Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Having just watched Rogue One my punt for the next Bond is... Sean Connery if you get my meaning.

Or Bing Crosby. I haven't seen RO but I think I get what you're hinting.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Ok, too early. Maybe one day. ^:)^
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    James D'Arcy

James%20Darcy%20headshot_large.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No thanks.
    Nope...nope...and nope.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    How about this guy?

JS75050476.jpg

I'd say he just about fits the profile.
    Bloody hell,how did he become Bond looking like that !!
    jake24 wrote: »
    How about this guy?

JS75050476.jpg

I'd say he just about fits the profile.

Hippie
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    He looks like that actor from Mission: Impossible who played Necros in The Living Daylights.

And while I like James D'Arcy a lot, sorry to say he's not Bond material. John Steed or Q? Most definitely. But, definitely not Bond.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ha ha, true. The point I was making is that he IS bankable.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I've said it before, but, the guy wearing the tux right now's a little bit of awesome and is doing just fine.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    After seeing Man from UNCLE, I am convinced Cavill could play James Bond. Not a gritty James Bond, but a fun, snobby, sarcastic James Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Cavill has got the looks, but he has as much charisma as a can opener.
    After seeing Man from UNCLE, I am convinced Cavill could play James Bond. Not a gritty James Bond, but a fun, snobby, sarcastic James Bond.
    +1
    jake24 wrote: »
    Cavill has got the looks, but he has as much charisma as a can opener.

The manual kind ..not the fancy electric kind either.
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone who thinks Cavill could do Bond needs an appointment with 'The Doctor'.
    My son in 30 years time or so. Who knows.
    Or those who rather radically force their opinions down the throats of others in the most snobbish of the ways... ;)
    This forum would certainly keep The Doctor busy. My appointment is next week. 8-X
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Just watched X Men Apocalypse, it has again reminded me just how good Michael Fassbender would be as Mr Bond. He would be my choice for sure, please Babs make this happen. Buy him a delicatessen in stainless steel if that's what it takes.
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Just watched X Men Apocalypse, it has again reminded me just how good Michael Fassbender would be as Mr Bond. He would be my choice for sure, please Babs make this happen. Buy him a delicatessen in stainless steel if that's what it takes.

My thoughts exactly.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    +1
    -1. Cavill doesn't have the goods imho.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    +1

+2
    Cavill works well enough as Superman because that's kind of a wooden character but hits me as dull as Turner just less of a pretty boy.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 1,661
    Well it's a new year - Happy New Year! - so perhaps we'll hear some new names. ;) Keep you eyes peeled for any potential candidates on tv and in films.
    Yup. Potential new names. Like ClarkDevlin playing Bond 15000 years later. ;)
    New names would be great because so far none of the ones mentioned convince me.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    I've always said Fassbender, but I'm beginning to wonder if the moment has passed. Bond may go in a different direction and may need someone fresher and I don't think Fassbender will be interested as his career keeps on climbing.

Charisma must trump looks, but my choices would probably be highly unlikely. Joseph Fiennes might actually work as he's very under-rated and from what I understand, was blackballed by Hollywood for reneging on a multi-picture deal.

It would also be a lot of fun seeing him spar with his older brother Ralph as M.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited January 2017 Posts: 9,020
    @barryt007 !!!!!!

stop!! you will give Purvis + Wade ideas and we will end up with Bond 25 being a story about M's long lost son turning out to be James Bond for Heaven's sake :))

I can hear Moneypenny say to Q: Have you never noticed the striking resemblance?
    @barryt007 !!!!!!

stop!! you will give Purvis + Wade ideas and we will end up with Bond 25 being a story about M's long lost son turning out to be James Bond for Heaven's sake :))

I can hear Moneypenny say to Q: Have you never noticed the striking resemblance?

#-o. ..you probably just ruined four months of hard work from P&W. Now they'll have to go back to the kidnapping idea!