Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'The Young Pope'

Engaging, thought-provoking, and beautiful - which is typically how I sum up the work of Paolo Sorrentino, which is the same case with this show. Just might be my favorite role of Jude Law's, and the supporting cast is tremendous. This show isn't for everyone, but it's definitely worth a look for the cinematography and soundtrack alone.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    13 Reasons Why

This is a Netflix original that is based off a book of the same title. I read most of the book way back when but don't really remember too much of it.
    It's about a high school girl who commits suicide and leaves behind audio tapes to the 13 people who had a hand in driving her to kill herself, explaining what each one of them did. I've only watched the first episode but so far it's pretty good. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the season.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    House of cards, this is now the second time I have watched the whole series and I'm pumped for the next season. It's a thrilling show and dares to go to places that keep the viewer entertained.
    House of cards, this is now the second time I have watched the whole series and I'm pumped for the next season. It's a thrilling show and dares to go to places that keep the viewer entertained.

I should rewatch that before this next season premieres in May. I'd like to do the same with 'Bloodline' since the final season drops just days before.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Sonisall & I just watched the last ep of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex (season one), and I must say I am blown away. I will not go into details (section 26, paragraph 5. Need to know. Sure you understand). Just see it.
    I've been meaning to get around to watching that, @Birdleson: I have a great interest in both film and WWII, so I can't see the documentary being anything but extraordinary. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Last night I watched date Netflix three-part documentary 5 CAME BACK, which tells the story of when five of the greatest, if not the greatest, american directors put their careers on hold to make films for the military and the US Government during WWII. A good third of my Top 100 films comes from the works of John Ford, George Stevens, William Wyler, Frank Capra and own Houston (each has at least three in there, I believe), as I would assume is the case for anyone who has spent a great deal of their life watching and studying film history. The interviews are informative and outstanding (botth the recent ones made for the film with Coppola, Spielberg, Greengrass and Kasdan, and the archival ones with the five men themselves), but is the footage that they returned with that is the greatest aspect of this series. George Stevens, with his (color!) camera, was among the first of the allied troops to enter Dachau. The changes on his work thereafter were profound, but here we also see what this experience had done to the man. A must see for any lover of history, particularly in regards to WWII and the glory days of old Hollywood.

Wow. You've sold me, anyway.
    For the first time I watched the pilot episode of The Simpsons - the Christmas special episode. For some reason I never really have gotten around to just watching the older Simpsons episodes; every now and then I'll just see some of the new ones on TV. I really enjoyed this first episode though; I will have to check out more of the classic ones.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    It s a really good one. Homer sounds weird
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Stan lee's Lucky Man
    Series:
    2 Episode 6: A Hero Of Our Time

Seeing the office blow up, gave me a Skyfall vibe, then when Isabella was watching the building from across the Thames, I had a feeling that it was going to go all Spectre, and bring bring the whole building down.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    The Flash Season 3, episode 19, The Once and Future Flash my brain just melted very good episode love this show.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Flash Season 3, episode 19, The Once and Future Flash my brain just melted very good episode love this show.

Was is just me, or did future Barry look like Ezra Millers Barry?

You mean the sad, long hair future Barry? Yeah, he kind of did. I wonder if that's on purpose.
    Watching more of the oldest episodes of The Simpsons - just Season 1 so far, which I got for $10 at Target. So far I'm having an absolute blast with these; such a good show in its old days.
    The Simpsons is one of the best shows ever. I own 14 of the seasons plus the movie.

Yeah definitely a emo vibe going on there, alas I know who Savitar is Dam Internet spoilers though I guessed who it was beforehand thankfully.
    The Simpsons is one of the best shows ever. I own 14 of the seasons plus the movie.

Just a few episodes in (and people say Season 1 is one of the weakest old ones!!!) I'm very impressed. I already ordered Seasons 2 and 3.
    American Gods very interesting premiere, looks multi layered from the off alot of symbolism in this show caught my interest immediately.
    American Gods very interesting premiere, looks multi layered from the off alot of symbolism in this show caught my interest immediately.

It looked very bizarre and unique, was hoping to check it out at some point in the future, likely after the first season is done airing so I can watch it in one go (if it's good enough).
    I have really loved these old Simpsons episodes. I've started Season 2 and it's still great. Not sure why I've seen people say the early seasons were weak; they are still very funny and entertaining IMO.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It looked very bizarre and unique, was hoping to check it out at some point in the future, likely after the first season is done airing so I can watch it in one go (if it's good enough).

There is certainly some deep seated social commentary in the first episode, I can relate I often find binge watching a show better.

