No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Like Red said, DC was Regierung to it, saying his role isnt major and he is not the white savior. I hope, the press will understand that in time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If the press smells blood, they'll go in for the kill. Tricky situation.
    I think it would behoove Daniel and the fans to just drop the LA riots film and focus on Bond 25 instead. That single act of kindness during the Christmas season would, as Kermit The Frog might phrase it, "make millions of people happy".
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The latest from Harris.

"I don't know but I really hope it's Daniel. I hope he stays. I love Daniel! Yeah! I still think he's the best guy for the job, and Barbara is working with him on Othello in New York at the moment so I think she'll be whispering in his ear"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-naomie-harris-on-james-bond-35268255.html
    And whispering "look can we not have Mendes back a third time"

Or I could say wait whispering clearly this means bond 25 is A whisper of love a whisper of hate ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, we've still got six months for the first official word from Eon, at least. ;)
  • I actually think it'll be closer to next Fall. At that point, it will become obvious that SPECTRE was two years prior and Eon will feel compelled to act whether they're ready or not. (That would mean a 2019 Bond, earliest.)
    I predict the next film will be out in 2020
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2016 Posts: 8,110
    Getafix wrote: »

A bold prediction but to be honest, I've been thinking there could be a longer break for a while. I'm starting to feel that would be best for the series, to clear the decks and re-energize. Wilson the younger could take over, or partner with Barbara to coproduce Bond 25, bringing on some new blood. New writers, new producers, new composer, new Bond, Martin Campbell back to complete his trilogy, It just makes the most sense.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thanks. So the gist is that this Borch guy believes Craig has departed from Bond, and that Norway is being considered again.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, and that "The Snowman" with Fassbender has taken most of the incentive order pot this year. Borch is pissed that the new arrangement is so poor that we may lose major franchises wanting to film here, including Bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Getafix wrote: »

A bold prediction but to be honest, I've been thinking there could be a longer break for a while. I'm starting to feel that would be best for the series, to clear the decks and re-energize. Wilson the younger could take over, or partner with Barbara to coproduce Bond 25, bringing on some new blood. New writers, new producers, new composer, new Bond, Martin Campbell back to complete his trilogy, It just makes the most sense.

GW was in charge of the airplane chase in SP. He's not ready for the big leagues.
  • I really hope they can release Bond25 at least in 2018. No more four year gaps plzz.. What has to take so long... The new Star Wars movies are released every TWO years.. more often than both the previous trilogies. I really want Craig to do one more... just one more... If it should sadly enough be impossible.. then I hope the MI6 team cast will remain at least..
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, Google Translate really is hilarious.
    If there's no announcement by March, a 2018 release is completely done for. If that happens, then Craig might leave, and who knows how long it will take for Bond 25 after that. But, the uncertainty is exciting at least...
    No announcement by March. June or July at the earliest.
    No announcement by March. June or July at the earliest.

Or next December. Or July of 2021. (=

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    With talk of other franchises looking ahead and highlighting 2020 release dates, my worst fear is not getting a new Bond film until 2022 to mark a new actor and 60 years. That's a 7 year gap which doesn't seem so far fetched considering the 6 and 4 year gaps the series has had.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    With talk of other franchises looking ahead and highlighting 2020 release dates, my worst fear is not getting a new Bond film until 2022 to mark a new actor and 60 years. That's a 7 year gap which doesn't seem so far fetched considering the 6 and 4 year gaps the series has had.
    Very good point!
    Another thing to bear in mind is that they usually like to rush out a second film once a new actor is introduced. TND and QoS were both hurried productions, as was TMWTGG, so with that said, if Craig is done 2020 seems like quite a possible date. Then a quick follow up in 2022 to capitalize on 60 year anniversary, then the third film in 2025. That's just one possible scenario.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Stay positive guys. Keep calm and Bond on. Bond will be back and sooner than you think.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    It's not negativity to predict or make assumptions upon what we have on the table. I mean, sure, one has to be an optimist, but most importantly, a realist, as well.

Right now, we don't even have a word spilled from Eon or MGM, no distributor even... So, I don't see how a "sooner comeback" is possible. 2018 may be slipping out of the question, as well.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 8,110
    It's not negativity to predict or make assumptions upon what we have on the table. I mean, sure, one has to be an optimist, but most importantly, a realist, as well.

Right now, we don't even have a word spilled from Eon or MGM, no distributor even... So, I don't see how a "sooner comeback" is possible. 2018 may be slipping out of the question, as well.

