No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If they were deep into development there would have been leaks by now (or specific rumours at least). Even EON is not that sneaky.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Old dog, new tricks. Perhaps they are that sneaky now.
  • According to my information, first draft screenplay is finished since October 2016. Problem with rumours, whether from trusted sources or not, is that no verification is possible and we have to wait it out :(
    Summer 2018 release? Are we getting ahead of ourselves?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    3. It's for some other project entirely.
    Yes, but wasn't it B25, Ltd. that acquired it? If it's Eon Productions, then that could be right, but if B25 Production, Ltd. bought it, then it's definitely for Bond 25.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Yes, but wasn't it B25, Ltd. that acquired it? If it's Eon Productions, then that could be right, but if B25 Production, Ltd. bought it, then it's definitely for Bond 25.

Yes I believe so. But after so long with no news on Bond 25, even this small nugget of info for some reason I'm finding hard to believe is Bond 25 related!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Yes I believe so. But after so long with no news on Bond 25, even this small nugget of info for some reason I'm finding hard to believe is Bond 25 related!
    I know the feeling, especially when that helicopter is rather outdated and isn't rare to find, per se. Like RC7 said, better go back to Occam's razor than overcomplicate assumptions. Maybe they need it just for filming? Something like 30 snowmobiles they picked for the second unit crew for the filming of Spectre which never appeared in the film itself, perhaps?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    i reckon that after the script was leaked for SP, EON will be particularly keen to maintain top secrecy on B25.

That's the most sensible comment on this page @Getafix .
    +1
    Honestly this news if true is shocking positively shocking.
    I really do think EON has been secretly doing some work on Bond 25 that we don't know about.
  • RC7RC7
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I really do think EON has been secretly doing some work on Bond 25 that we don't know about.

As I said a day or two ago, they are working on it.
  • Agree with The Reaper, I do not understand the flack Mendes get. Skyfall brilliant, Spectre great until to the scene on the bridge/bond leaving the service. Blofeld should have had a last minute escape in keeping with the tradition of Blofeld in the early films, unless he was to be killed off. It is frustrating that there is no news on B25, the sooner Daniel signs for two more the better.
    RC7 wrote: »

in your opinion you think 2018 is still possible?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Getafix wrote: »
    i reckon that after the script was leaked for SP, EON will be particularly keen to maintain top secrecy on B25.

Well, here's hoping this time around they can come up with a script that's actually worth keeping a secret.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    RC7 wrote: »

@RC7 are you at liberty to say how long they've been working on it?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    phibes72 wrote: »
    Agree with The Reaper, I do not understand the flack Mendes get. Skyfall brilliant, Spectre great until to the scene on the bridge/bond leaving the service. Blofeld should have had a last minute escape in keeping with the tradition of Blofeld in the early films, unless he was to be killed off. It is frustrating that there is no news on B25, the sooner Daniel signs for two more the better.

Damn, two more?! That's ambitious. I'm hoping just for one, but I like your thinking.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I can't believe how much hate and vitriol has been thrown towards Craig's Bond and Sam Mendes. There are 2 billions reasons to like them both. They've done two fantastic films together and made this franchise a tent pole, blockbuster, Hollywood force to be reckoned with.

Um this franchise has been a force to be reckoned with since way back in 1962.

Sorry, I meant to say force to be reckoned with in 2017 and beyond. Look at the massive franchises like the MCU, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. Bond is on par with them now. They were not always. Successful, sure, but Bond has not been a game changer since the 60s. When SF hit a billion it changed everything and brought the franchise to another level.
    What level is that? We've had one film since SF which was somewhat of a disappointment and there's no real news on Bond's future.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Gentleman, I thought I'd post this bit of excellent news here for those of us who are depressed by the lack of facts on the latest Bond film.

While not B25 related, I'm sure some will be interested to learn that two highly respected Bond alums will soon play lesbian lovers in a new drama. Things are certainly looking up.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/764670/James-Bond-007-Eva-Green-Gemma-Arterton-Virgina-Woolf-Vita-Sackville-West-Bond-girls
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland

With whom are they working is what I want to know.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Gentleman, I thought I'd post this bit of excellent news here for those of us who are depressed by the lack of facts on the latest Bond film.

While not B25 related, I'm sure some will be interested to learn that two highly respected Bond alums will soon play lesbian lovers in a new drama. Things are certainly looking up.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/764670/James-Bond-007-Eva-Green-Gemma-Arterton-Virgina-Woolf-Vita-Sackville-West-Bond-girls

Gemma Arterton and Eva Green as lovers? I'm there!
    From the museum website:

Truck pattern: UH-1D
    Construction year: 1969
    Manufacturer: Bell
    Number of works: S / N 8421/8379
    Device number:
    Mark: 73 + 01
    Previous code:
    Origin: Niederstetten
    Comment: Accident 1.5.1993

There is a photo on the website and looking at how it's displayed, it's not a flyer.

31959216114_b820d06cf6_z.jpg. by pat.beardmore, on Flickr
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Maybe they need it just for filming? Something like 30 snowmobiles they picked for the second unit crew for the filming of Spectre which never appeared in the film itself, perhaps?
    I hadn't read the original article in BILD (which is a tabloid not famous for being accurate) and don't find it any more on the Web. But several local (Wernigerode/Harz Mountains) papers and radio stations state that the chopper was actually sold by the privately-run museum and will not be coming back, presumably because it is going to be blown up for the movie.

The UH-1D is still flown in small numbers by the German Army because the NH-90 is not arriving in time and working condition, so I imagine the museum could get a replacement some time soon. I'm further guessing that the studio wanted a cheap but still airworthy heli, while it's nothing really special for a museum. Sort of like having a standard 1960s VW Beetle in a car museum. We'll see.
    If it was airworthy, it would be flying over itself, not as cargo to Heathrow. (if the story is correct)
    patb wrote: »
    If it was airworthy, it would be flying over itself, not as cargo to Heathrow. (if the story is correct)

they might not want to damage it...

We will see what the film entails like I said I find this interesting but would prefer official word.

• edited February 2017 Posts: 2,115
    re: Eon trying to keep tighter secrecy.

I agree that's likely. But given all the attention for buying a helicopter, you got to wonder how long that secrecy will hold for more serious matters. That will be especially true once agents are contacted on behalf of lead actors.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,689
    @patb
    OK, makes sense. I was kind of surprised that it was "flown" to England, but as cargo it's a different story. Or maybe it is still in "working condition" (in a purely technical sense) but has no certificate any more so perhaps it could be used in a short flying scene before being blown up. As I said, just guessing.
    No, its either flyable or its not, you dont take a dodgey one and fly if for a short time, doesn't work like that, my guess at the moment is that they will blow it up.
    At least I found on www.helis.com that the museum has another one of those UH-1Ds so it was probably attractive to sell it.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,689
    Someone on the German aircraft discussion board flugzeugforum.de calling himself "Hueyrob" claims some inside knowledge, stating that the heli WILL survive the filming and is to be used for close-ups of the actors in aerial scenes, for which it will be installed in front of a green screen next week. For what it's worth.