Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would never call myself a J.W. fan, but as it has been said above, it's never a good day when a Bond alum passes on, no matter the part they played. Clifton seemed to be every bit of a good old boy, with the kind of values that everyone should aspire to have in both wartime and peacetime, the former of which he saw much of. The Bond series gains a lot of respect for his presence in it, simply because of the measure of man he was in life.

Movies are fun and characters can be entertaining, but what matters most are the people behind those characters and films, and what they do with their recognition off set. As we can see from the accounts of many here, Clifton gave a lot of people some of their fondest memories within the cinematic medium and was a friendly and warm presence in person when they were lucky enough to meet a human representation of Bond's onscreen legacy.

As our old heroes get all the older, those memories and experiences become even more precious. The deaths of Bond family members like Kiel, Lee and James are unsettling and put into perspective how lucky we are to have so many people alive who were involved in the series' long-lasting appeal, including our very special group of 6 men that led the charge in their respective days. I don't look forward to the future for this reason, as goodbyes are never easy, especially in this case where the films mean so much to all of us and have give us so much meaning to our lives.
    I can't believe he made it to 96. That's got to be the longest life of any Bond actor.
    Both Joseph Wiseman and Christopher Lee also pushed into the 90's.
    Making 90 is hardcore for anyone but 96, wow.
    Who knew he was destined to live so long, considered in his Bond days he was playing an archetype not usually associated with long life ie middle-aged fat cop, but he really wasn't actually that fat when you look at him.
    Clearly he was made of sturdy stuff.

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    @timmer - Earl Cameron is still going. 'Pinder' from Thunderball is 99 and turns 100 in August.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Clifton. Although I consider myself to be a fan of the more "serious" Bond films, loved both his Bond films and thought he was hilarious.
    @timmer - Earl Cameron is still going. 'Pinder' from Thunderball is 99 and turns 100 in August.

Wow! Good catch.
    I think Louis Jourdan pushed into the 90's as well.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Any chance we could see that photo @RogueAgent?[/quote

Having problems uploading image? MI6 asking for more info as in URL number?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2017 Posts: 28,694
    @RogueAgent, if you have uploaded the image to a computer file via an image uploader, all you need to do is copy and paste the image address in between the image code on the forum posting interface, which is the option located right after the "Code" button with the letter C, that looks like a photo.

So, to provide a visual:

Here is the code you need the image address to go into -> [img][/img]

To share an image, you just put the address in between the code and it should post.
  • GBFGBF
    I don't know if it fits here but I was quite a bit shocked reading this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4423894/Ballarat-Wildlife-Park-Victoria-wombat-Patrick-dies-31.html
    @RogueAgent, if you have uploaded the image to a computer file via an image uploader, all you need to do is copy and paste the image address in between the image code on the forum posting interface, which is the option located right after the "Code" button with the letter C, that looks like a photo.

So, to provide a visual:

To share an image, you just put the address in between the code and it should post.

Cheers 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, will give it a go later as about to head back to work.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

So, to provide a visual:

Cheers 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, will give it a go later as about to head back to work.

@RogueAgent, hopefully it works and the minor steps I gave make sense. These computer things are always so hard to explain in a straight-forward way, especially when things like code are involved and the process of sharing photos involves uploading them via a third party site, which can be a project in and of itself. Just let me know if you have any further issues with it.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Ugo Ehiogu - Very sad news.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

So, to provide a visual:

Still having trouble with the photo, It is a jpeg image downloaded from a camera in to my pictures file. Attempted a number of ways, but the image will not upload between the IMG brackets? Any ideas what to try next? Any help would be most grateful. @-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It has to be on the internet.
    @RogueAgent, you have to use that file you downloaded from your camera and put it onto your desktop so that it's a file you can move around with your mouse. Then, go here:

http://imgur.com/

Imgur is a free image uploader that you can use to share images. At the top left of the page is a tab that says, "New post." Click on that, and a little screen will open up where you can drag your picture from your desktop into the browser window, after which point your image will upload to imgur. You can then copy the image address of that picture with a right click, and that image address will go in between the code.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Former Happy Days actress Erin Moran has passed away at the age of 56.
    A cause of death is not known at this time.
    Growing up watching Happy Days, Joanie was a familiar face. RIP

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61020496?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2540377602&pf_rd_r=10BJ4JRKQ6RMEMWNEXT1&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_cel1
    Dammit ! As if I haven't already enough reason to be depressed ! I loved that show, and it saddens me to discover that the last years of her life were anything but good. May she rest in peace, God knows she earned that.
    I too loved that show as a kid.
    I too loved watching "Happy Days" growing up.

RIP Erin Moran.
    670879.jpg

Great show R.I.P. Joanie

I had a real crush on her when I was younger and was glued to Happy Days every Saturday evening about 5pm.

A genuine feelgood show...

RIP Erin/Joannie ....I always wanted to be your boyfriend xxxxx
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The terrific Johnathan Demme, who directed 'The Silence of the Lambs' and 'Philadelphia,' has passed away:

http://collider.com/jonathan-demme-dead-at-73/
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I LOVE Silence of The Lambs.
    That's a shame...2 classic films mentioned there...RIP Mr Demme
    Very sad. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) is one of the greatest contributions of 90s cinema, and one of the best horror films ever.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The terrific Johnathan Demme, who directed 'The Silence of the Lambs' and 'Philadelphia,' has passed away:

http://collider.com/jonathan-demme-dead-at-73/

Sad to hear that. He also directed Columbo: Murder Under Glass (1978) which starred our own Louis Jourdan as the killer. One of my Top Ten Columbo episodes. He also directed the remake of The Manchurian Candidate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For anyone interested, here's a great interview with Demme and a few others regarding 'The Silence of the Lambs,' which was done on the 25th Anniversary of the film last year:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/the-silence-of-the-lambs-25th-anniversary-untold-tales-jonathan-demme-ted-tally-hannibal-lecter-clarice-starling-1201703981/
    Jonathan Demme also made one of the coolest concert films ever Stop Making Sense from 1984.
    RIP Johnathan Demme. SOTL will always remain a classic.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad to learn of the passing of Jonathan Demme. Silence Of The Lambs has long been one of my favourite movies. And also of course Philadelphia. Certainly knew how to get great performances from his actors. A sad loss. RIP.