There is certainly some deep seated social commentary in the first episode, I can relate I often find binge watching a show better.

The imagery and cinematography looked gorgeous, as well. Hopefully it's something everyone loves so a season two is imminent, because I thought it looked stellar.

The imagery and cinematography looked gorgeous, as well. Hopefully it's something everyone loves so a season two is imminent, because I thought it looked stellar.

Some good talent involved in the show in writers and production, there are abstract elements though I prefer that to exposition :) I watched it in 4K TV is really competing with cinema now.
    American Gods is the best Gaiman book I have read, Another I hope to see adapted to the big or small screen is The Anansi Boys.It s very funny.
    ctueanqweaarkd3_large.png?w=1112

Just finished season 2 last night. This is easily one of my favorite shows on Netflix. While season 2 was good, it wasn't as good as season 1. The first season was funnier while season 2 went more for a serious tone.
    I always watched The Flash on Hulu- so since for whatever reason they stopped doing that I unfortunately haven't seen any of it yet :(

In the meantime though I started rewatching S1 & S2 on bluray! I'm about halfway through S1 so far and it's kind of funny looking back-- when I last left off he was running at near light speed and now we're at the beginning and it's like 'he can run 200mph?!?!? That's IMPOSSIBLE!' :)) Still a great show though!

I also appreciate the subtle changes in the costume too. Looking back I have to admit, it looked pretty ugly! It started out as a practically brown leather outfit! And the mouth portion of the mask was HUGE! Lately it's much more red and the mask is more similar to Batman's (as far as coverage)

b8348940659fd5f278b7920be6fcbe42.jpg

I'm very much looking forward to finally watching S3- it'll be sad to see 'Flashpoint' unfold without Batman though...
    I've also unfortunately been spoiled as to the identity of Savitar but I'm not gonna let that ruin anything!!
    I always watched The Flash on Hulu- so since for whatever reason they stopped doing that I unfortunately haven't seen any of it yet :(

In the meantime though I started rewatching S1 & S2 on bluray! I'm about halfway through S1 so far and it's kind of funny looking back-- when I last left off he was running at near light speed and now we're at the beginning and it's like 'he can run 200mph?!?!? That's IMPOSSIBLE!' :)) Still a great show though!

I also appreciate the subtle changes in the costume too. Looking back I have to admit, it looked pretty ugly! It started out as a practically brown leather outfit! And the mouth portion of the mask was HUGE! Lately it's much more red and the mask is more similar to Batman's (as far as coverage)

I'm very much looking forward to finally watching S3- it'll be sad to see 'Flashpoint' unfold without Batman though...
    I've also unfortunately been spoiled as to the identity of Savitar but I'm not gonna let that ruin anything!!

I would try to avoid Savitar spoilers at all costs, really enjoyed season 3 upto now it's ending well. Been rewatching season 2 of The Flash appreciating Zoom's motives more this time round, basically he is totally psychotic and you really should not apply logic to anything he does lol. Great show I'll definitely buy season 3 when available on BD.

Agree with the suits certainly improved there will be several more changes to the suit no doubt with the Timeline jumping Barry does.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 17,295
    ctueanqweaarkd3_large.png?w=1112

Just finished season 2 last night. This is easily one of my favorite shows on Netflix. While season 2 was good, it wasn't as good as season 1. The first season was funnier while season 2 went more for a serious tone.

Loved season 1 for the humour. Would have loved the show to continue that way. Haven't had a chance to catch up with season 2; will probably save it for the summer.

Wow! Other than the symbol on his chest I hadn't really noticed the change in his mask. I kind of prefer the season 1 mask but the current one is good too.
    Without spoiling anything we do get a quick glimpse at a suit that he'll probably wear in the next season or two.

Like I said it might be a slight spoiler for season 3 but not bad.
    flash-future1.jpg

It looks a bit more comic book accurate. Brighter red and more yellow. I actually like it more and hope he does end up wearing it all the time.
    flash-future1.jpg
    Ah yes I did see that too! It looks like the blurry dude we saw in the last episode of S1 when
    Barry went back to save his mom and future Flash looked right at him mid-fight and held up his hand like 'don't do it'

tumblr_nommhzslMq1uvcgjlo4_400.gif

And of course at the end of S2 Barry does it anyway, lol! I've gotta say, if my FUTURE SELF tells me not to do something, I'd be inclined to listen!

On a semi-related note, I just finished Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow and it's improved greatly over the first Season!!
    I hope John Wesley Shipp can become a regular as the Justice Society Flash sometime soon...
    At the very least I hear I'll get to see quite a bit of him in S3 of The Flash. I love that guy!