid to.... rose tinted nostalgia glasses and all that, ha ha!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Superboy is one that I remember snippets of and would love to revisit. I'm kind of afraid to.... rose tinted nostalgia glasses and all that, ha ha!

I was suprised by Superboy season two and mainly three they had some good episodes, they had quite a few classic Superman stories in them. In fact I can think of some surprisingly excellent episodes, there is a multi parter which is set in another reality which evokes Red Son and UltraMan from Infinite Crisis. Oh and there is a Superboy Prime type episode which was good.
    I can't remember watching it but I've seen pics-- our very own George Lazenby & Britt Ekland play his Kryptonian parents!
    I know and its hilarious if you can get the show cheap I would revisit it, though you can skip the whole first season it's dreadful. In season two Lex and Superboy were recast thankfully.
    Supergirl

I watched last nights episode. This show has honestly become one of my favorites. I always look forward to watching this and Flash every week.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I can't wait to get to master of none season 2 but, I just finished 13 reasons why. It was kind of poorly written. Certain things didn't add up or make sense. Some things were , as a high schooler, very inaccurate and some of the plot just wasn't good. But. It was entertaining and kept me engaged for almost every part of every episode. The ending is haunting
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: Attack Of The Cybermen

Payne: *holding the sledge* "I used to use one of these when I worked for the council."
    Lytton: "Yes, but this time it's for swinging, not for leaning on."

I have mixed feelings about the Colin Baker era, but this is one of two stories from this time that I like quite a bit (the other being Mark Of The Rani).
    I can't wait to get to master of none season 2 but, I just finished 13 reasons why. It was kind of poorly written. Certain things didn't add up or make sense. Some things were , as a high schooler, very inaccurate and some of the plot just wasn't good. But. It was entertaining and kept me engaged for almost every part of every episode. The ending is haunting

Master of None season 2 is great but I enjoyed the first season more. It was a little funnier and the love interest seemed to fit Dev better.

I agree on 13 Reasons Why. It was good enough but pretty weak in some spots. I believe they confirmed a second season. It's supposed to deal with the after math of the first season.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I've been behind on Game of Thrones so lucky for me SKY have all 6 series on box sets for free,atm.

I've seen them all except series 6, which I have downloaded, and am on episode 3 at present.
    Got to make sure I watch them all before the final series ,#7, comes out !!

Payne: *holding the sledge* "I used to use one of these when I worked for the council."

I have mixed feelings about the Colin Baker era, but this is one of two stories from this time that I like quite a bit (the other being Mark Of The Rani).

I bought all of the Colin Baker Doctor Who sets several years ago I do like his Doctor for being drastically different, his Doctor was not helped by budget restrains and the 'Suit'. Though I wish Colin had got another season and I liked Perry as a companion.
    Isnt Perry that annoying American with a whiny voice and big nostrils ?
    barryt007 wrote: »

That's her ha ha

That's her ha ha

Meh !!!

That's her ha ha

Meh !!!

730c89c89730ad5413d3e467a27afd22.jpg

I can think of many companions that are worse, plus Perry was cute

That's her ha ha

Meh !!!

Nice tits,i will give you that one.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    MEL. Mel was infinitely worserer.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I bought all of the Colin Baker Doctor Who sets several years ago I do like his Doctor for being drastically different, his Doctor was not helped by budget restrains and the 'Suit'. Though I wish Colin had got another season and I liked Perry as a companion.

I do like his Doctor, but I would only want to see him have had another series if McCoy is still cast, but a year later.
    As for Perry, it's made worse that she is supposed to be American, yet she never talked like an American (she wouldn't say "Aloominum" she would have said "Aluminium"). If they weren't going to go full American, then Bryant should have been forced into putting on the accent.
    I can't really defend Mel on tv, beyond saying that she worked well with McCoy in his first series, but she has become a very likeable companion in the Big Finish Audios).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have been watching some Dudley Do Right episodes on Youtube from the late 60s/early 70s. Great humour.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432

I do like his Doctor, but I would only want to see him have had another series if McCoy is still cast, but a year later.
    As for Perry, it's made worse that she is supposed to be American, yet she never talked like an American (she wouldn't say "Aloominum" she would have said "Aluminium"). If they weren't going to go full American, then Bryant should have been forced into putting on the accent.
    I can't really defend Mel on tv, beyond saying that she worked well with McCoy in his first series, but she has become a very likeable companion in the Big Finish Audios).

True Perry's accent made little sense they should have made her English, not sure at that stage in the show they were in a position to woo American audiences. Perry's fate irritated me the fact they retconned her in the space of a few episodes, her initial demise was quite brutal and they should have stuck with that. The 18 month hiatus totally undermined Colin Baker, though the BBC were on a mission to cancel Doctor Who at the time. The Trial of the Timeline was very appropriate title for Colins final season.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    MEL. Mel was infinitely worserer.

Bonnie Langford did grate she was destined for Saturday morning TV.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

That's her ha ha

Meh !!!

Love Perri (not Perry) and she's great in the Big Finish audios too!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I finished master of none season 2. It definitely scrafices a lot of the comedic elements for a better story but I completely buy it. It's a great show to binge watch because it's so well made. It wraps you up in the characters and their stories. As a season it's probably not as good as the first one( but defenitly up there), but specific episodes are better then the first season. I think it was episode 9, that I really liked because it was all character stuff and super entertaining unlike the one with the deaf people and the door man
    specific episodes are better then the first season. I think it was episode 9, that I really liked because it was all character stuff and super entertaining unlike the one with the deaf people and the door man.

I completely agree. I don't remember which one episode 9 was but my favorite episode of that entire show is the one where Dev does online dating. It was just very relatable.
    The worst was by far the one with the different characters that go to see the movie by the end. I still don't know why it was even there.

Anyway, the last show I watched was Man Seeking Woman.
    NOCNHJFKwRGUmKzTyHBrPYy6oJfZVqnVBAu7_S0fBvVg_UOm0Q5pQBHdAGsYeV5J4xwi=w1264

I absolutely love this show. I never call a show smart but this one really is very clever. It's one that I highly recommend people check out. As soon as they release it on blu-ray I'll be buying it.

• edited May 2017 Posts: 12,258
    Samurai Jack. I watched this show a bit when I was young. With the series having just finished (haven't seen the new ones yet), I am going back to the beginning to watch the series.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s a good one.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I just got my Entourage The Complete Series back from my friend whom i loaned it to for over a year. So im rewatching that from the first episode
    Finished the first season of Samurai Jack. It's pretty darn good. The first 3 episodes and the 3 Blind Archers were exceptional.