The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

peter wrote: »
    @barryt007: Happy B-day, and agreed: DC is brilliant (his charisma and masculinity is from the Connery DNA).
    His next 007 film has to go back to these strengths.

Thanks @peter ..much appreciated....and yes...the QOS Craig is the best Craig...this is why i think its bouncing up everyone's list of films...but i dont think we will get that back,which is why QOS can only get more iconic...maybe even being the best Craig Bond film eventually ? its possible.

aah this Beam/Greene/Elvis/Felix in the jet scene is brilliant..i love it ...this is so QOS...the dialogue is perfect.
    aaah Tosca.....
    Oh bloody hell,i forget this is friday morning for most of you...i have the day off... :/
    Time for Greene to put an axe through his foot...ow..
    bloody hell,Greene always amazes me when his mask slips and he beats the shit out of bond tiwh that pipe before going for the ace..
    "sounds like you just lost another one "...love that line.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    @barryt007 The Perla de las Dunas finale is grossly underrated. Have a listen to this in isolation:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=-2w4t-OEEbY
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like how Arnold referenced some of that track in GoldenEye Reloaded.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Murdock Did Arnold actually work on that soundtrack? I believe it was composed by Kevin Kiner. Regardless, there are similarities no doubt. That game had a great score.
    Arnold and Kiner both did a number of tracks for the GoldenEye reloaded. For 007 Legends Arnold only did the Goldfinger remix while Kiner did the rest.
    Good to know, thanks.
    You're welcome. :)
    Tempted to stick another Bond in and make it a birthday all-nighter....TND/QOS done....Hmm.....shall i or shant i ..Girlfriend will be pissed off,in fact she is whatsupp now saying 'have fun' but i know she will kick my arse ..actually she is giving me grief right now.
    Fuck this...my Bond all nighter will exist.....TMWTGG going in...
  • Watching Diamonds are Forever. That pre-credit sequence got off to a good start but things went flat afterwards.
    not as flat as my night has just turned...
    Say what you like about TMWTGG it is a happy groove fest.....the perfect end for an all-night Bondathon...
    I'm not as critical of it as I was a few years ago, I'm tempted to give it a rewatch.
    So far its well worth it ...my Birthday Over Night-angry but then apologised to by my girlfriend Bondathon of TND QOS TMWTGG has worked well,but the 1st film was open to someone to suggest
    The fight scene in Beirut is quite brutal with Sir Roger,i mean he was bashing a mans head agains the wall etc....Dalton never even hit anybody !!
    If you stop thinking about the Fleming novel and take it as a Bond flick,TMWTGG works for me ....and a Barry score makes a difference,even if he was quoted as saying he was off form.
    He says it was his least favorite Bond score but I think it's pretty good.
    Exactly,its a lively number throughout,and its keeping me awake in my overnight birthday bondathon...along with Sir Roger of course...
    TMWTGG is the nastiest RogerBond and i like it.....he has his moments in all his films ,but mainly in TMWTGG and FYEO...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The fight scene in Beirut is quite brutal with Sir Roger,i mean he was bashing a mans head agains the wall etc....Dalton never even hit anybody !!

That's one of the great Moore fights that harks back to his Simon Templar days.

Yes he did, he punched Dario and did a couple of head-butts.
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Yes he did, he punched Dario and did a couple of head-butts.

Good point @bain123 i forgot that !!

• LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    Anyone up for watching a Roger Moore Bond?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Tiger helicopter scene between Bond and Natalya in GE: when all else fails, headbutt everything in sight until a solution is found.
    The music is great too. Shame that wasn't on the soundtrack.