I believe this is the case. It's been 14 months, nearly.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 12,837
    At this point I think it's pretty certain that 2018 is off the table. I can't see it coming out in 2019 either but that's just a pessimistic gut feeling I have. Although to be fair it's hard to be optimistic about the release date at this point. It's been over a year and we've had nothing but tabloid conjecture. I know we're coming across as entitled brats but it'd be nice to have some concrete news. Craig making his mind up about whether he's staying or going (or if he has already then him/EON announcing it) would be a nice start.

I miss the consistency. Where a Bond film was an event you could look forward to every couple of years instead of every once in a blue moon. It seemed like we were going to get back to that after CR (with the longer gap being a one off to work things out now Brosnan was gone), but then Quantum was a dud and the writers strike happened. Then when SF finally came out it again seemed like a return to form afterwards. It was all systems go, Craig is definitely doing the next two, etc. Then they decided to wait for Mendes. And then SP finally comes out and now we're stuck in complete limbo with no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

It's just frustrating, especially since the longer gap doesn't guarantee quality at all, because now if a film is disappointing (all the more likely when we spend 3 or 4 years anticipating it and letting our imaginations run wild) we don't even have the safety net of "maybe the next one will be better". Because there's no point looking forward to the next one when it could well be half a decade away. Bond has become the same sort of franchise as Die Hard and Mission Impossible. Instead of it being a regular, welcome presence, it's a nice surprise when they actually bring one out. I don't want them to milk it to death like Marvel but it'd be nice if we could go back to having a film every two years, maybe with the odd three year gap to keep things fresh.
    At this point I think it's pretty certain that 2018 is off the table. I can't see it coming out in 2019 either but that's just a pessimistic gut feeling I have. Although to be fair it's hard to be optimistic about the release date at this point. It's been over a year and we've had nothing but tabloid conjecture. I know we're coming across as entitled brats but it'd be nice to have some concrete news. Craig making his mind up about whether he's staying or going (or if he has already then him/EON announcing it) would be a nice start.

I miss the consistency. Where a Bond film was an event you could look forward to every couple of years instead of every once in a blue moon. It seemed like we were going to get back to that after CR (with the longer gap being a one off to work things out now Brosnan was gone), but then Quantum was a dud and the writers strike happened. Then when SF finally came out it again seemed like a return to form afterwards. It was all systems go, Craig is definitely doing the next two, etc. Then they decided to wait for Mendes. And then SP finally comes out and now we're stuck in complete limbo with no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

It's just frustrating, especially since the longer gap doesn't guarantee quality at all, because now if a film is disappointing (all the more likely when we spend 3 or 4 years anticipating it and letting our imaginations run wild) we don't even have the safety net of "maybe the next one will be better". Because there's no point looking forward to the next one when it could well be half a decade away. Bond has become the same sort of franchise as Die Hard and Mission Impossible. Instead of it being a regular, welcome presence, it's a nice surprise when they actually bring one out. I don't want them to milk it to death like Marvel but it'd be nice if we could go back to having a film every two years, maybe with the odd three year gap to keep things fresh.

Exactly how I feel. In addition, I'm of the opinion that longer gaps cause the Bond team to get a bit rusty hence disappointing the entries after 3-4 year waits. If you don't use it, you lose it so to speak.
    I remember in April of 2010 nearly a year and a half after the release of QOS, we FINALLY got news regarding B23: next James Bond film delayed indefinitely.
    With the exception of QoS every James Bond movie has been delayed beginning with DAD. In a way it's kind of a sad reality that this is the current norm for the Bond franchise. Bonds really are an occasional event rather than an on going series. They piggyback on the franchise's renown history rather than letting it naturally evolve. The result is a batch of films that play towards too many homages while attempting to keep it fresh by disregarding various elements in the formula.
    In 2010 when the MGM bankruptcy situation was settled and B23 was given a November 2012 release date, it was certainly announced the series would be returning to it's 2 year cycle. Then Craig was committed to two additional films. Not only did the 50th anniversary give SF that extra added feeling of it being an event, but there was the anticipation of a future: 2 more Craigs to look forward to.
    I hope when we actually do get an announcement regarding B25, it's good news.
    I knew towards the end of the summer we werent getting a 2018 release. I think they need to release it in the summer of 2019. They are getting too out of hand in the time it takes them to release a film. From time to time I feel even SF could have been even a little better for four years of waiting.
  • //Then they decided to wait for Mendes.//

No. They never wanted to make a Bond movie for 2014. Barbara Broccoli made clear she had no interest in doing a movie 2 years after Skyfall. Specific links cited back in this very thread.
  • //In 2010 when the MGM bankruptcy situation was settled and B23 was given a November 2012 release date, it was certainly announced the series would be returning to it's 2 year cycle.//

That was part of MGM's bankruptcy reorganization plan, although Eon never committed to that kind of schedule.