Supreme dealer.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    Snoke if you got em.

Supreme dealer.
    Just call me Cig Garette. :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ep VIII-SNOKE AND THE BANDIT
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Snoke if you got em.

Supreme dealer.

From the Tu Bakku system.
    Snoke if you got em.

Supreme dealer.

RC-001 is his arch Nemesis. =))
    200_s.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Snoke if you got em.

Supreme dealer.

RC-001 is his arch Nemesis. =))
    200_s.gif

And we can't forget Robocop's humanoid partner in crime, Nick Otine.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    This film won't make a billion, but it will probably make more in the US than the rest of the world, or a 50/50 split.
  • Lol ok I'm sorry, I loved both movies but this made me laugh!

15723636_1142323829216966_5642200007269427975_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c869990db8d9baef9540b6d2b49f9ecc&oe=58E51963
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't think it was so much Hayden's acting rather than Lucas's poor writing and directing for the prequels. He's not the best actor in the world no but he's not the one who came up with lines like "I don't like sand, it's course, rough and gets everywhere." The prequels really needed the people who challenged Lucas in the 80's rather than the Yes men and women who said all his ideas were great.
    The writing was pretty bad, true. Remember "I killed them. I killed them all!!"

However this clown was definitely in over his head from the get-go. Even the kid was better than him.

Every time I think of Jake Lloyd's Anakin, it's the "yippee" line that first comes to mind. George Lucas really screwed the pooch with the prequels.
    Lol ok I'm sorry, I loved both movies but this made me laugh!

15723636_1142323829216966_5642200007269427975_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c869990db8d9baef9540b6d2b49f9ecc&oe=58E51963

Haha, same here.
    Damn, just heard about Carrier Fisher's heart attack. Hope she recovers quickly.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Same here. She's reportedly in critical condition.
  • I enjoy the prequels more now, they are not great in the true sense of the word. Though the prequels are pretty insane, I find them entertaining.

Get well soon Carrie
    :( Damn.

I hope she recovers.
    Get well soon Carrie.
  • Luckily there was a nurse & doctor on the flight with her. I hope that was enough to make the difference.

I have to admit I was very saddened to hear this news (more than any celebrity this year), and I've been constantly checking for an update
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great to hear.
  • Glad she is stable, though if she was not breathing for ten minutes that's not good.
    bondjames wrote: »
    That joker Christensen is probably the worst casting decision in the history of movies. Poor Natalie Portman almost looked embarrassed as she was forced to share the screen with him and bring her acting down to his level. Truly a tragic situation given the high expectations.

Really? Cause Diego Luna made the guy look like James Stewart.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    According to her brother she's in intensive care. I really hope she pulls through, this has been one sh*t year.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creepy part about all this? The novel I'm reading now, Star Wars: Bloodline, has just put Leia in the hospital after a terrorist attack.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Just reading this awful news about Carrie Fisher. I hope she's okay. I saw RO for the second time tonight and now I don't feel like posting my thoughts. It can wait.
    I think one has to be young enough to dive into the prequels if one desires to appreciate them.

Bulls**t. I saw the Original Trilogy movies long before I saw the Prequel films. And I spent my thirties watching the 1999-2005 movies for the first time and instantly became a big fan.

I've also noticed that many STAR WARS fans have spent more energy bitching about the Prequel movies than talking about the other films in the saga. My least favorite film is "The Force Awakens" and yet, I haven't spent that amount of energy complaining about it.
    That's because fanboys are strange creatures.
    Fangirls on the other hand. ;)
    bf4f805ece4547331a5d77b376a4c729.jpg
    That s a great picture. Which one is that from?
    Fangirls on the other hand. ;)
    bf4f805ece4547331a5d77b376a4c729.jpg

EucIfYY.gif

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I can't believe most of the criticism for Rogue One is predominantly centered upon the "fan service". I know it's in vogue to hate on new releases these days. Every Joe with a Twitter account loves nothing else but to resort to sarcasm and bash for the sake of bashing, but let's look at a few things.

The prequels, which drove many a Star Wars fan into blazing fury, were largely criticized for their convoluted plots, dull or even stupid characters, over-reliance on CGI, lack of familiar faces, names, places, tools, vehicles, and the absence of a good tie-in with the original trilogy. Rogue One tells a simple enough story, as do the original three films, has some pretty cool characters, takes the "used world" approach and in doing so isn't entirely about green screen acting, does provide many of the familiar faces (and here I agree that the CGI isn't always that good), brings familiar vehicles, situations and whatnot AND provides a neat tie-in with the original trilogy. We knew where this story was going to take us and how it was going to end. There was never any other way for this film than to come up with a "best of" of Star Wars goods and give us the pre-Star Wars thrills that we've been hearing about since '77.

Great, epic plots with possible threads to pick up on for further movies is something they need to reserve for Ep. VIII, IX, ... . Rogue One is about the last couple of weeks (?), days (?) before Ep. IV. And in my opinion, they were wise to keep it simple, familiar, exciting. Yes, fan service all the way. But man, is it good, no great fan service!
  • patb wrote: »
    Ignorance is something not to be boasted about, but I have not seen any of the three prequals? Is there any point?
    Give them a shot, but you'd better have coffee at the ready for Ep I & II. Lots of talking, sitting & talking, standing & talking, walking & talking, etc.
    The Star Wars you knew and loved is now about 'trade federations' and 'senates'.
    There are good parts (few and far between) in I & II.
    III is where it starts getting good, though it still has its boring parts.
    Here's the thing with the prequels:
    In the mid 90's George Lucas had become SO popular after the Special Editions were released on VHS and in theatres, with so much renewed interest in the series and especially all the new kids being introduced for the first time (myself included). All of a sudden people were foaming at the mouth when it was announced that Episode I was going to be made.

George Lucas was directing this new trilogy but he was missing something important: someone with the guts to tell him NO.

Think about it: He directed A New Hope but he also had other people providing input. For example, if George had his way, in the climax Han shows up to save Luke a good ten minutes before taking his shot to destroy the Death Star-- and I also read Luke misses the first time and flies around to try again! There were people there who saw this in the script, and would say 'No, George, that's stupid. Here's how you do it.'

But with the prequels he was surrounded by 'yes men'. Nobody would speak up! Oh if I could be a fly on the wall during filming; I can picture George pitching an idea and everyone rolling their eyes, but saying 'wonderful!!'

George Lucas is a talented guy, and a good guy from what I read about him. He absolutely is capable of directing a good movie. BUT, during the prequel era he had gotten a bit too big for his britches, and some input from other talent would have improved all 3 movies greatly.

Anyone agree/disagree, or have anything to add?