The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I do like Jimmy Dean as WW in DAF,he did a great job....and Burton still remains my 2nd favourite Felix .
    Now comes the part of the film that lets it down...that silly oil rig battle....such a shame.

Mind you,i do love the sign on the wall in the oil rig control centre : If in doubt ASK...
    All finished ,and the ending really is naff....so DAF stays at #22...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    All finished ,and the ending really is naff....so DAF stays at #22...

The first instance of pain-face when Connery is strangled by Wint.
    hahaha yes ,spot on !

Right ,one more Bond flick : DAD going in...currently #20...ahead of TMWTGG ,DAF,MR,TLD....just behind FYEO...it might overtake it i think...lets see.
    "It's pathetic,you British still feel you have the right to police the world"....a great line,even though it critisizes my beautiful country.
    I love the scene in the hotel with the Chinese,and how Bond is backed by them to get Zao...
    Debating which Bond film to watch, it will be the first of 2017.
    how many have u narrowed down to...SF was my first of 2017..watching DAD now and enjoying it...
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    it can only be one, FYEO
    Octopussy is the front runner at the moment, listening to my Bond albums with a Vodka... For inspiration of course.
    Aaah ..Moore's best film.....a lovely film to start 2017 with !

It's #6 on my list...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, can't go wrong with a bit of OP to kick off your Bond fix for the year.
    I know im being lazy but does anyone have the footage of Bond escaping the BA jumbo jet in DAD ?
    That's my thinking Octopussy has alot of Bond elements and Moore is on top form, love the scenes Moore has with Louis Jourdan. Moore is at his sardonic best think I'll watch OP. :-bd
    Go for it,and comment as you watch !
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,189
    "You gotta ask yourself a question...do I feel lucky?"
    "I feel lucky...shall we double?"

;)
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    "You gotta ask yourself a question...do I feel lucky?"
    "I feel lucky...shall we double?"

;)

Aaah Kamal Eastwood i believe haha !
    "While you were away the world changed "...nice respectful reference to 9/11 by M...
    Jourdan as Kamal Khan has really climbed the rankings for me in terms of my favorite villains. In the last five viewings or so, it's clicked just how sinister he is, and his acting completely sells it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Jourdan as Kamal Khan has really climbed the rankings for me in terms of my favorite villains. In the last five viewings or so, it's clicked just how sinister he is, and his acting completely sells it.

He has always been one of may favourites,and if you add Gobinda and Orlov into the mix ,then Rogerbond really has a tough job on his hands in OP..

But i am really enjoying DAD ,it might climb from #20 to #18 at this rate...

The old 'Bond throwing the keys ' in his hotel room (or ice palace in this case )....brilliant..
    Gobinda is also terrific, and very underrated. He's present throughout so much of the film, yet doesn't get too much dialogue to work with, unfortunately. Orlov is excellent, too, a complete psycho. I even enjoy Mischka and Grischka, they make a great pairing for Bond to face off against, and are wonderful in the scene with 009. In the villain department, OP shines.
    DAD is daft and is a great comedy in the sense it really does not take itself seriously, as bad as it is it has some cool and hilarious moments.
    Aaah of course..Mishka and Grishka...brilliant...MooreBond had some serious baddies to deal with in OP...thats why its my highest MooreBond flick ...i love OP
    DAD is daft and is a great comedy in the sense it really does not take itself seriously, as bad as it is it has some cool and hilarious moments.

Agreed..and having watched DAF and now DAD its been a fun romp...

DAD is simply Brosnan's MR ,and a much better film..

• edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    It's often been said though that's why Bond films endure, there are so many types of Bond films and the producers have always been wise to shake it up they know what they are doing... Well Cubby did in any case.
    @fire_and_ice, if you watch DAD for what it is, it's a lot of fun, incredibly entertaining. However, that doesn't excuse all the bad bits and wasted opportunities. Regardless, the 11 year old me loved it in theaters, and I've had a fondness for it ever since.

@barryt007, one of Moore's more brutal moments, for me, is when he kills Grischka in the cabin. One ups him with the throwing knife, getting perfect revenge for 009.
    @LordBrettSinclair listening to FYEO soundtrack it really has grown on me in the last year.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, if you watch DAD for what it is, it's a lot of fun, incredibly entertaining. However, that doesn't excuse all the bad bits and wasted opportunities. Regardless, the 11 year old me loved it in theaters, and I've had a fondness for it ever since.

@barryt007, one of Moore's more brutal moments, for me, is when he kills Grischka in the cabin. One ups him with the throwing knife, getting perfect revenge for 009.

Well said in both cases @Creasy47 ...i was 13 when i saw OP in the cinema so i know the attachment u feel to one Bond film in particular..mine is OP.

But DAD is rising up my list tbf..it is a fun Bond film IMO....it might,just might move up one or 2 places...lets see once it finishes...

OP was my first Bond at the cinema I was 9, seen every Bond at the cinema since. So always been fond of OP.