Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    =))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    +1
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    I don't know what Murdock's emoji means but I'm guessing it is not a glowing endorsement of my suggestion that Aaron Taylor Johnson might be the next Bond! I think that, if she is the one in the driving seat when the recasting takes places, BB will find him appealing. I'm not saying he would be my choice as such, although I do think it might work. I just have a feeling that he will be in the running - like it or not!
    Johnson is a terrible choice for Bond. So wooden and unappealing.
    What does your emoji mean? I can't figure it out. I'm not saying ATJ would be my choice but I think he is a dark horse for this.
    It means I was laughing at the idea of Aaron Taylor Johnson being Bond.
    I thought the emoji was alluding to vomit or bodily rejection of some sort - either way I knew you weren't expecting ATJ to don the tux anytime soon!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Who are your sources? Did Mikey Wilson leak it to you?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    ATJ has the charisma of a plank.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    He's not even fast enough to dodge a bullet. ;)
    Let alone hundreds. :))
    Reminds me of that Justin Bieber video... :))
    Who the bloody hell is Aaron Taylor whatever ?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,330
    This guy.
    1906982.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A bit "council estate" sums up my thoughts on Tom Hardy.
    Thanks @Murdock ....I do actually recognise him,what has he acted in ?
    He's the star of the 2 Kickass films, He was Quicksilver in Age of Ultron and Bryan Cranston's son from Godzilla 2014. That's all I know him from.
    Murdock wrote: »
    He's the star of the 2 Kickass films, He was Quicksilver in Age of Ultron and Bryan Cranston's son from Godzilla 2014. That's all I know him from.

Aaah ok,that rings a bell ,especially Quicksilver as I have that film.
    Thanks pal !

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I don't know why anyone on here bothers suggesting a person because all that happens is everyone shoots it down in flames.
    ATJ had a leading role in Oliver Stone's Savages and Tom Ford's Nocturnal Animals, for which he won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor this month. He played young John Lennon in Nowhere Boy - during which he formed a relationship (now married with kids) to the director. The KickAss movies were innovative and successful.
    Daniel Craig did Tomb Raider; ATJ did Godzilla. But he has a good CV and I have a feeling - it is nothing more than that - that BB would have him on her radar. I am not saying I would definitely cast him and I am not claiming to have any insider info - I'm just throwing this idea into the mix.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Hardy was born in Hammersmith and raised in Richmond. Hardly Broadwater Farm.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »

Hardy was born in Hammersmith and raised in Richmond. Hardly Broadwater Farm.

That doesn't change the fact that I think he gives off a thugish vibe.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Fair enough.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I'm really surprised by the number of people supporting Hardy. He looks absolutely nothing like the part, even with the slightly update standards the choice of Craig brought in (less refined and debonair, more rough, not the "tall dark" figure, etc.). Hardy does look thuggish and not at all sophisticated.

But even if that wasn't the case, Hardy is too much of a star for Bond. Same goes for Hiddleston, of course. I think Babs and MGW would rather have someone relatively unknown to the wider audiences, like Craig was in 2006.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Hardy's too short at 5' 8".
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    talos7 wrote: »
    ATJ has the charisma of a plank.

? Have you seen Nocturnal Animals. He's a decent actor. Not convinced on him being Bond as yet....but....he has presence certainly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    NicNac wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone on here bothers suggesting a person because all that happens is everyone shoots it down in flames.

Because 95 percent of the suggestions are cringeworthy.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    Hardy generates a lot of presence and is a capable actor. Probably more than Craig in my opinion.

He doesn't look the part but he's popular on both sides of the pond. Built in audience.

Yes BB makes her own decision but whomever is cast the studio can't be ruled out. They're paying the bill.

Remember all those factors played into Brosnan being cast.

Plus Hardy wants the part.
    Doesn't mean he's right for the part.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Doesn't mean he's right for the part.
    +1