The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

The fight with Hans is kind of lame when compared to, say Red Grant, but still cool enough.
    Another fun screening of YOLT! I'll probably watch Diamonds or SPY again soon. Maybe FRWL?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Go with TSWLM, @ToTheRight. Can't go wrong with that one.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Go with TSWLM, @ToTheRight. Can't go wrong with that one.
    My fave Moore Bond! I may pop it in later tonight.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    @ToTheRight

you make me want watch YOLT !!
    @ToTheRight

you make me want watch YOLT !!

I enjoyed it tonight. John Barry is reason enough to watch it.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    TND going in the DVD ,23:35 here,so it will see in my birthday,perfect...i will try not to comment but TND & drinkies do make a great combo....
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    al though you should get a XXX and goodhead for your birthday :P
    hahaha Goodhead is guaranteed over the weekend,if i dont drink too much and can keep my British end up !
    The TND gunbarrel is actually quite brilliant and slick...ive seen this film so many times and not took it in...must be my age in about 13mins...

"Filthy habit"..love it
    "Pump her for information"...you naughty girl 'M'....i dont think Bernard Lee would be too pleased ..but i do like Brosnan's worried face as he looks at the 'Tomorrow' newspapers at Hamburg Airport.
    Love the 'Bond and vodka' sitting in the hotel room scene...gun ready,waiting...thats ConneryBond...even though its BrosnanBond..
    Bond infiltrating Carvers printing factory...love it,and the score...and the way he pushes over the $1,00000000000000000000000000000000 news satellite as he tries to escape...such a British thing to do...and Arnold's score...brilliant...we need this back !!!!

"they'll print anything these days"..and then the 007 theme and then into the BMW for a fantastic score...TND may be by the numbers but i love it.
    Now is the tricky bit....the second half of TND...Vietnam...
    Hmmm the second half of TND is definately struggling here....i need to check my list,im sensing a drop if the 2 Bond films below it are strong enough..

Its Brosnan's voice,its quite high....every Bond before and after has has deeper voices,i think that makes a difference,and his accent is really all over the place in this,especially in the Vietnam scene checking the weapons and typing to the 2 governments....
    Its Brosnan's accent @birdleson ..btw thanks for being part of the posse that calmed me down...oh hang on ,he is off again.
    EDIT: its you he is attacking now...i will try and find a mod...
    @barryt007
    Happy Birthday, BTW. :)
    hahaha great thinking...respect to you....im not happy with the slow-mo and techno music during the fight on the stealth boat either...i think TND might lose points here tonight...i would love to know the 2 Bond films below it who i might raise up but i cant be arsed to move hahaha..
    The slo-mo on the stealth isn't particularly Bondian. Never understood it. I doubt Peter Hunt would have approved.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The slo-mo on the stealth isn't particularly Bondian. Never understood it. I doubt Peter Hunt would have approved.
    Agreed my friend,i dont get it ,or the retro-music...im going to check my films round it on a piece of paper ..back in a min...

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think the slow mo was trying to make things appear dramatic. Kinda like the cliffhanger of a movie or show. WILL BOND ESCAPE THE STEALTH BOTH WITH HIS LIFE? WILL WAI LIN BE ABLE TO KILL THE GOONS DESPITE HAVING 2 BULLETS!? FIND OUT NEXT WEEK! ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think the slow mo was trying to make things appear dramatic. Kinda like the cliffhanger of a movie or show. WILL BOND ESCAPE THE STEALTH BOTH WITH HIS LIFE? WILL WAI LIN BE ABLE TO KILL THE GOONS DESPITE HAVING 2 BULLETS!? FIND OUT NEXT WEEK! ;)
    I hate to say it,as i have defended TND ...but ,im only 40 mins older on my birthday today and ,ow,i dont like it... !!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love TND but I acknowledge it's flaws. :P
    Right....QOS going in...this is the biggest ever jump in my list history ..from #16 to #4 in one go last year...
    Oh btw....TND was #12 on my list...above #13 SP,#14 DN ,#15 GF ...not any more...TND drops to #16 just above AVTAK,and that was close...
    "we have people everywhere...am i right " ?....this is a Lazenby/Craig Bond flick....love it..but the dialogue later is so brilliant and interesting and relevant...i love QOS !!
    The thing is QOS at #4 is sandwiched between #3 CR and #5 TB ...and i cant see those 2 moving...my top 9 films are pretty solid and i cant see any other Bond film sneaking in...
    I used to think Brosnan and Craig were similar in how i liked Bond....TND and QOS have shown me how impressive Craig is..its no contest..Craig is simply brilliant.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @barryt007: Happy B-day, and agreed: DC is brilliant (his charisma and masculinity is from the Connery DNA).
    His next 007 film has to go back to these strengths.
    QoS has one of my favorite Craig performances. He's pure Bond throughout.