Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I imagine it's coincidence.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-opening-crawl-rian-johnson/

Now that's a cool photo...

PHzdCzRiV51BCH_1_l.jpg

Snoak mentions...

'...the droid will soon be delivered to the resistance, leading them to the last Jedi. If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise...'

@Creasy would not be suprised if episode IX is titled... Rise of the new Jedi or something to that effect.
    Or "The Force Rising" more likely
    I would be in favour of the re-emergence of Jedi's on the scale of the prequel trilogy before they were all slaughtered. Obviously I would want the Jedi populous to be portrayed better than the prequels.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    @RC7

yes I watch mostly in French or sometimes German, possible it makes difference.

As for the reaction in general to me give 10/10 for AOTC...
    ...people are too picky, because of middle section of 10 minutes of love stuff, cheesy yes, whole movie gets ripped apart. That is just silly.

Reminds me of people who complain of OHMSS love scenes when Tracy and Bond fall in love...

and also, tastes are different, I am not a purist that thinks every thing after original trilogy was done by devil. I also don't mind the alterations that Lucas made. Some are questionable but overall it is good viewing experience. At least for me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love it as well, but not Christensen.
    16265261_10154385603589366_1628087778131365413_n.png?oh=77f3f1900b8ce525e5bf246286c83ad7&oe=591EB3C2

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This one is better. :))
    enhanced-11501-1460368176-1.png

:))

@Murdock that's quality
  • If there is a series that's overrated to the max it's star wars, equaled with Harry Potter. even Lucas has claimed it's for children and that his fan base just doesn't want to admit it.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    If there is a series that's overrated to the max it's star wars, equaled with Harry Potter. even Lucas has claimed it's for children and that his fan base just doesn't want to admit it.

Piss off.
    Well, some people still watch cartoons way past their childhood, so I don't think there is any harm liking Star Wars when you're an adult.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    If there is a series that's overrated to the max it's star wars, equaled with Harry Potter. even Lucas has claimed it's for children and that his fan base just doesn't want to admit it.

Considering the fanbase has slummed through more badly received films than good films in the last twenty years, I'd hardly call it overrated.

Have you got a link to that George Lucas quote? ;)

:)) This is so true...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

So what film series is good in your opinion? Not even the Bond series judging by many of your comments concerning the actors, I've seen across the forum.
    Like many, I grew up with Star Wars, and now as an adult I get to experience the Star Wars phenomenon again with my own children. It's really quite unique in that respect.
    Now Disney owns Star Wars, fans are being spoilt by a mass of new movies, and the usual Disney magic to market and sell the product. It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan, other than if you're very dour and negative to it all of course.

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rian-johnson-influences/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Rian Johnson goes on to say...

“Twelve O’Clock High was a big touchstone, for the feel and look of the aerial combat as well as the dynamic between the pilots. Three Outlaw Samurai for the feel of the sword-fighting, and the general sense of pulpy fun. And To Catch A Thief was a great film to rewatch, for the romantic scale and grandeur.”

“I found myself constantly wanting to push modern idioms into the dialogue, and sometimes that can work, but you have to be very careful. If you go too far you can break that Star Wars spell. The other challenge is the tech talk, which has to be simultaneously complex enough to sound real and conceptually simple enough to follow. The original films were brilliant at that.”

Sounds encouraging
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Takes some balls to compare this to the likes of 'Three Outlaw Samurai' or 'To Catch A Thief.' Time will tell if these influences are obvious or not.
    True I have heard many directors say similar and end up having a final product that is lacking.
    Of all the new SW directors, I have the highest hopes for Rian Johnson.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Of all the new SW directors, I have the highest hopes for Rian Johnson.

+1
    I rewatched Looper the other night and it is a very, very good flick. Very sharply directed.

I have very low hopes for Trevorrow, though.
    Looper is one of the greatest sci fi films ever.
    I thought that Snoak could possibly be Kilo Ren from the future
    Whoever he is, I like him.
    In TFA there is definitely some force telepathic communication between Rey and Leia when they first meet, convinced Rey is Lukes daughter.
    Title is abit of a come down. Oh well!
  • SharkBait wrote: »
    Well, some people still watch cartoons way past their childhood, so I don't think there is any harm liking Star Wars when you're an adult.

Anyone mentioned there is harm in it?
  • Benny wrote: »

So what film series is good in your opinion? Not even the Bond series judging by many of your comments concerning the actors, I've seen across the forum.
    Like many, I grew up with Star Wars, and now as an adult I get to experience the Star Wars phenomenon again with my own children. It's really quite unique in that respect.
    Now Disney owns Star Wars, fans are being spoilt by a mass of new movies, and the usual Disney magic to market and sell the product. It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan, other than if you're very dour and negative to it all of course.

I'm a huge Brosnan,Connery and Moore fan, I love the bond movies lol i wouldn't be here if i didnt. I just didn't think much of Lazenby and Dalton as bonds, but even their movies had their moments. OHMSS is good no question about it.

What series do i find good? How can you top lord of the rings? LOTR is by far the best trilogy for the genre, just as near perfect as was the godfather's trilogy, mission impossible is good too! Other than that, not a superhero fan but the batman trilogy are incredibly well done and quite enjoyable.

what do you think? I do have good taste don't i?

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Innit.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Han Solo spin-off nobody asked for begins filming:

http://www.slashfilm.com/han-solo-movie-begins-filming/
    I have been very skeptic about that Solo film, but I wasn t exactly turned on by the premise for Rogue One either, and that turned out terrific.