No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thanks, @Mendes4Lyfe.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    These articles say nothing new though. He's just waiting for a silly deal he cant refuse.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    "So much is hanging in the air - and no one knows."

According to that insider, who spoke to the Mirror, they are in a panic about 2018 still being viable and nothing is sorted yet.
    How would they know though.....UK tabloids lie.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    They still mention Idris Elba as a contender; he has never been a contender.
    Exactly pure fantasy or controversial crap to get a rise!
    Elba is a contender for Beverley Hills Cop....never Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    talos7 wrote: »
    Automatic loss of credibility.
    Bond will never be of different ethnicity no matter how hard the media tries.
    True.
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Automatic loss of credibility.

Yes.
    Bond will never be of different ethnicity no matter how hard the media tries.
    The media sure does like to give our James a lot of s*** regarding the changing of his ethnicity, gender, or just his overall image. Why don't we leave 007 alone and give Superman a hard time for a change? The only crap Supe gets is whether or not the trunks stay or go. You never see rumors of Idris, Jackie Chan, or Gillian Anderson being the next Superman.
    This article reminds me of early 2004 when the Brosnan situation was at a stand still. However, if according to the article, Eon is aiming for an October 2018 release, I'd see that as good news providing things get sorted out early enough to get things rolling.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,756
    I'm really tired of Craig not giving a definite "Yes" or "No" about returning to Bond. Just seems disrespectful...
    Agreed. It's getting tiresome.
    With Craig and Broccoli working together at the moment, I doubt if things are as "grey" to them as it is to the public. While SPECTRE did well, I think there were signs that something new is needed, even if Craig is to remain. I think both Daniel and Barbara know if he's going to stay or go. Either way the lack of certainty presented to the general public makes for good press and free publicity.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    it's the Mirror, guys. Not Deadline, nor the Hollywood Reporter, or Variety.

And, it's pretty hard to "go off the grid" when the stage production he's working on IS WITH BABS.

They both know he's coming back. He's worth wayyyyyy too much to the franchise, his relationship with Babs has value, and, quite frankly, there is no one, and I mean no one, waiting in the wings to be the next 007.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I guess you could say that the media has been more for a new Bond than EoN. I mean there exactly been an official announcement that they searching for a new Bond. At least a full blown search like when Brosnan was passed back in 1986.

Aww seems strange ...from 1985 to 1987 Cubby said bye to one actor, had to recast his almost cast Bond, and go through a studio change ....and release an anniversary film in two years. Hmmm :-?
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,661
    peter wrote: »
    it's the Mirror, guys. Not Deadline, nor the Hollywood Reporter, or Variety.

And, it's pretty hard to "go off the grid" when the stage production he's working on IS WITH BABS.

They both know he's coming back. He's worth wayyyyyy too much to the franchise, his relationship with Babs has value, and, quite frankly, there is no one, and I mean no one, waiting in the wings to be the next 007.

I don't agree with your final comment. If Craig doesn't come back someone will replace Daniel Craig. That someone may be a terrible choice or adequate or good - but someone WILL replace Craig. No James Bond actor is irreplaceable.

If EON and MGM are set on a winter 2018 release date I reckon Daniel Craig has to reveal his hand by spring 2017. If he's out he has to say so in spring to allow six months for a proper search, extensive screentests, and new actor revealed by autumn.... so I think we will hear something definite by spring assuming Bond 25 is winter 2018. Also, as mentioned in those items - the new distributor needs to be found so Craig can't delay his decision too long. Sony or whoever is the new distributor will put pressure on EON to get Craig to make up his mind.
    @fanbond123

I agree, however if Craig is out they will wait until 2019, I think. If Craig would have announced after SP that he was definitely done, maybe they would have gone with 2018, but let's not forget that it's not a simple matter of switching actors and carrying on as usual.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @fanboy, DC is working with Babs on Othello as we speak. Do we really believe they don't know the answer by now?

And, just a hunch, would DC be a prick and screw Babs for giving him this "gift" and then not re-pay the favour by doing her bigger project: 007?

I doubt it.
    Between the two of them, they know what he's going to do.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 3,126
    Yeah I saw some articles that are writing Craig and the producers are apparently not getting anywhere. Seems unlikely he will return I think.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2016 Posts: 45,489
    suavejmf wrote: »
    How would they know though.....UK tabloids lie.

Barbara called the editor and told him they were in full panic mode.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Those new Reports still live off of the 'wrist slash' comments that have unfortunately cemented themselves in the publics mind... Which means they are nothing but BS.
    Daniel wants to keep his job, he made that pretty clear in NY, but he doesn't run the company so it's not just his decision
  • peterpeter Toronto
    There are legitimate entertainment news organizations whose mission is to announce breaking news and to keep their readership up to date on all things entertainment, like Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Reporter-- and none of them, none, are reporting what the Mirror is reporting.

The Mirror is a rag. They re-cycle old stories, mixed in with anonymous "leads". If Babs, or anyone at EON wanted to "leak" a story, they would contact one of the papers above, not the Mirror.

DC is working with Babs on Othello. I'm wagering it's not a matter of "if" DC will return, but a matter of "when". And if it is only one more, it will be announced, a la Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (generating buzz even before filming starts).
    Daniel Craig seems a bit of a contrary bloke. Who knows, perhaps one week he thinks "I'll do one more film" and the next week he may think "another Bond film, **** that!"

Perhaps that's the problem? He is up and down. Roger Moore always wanted to do more Bonds, same with Pierce Brosnan. Another issue may be the top brass at MGM may be fed up with Craig's indecision. They may reach a point when they don't want him back due to his prevarication! Put it like this - would you want an actor that can't decide if he wants to come back vs a new actor ultra-keen to play the part? Craig just going through the acting motions "just for the money" in Bond 25 may not desirable.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Daniel Craig seems a bit of a contrary bloke. Who knows, perhaps one week he thinks "I'll do one more film" and the next week he may think "another Bond film, **** that!"

Perhaps that's the problem? He is up and down. Roger Moore always wanted to do more Bonds, same with Pierce Brosnan. Another issue may be the top brass at MGM may be fed up with Craig's indecision. They may reach a point when they don't want him back due to his prevarication! Put it like this - would you want an actor that can't decide if he wants to come back vs a new actor ultra-keen to play the part? Craig just going through the acting motions "just for the money" in Bond 25 may not desirable.

I agree 100%.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @fanboy-- i honestly think at this point, DC won't do anything "just for the money".