The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    Kara should not have been in the Afghanistan sequence, she already has too much screen time up to that point.
    Yes @barryt007 Saunders should have accidentally bumped into Bond when he was taking the shot, so it would have hit her between the eyes LOL

of like you say, accidentally dropped out of the Big Wheel Cabin ha ha
    Kara should not have been in the Afghanistan sequence, she already has too much screen time up to that point.
    Yes @barryt007 Saunders should have accidentally bumped into Bond when he was taking the shot, so it would have hit her between the eyes LOL

of like you say, accidentally dropped out of the Big Wheel Cabin ha ha

If only,my friend,if only !!!

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sorry but I'm getting a little tired of all the Kara hate could you tone it down a bit please Barry thanks mate .
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    DAD is on the tele... Can watch it at work poor Pierce he deserved better material, decent Bond and M scene in the subway. Followed by a awful VR scene
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,473
    DAD is on the tele... Can watch it at work poor Pierce he deserved better material, decent Bond and M scene in the subway. Followed by a awful VR scene

The VR scene itself is great; it's the fact that it's virtual reality that sours it for me.

Rewatching TWINE now, and this is one of my favorite overlooked bits of dialogue in the Brosnan era:

"Construction's not exactly my speciality."
    "Quite the opposite, in fact."

I'm pretty sure I had a dumbass "Aha!" moment when that line first clicked with me, in terms of what M meant. I love it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The VR scene features one super badass moment - Pierce friggin Brosnan shooting a goon hiding in the ceiling with only one bullet, without even bothering to look up to aim!
    Bond is now dodging lazers and Mr Kills offence, limbs would have been lost in this scene.

VR scene was great first time watch, though you know what it amounts too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Makes me think of the King's Ransom level from TWINE 64. Great stuff.
    Murdock wrote: »

Indeed. I know we've spoken about it before, but I used to try and be quick enough to kill the goons before they could rappel through the windows, so their bodies would fall down to the ground below. One of my favorite levels in the game. Probably the only Bond title I couldn't beat as a kid.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Indeed. I know we've spoken about it before, but I used to try and be quick enough to kill the goons before they could rappel through the windows, so their bodies would fall down to the ground below. One of my favorite levels in the game. Probably the only Bond title I couldn't beat as a kid.

For me they would get in anyway but I'd pepper them with enough bullets that they'd fall backwards out the window. :)) As for me I couldn't beat Nightfire. That last level was a pain in the butt.

For me they would get in anyway but I'd pepper them with enough bullets that they'd fall backwards out the window. :)) As for me I couldn't beat Nightfire. That last level was a pain in the butt.

You've made a liar out of me, then! If 'Nightfire' was the one where the final level took place in space, then I couldn't beat that one, either. Oddly enough, both this and TWINE I couldn't ever complete thanks to the final level.
    Rosamund Pike really does look young in this...

So you live to die another day

You've made a liar out of me, then! If 'Nightfire' was the one where the final level took place in space, then I couldn't beat that one, either. Oddly enough, both this and TWINE I couldn't ever complete thanks to the final level.

It took me forever but I was able to beat TWINE's final level. Both were equally stress inducing. :))
    Rosamund Pike really does look young in this...

So you live to die another day

Probably because she was 22/23 years old when they were shooting!

@Murdock, you're a better man than I. I'm sure I'd have no issue beating it today, but as a kid, my brain couldn't figure out the labyrinthine maze of that submarine. I'd always end up getting lost and inevitably drowning because I couldn't find any pockets of air. I think there was ONE time that I finally beat this part, only to get killed by a goon while trying to get up a ladder or something.
    Battle of the invincible cars, it's difficult to count the amount of times the shark is jumped in DAD.
    I love the music and this battle...sooooo under-rated...
    Arnold's Score is good for DAD, it's a fun film if not taken seriously I enjoy it more than TWINE.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Arnold's score is f***ing brilliant.
    Moral of the story is never wear a parachute when Bond is around, because he will pull that cord.
    Arnold's score is my favorite part of DAD.
    Got on TMWTGG and about to have the Beruit fight.....but my GF has headphones and is singing...luckily i know the film and its actually great fun..i love Sir Roger and i loooove my lady !!
    Rogerbond is a very slick man in TMWTGG.......giving Anders a slap...he doesnt have a choice,he has to know who Scaramanga..
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Rogerbond is a very slick man in TMWTGG.......giving Anders a slap...he doesnt have a choice,he has to know who Scaramanga..

He's very effective in that scene, one of my favorites of his.

"So is my aunt."
    You can see the urgency in Rogerbond in this,but only if you look for it...it should have been more obvious in a subtle way,but tbh Sir Rog does show the urgency in his face sometimes..under-rated performance ?
    OK,my girlfriend has gone ,so im depressed,and im putting in a Bond film i havent seen for a while,and is struggling down at the bottom of my list : YOLT.

If i have time later i will pop in the other 'least watched ' Bond film :FYEO..we will see.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I love the guitar playing the gunbarrel on this film,i forgot all about it...well YOLT will move up my gunbarrel list (if i had one ) ..

And also Klaus Hergerscheimer from DAF as the NASA control man talking to JUPITER 16...
    And Shane Rimmer from DAF/TSWLM as another NASA control man.
    And Mr Slumber from DAF as a US politician ...

It seems the DAF cast was recruited from YOLT !!!!
    Why the hell does Connerybond say "hello Penny" to Moneypenny....?!
    And of course add Charles Gray to the DAF recruitment list !!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    And of course add Charles Gray to the DAF recruitment list !!

"I get it from the doorman at the Russian Embassy...amongst certain other things."

Dikko is one of my favorite Bond allies in the series. A small role, but I do enjoy experiencing Gray as an ally of 007's.
    He deserved more screen time @Creasy i totally agree....such a shame...