"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    The "thoughts and prayers" phrase has become a bit cliché, hasn't it?

I think it's important nonetheless to keep a positive spirit. Nothing makes a situation more dire than a pessimistic outlook.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2016 Posts: 28,694
    The best of luck to you and your father, @Birdleson, you have all my well wishes. These kinds of family related things is always tough, but it's crucial to be strong for each other (I don't know why I'm telling you this, you're a grown man).

I also concur on the whole prayers thing. Being an atheist, I almost want to tell people, "You could pray for me, or, you know, do something that would actually help." But I'm told I'm better than that, or something.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Thank you Brady. We are a family of atheists.

The best way to sin is to sin with company, I always say, and keep the sin in the bloodline (massive sarcasm overload). Gotta give evangelists something to preach against.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You re a good boy, @Birdleson.
    All the best to you and your dad @Birdleson ,old mate .
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    All the best to you and your dad @Birdleson.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    My best wishes to your Father for a speedy recovery from his surgery
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Best wishes for your Dad @Birdleson. Here's to a speedy recovery.
    Going to visit my mother on Saturday. On Sunday I turn 100.
    Aaah that would explain a lot...

Speak up, son. I can t hear you.

I'm surprised the old bird isn't being quarantined for study by scientists so that they can discover how you were created.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I turned 42.
    I am 24 inside.
    I look like 37 (so they say).
    I feel like 73 (at the moment).
    I randomly woke up with a badly sprained ankle so I'm going to get that checked out. Went to bed fine, woke up with this intense foot pain. What the heck? :O
    Maybe you were abducted?
    Maybe you were abducted?
    I wouldn't be surprised. I knew I should have kept this under the pillow.
    V6qtZc0l.jpg

Murdock wrote: »
    I randomly woke up with a badly sprained ankle so I'm going to get that checked out. Went to bed fine, woke up with this intense foot pain. What the heck? :O

@Murdock, it looks like it's time for you to book an appointment with Dr. Molly Warmflash and get that kink sorted out. I have it on good authority from a friend of mine that she comes well recommended.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/jamesbond/images/3/38/Molly_Warmflash_-_Profile.png/revision/latest?cb=20160402170426
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 that sounds like a perfect idea. ;)
    Spill the beans Bond-nerds...whatcha up to this weekend ?
    Rogue One.
  • Agnes_007Agnes_007 Manchester, UK
    edited December 2016 Posts: 50
    Working and going out into town at some point with my friends. Hopefully going to catch Rogue One while doing some last bits of Christmas shopping too. So it's gonna be a busy one! :))
    Christmas shopping!!!!! :-t
    Party tomorrow night...and the weekend here with my girlfriend after we leave the party,trying to sneak in the Man City v Arsenal match !
    edited December 2016 Posts: 45,489
    [quote="barryt007;680634".and the weekend here with my girlfriend [/quote]

Is it Grace Jones?
    [quote="barryt007;680634".and the weekend here with my girlfriend

Is it Grace Jones?[/quote]

It was ,but she made us do it everywhere,my apartment was trashed....all she kept saying was "whats there to say ? whats there to say ? "...my poor TV....AVTAK was on as well....

• edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    And on that 'Bondshell' (get it ? bombshell - Bondshell ?) i must leave my fellow Bond nerds as a party my girlfriend and i must attend awaits...i will probably be on tomorrow night ....have a great weekend my friends !! .....Bazza checking out.
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    Well today was a GOOOD day for BMWTREKPSE. 18" of fresh snow at Breckenridge made for one amazing day in the mountains :). I skied HARD all day with some friends and then met the ladies for a drink after their day of skiing. Colorado has been slow to get snow this year but they are finally starting to open some of the more appealing terrain!
    Today : "42nd Street" at the Théâtre du Châtelet

Tomorrow : "Rogue One" in Paris
    Still Christmas shopping!!!
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    OK fellow Bond offiados ,its the Christmas weekend very very soon.....so,what are your plans over the festive period ?

We...gots ta know bebe.....