Mistake in Dr. No that I think I'm the first to find.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I just noticed that there are seven days in a week. Anyone else who noticed this before, and do you think it is a coincidence?

Eight days a week according to the Beatles, I trust their judgement
    Waaaiit a minute! Do you listen to The Beatles without earmuffs?
  • I just noticed that there are seven days in a week. Anyone else who noticed this before, and do you think it is a coincidence?

Eight days a week according to the Beatles, I trust their judgement
    Waaaiit a minute! Do you listen to The Beatles without earmuffs?

Only during a Séance on a Wet Afternoon
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    I just noticed that there are seven days in a week. Anyone else who noticed this before, and do you think it is a coincidence?
    That was funny....
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I hate to disappoint you, @Gumbold, but I noticed this at the age of 12. And I barely spoke or understood English then.

I always put a spin on that. M wants to communicate that he has his hands full with just 007 and his little shortcomings so he jokingly says 'MI7', meaning "it's all about 007, so we might as well call this thing the MI of 007, hence MI7."

Now I know it was probably just a simple slip-up from an actor who got MI6 and 007 mixed up at the tip of his tongue.
    Gumbold wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Not literally. But, yes, it is a problem.
    Bit of a dictatorship on this site really. Almost as if most users are elitist and arrogant.

As a long-time member and moderator of this forum, I really do resent that remark. Totally out of left field, quite uncalled for and above all, untrue.
    I'm not disapointed, I have never heard anyone mention the slip up, if thats what it is. Thats why I made the post. There's really no point in making any threads here though, all you get in response is "We already discussed this in 2005". Say I wanted to discuss this Mi7 line, I'd rather make a thread about it than look for an old and buried one and maaaybe get a couple of replies.

And what I said about the forum is just an opinion I have made after lurking here for a couple of years. It's like people here go out of their way to be percieved as intelligent and classy. Taking a movie franchise a couple of steps too seriously, and coming off as pseudo-intellectuals in the process. Just my opinion though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I know I didn't notice it on my first viewing, it was brought to my attention when I saw it in the "Goofs" section of IMDB.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    @Gumbold, firstly hello and welcome to the forum. With reference to the MI7 thing (there really was an MI7 during the war BTW) I always thought that M says MI6 but it is dubbed over as 'seven' for reasons I cannot explain. Take a look at the following clip from 1.03 onwards and see what you think - does it look like he is saying six or seven?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hid mouth says "six". He was dubbed over.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    jake24 wrote: »
    It's obvious when you watch for it so isn't a mistake by Bernard Lee. I wonder if anyone knows why though?

• edited December 2016 Posts: 6,844
    Nice catch, @stag. Thanks for clearing Lee's name there! His lips certainly don't make the "vhh" movement to pronounce the word "seven"; instead you can see where he's making the "kss" sound at the end of "six." I suspect what others have been reading as some kind of a splice in the word "seven" is actually Bernard Lee saying the word "seven" very quickly to fit between the other dialogue, or more likely them speeding up his dubbing of the word "seven" to fit the allotted space.
    stag wrote: »
    It's obvious when you watch for it so isn't a mistake by Bernard Lee. I wonder if anyone knows why though?
    It changes for me. If i'm trying to see if he says six, he says six. if im expecting seven, he says seven..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Maybe the first time out of the gate the filmmakers didn't want to make any mention of Bond's affiliation to an up and running spy agency like MI6 was-and as was written in the script for Lee to say-so in post they made the choice to change it to MI7 just one number up from MI6 to avoid this outcome.
    I do hear from time to time that there were conflicts of mentioning the British Intelligence's codename MI-6 in films at the time. Seems ridiculous but that's what someone told me sometime ago.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Probably didn't want people joining a real spy agency believing that to be the real spy's life. After all, Bond makes spying seem appealing, what with drinking whenever you choose, sleeping with whoever you choose and ignoring the rules more often than following them.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Mistake? It's the line. Filmmakers name for 00 section that didn't last beyond DN.

Now we have the 00 Program... thanks Mendes
    The phrases "007 Section" and "007 Program" are used interchangeably in SP. I don't see that as further reason to bash Mendes.

Yes they are and yes we do.

Sorry @jake24 that really wasn't meant as sarcastic as that sounded.

And I really didn't meant my original comment as a hardcore jab against Mendes...

Sorry
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's all good, @mcdonbb. You didn't offend me.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I feel offended, that I have not been offended :D
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I feel offended, that I have not been offended :D
    Lukewarmkitten
    ;)

Hope you are well mate
    Now that's more like it. :D
  • Now that's more like it. :D
    Not seen you on here for some time, hope all is good you come across as a decent chap.
    Sadly it's all an act, I'm a secretly embeded troll, just waiting to be activated. ;)
    as soon as I read the words " ... and England win on penalties "
  • Sadly it's all an act, I'm a secretly embeded troll, just waiting to be activated. ;)
    as soon as I read the words " ... and England win on penalties "
    Haha your activation code may be prolonged for decades

;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Six is almost seven, no big deal.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

It would have been a big deal for Prof. Dent if his S&W could have carried seven instead of six. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DarthDimi wrote: »

It would have been a big deal for Prof. Dent if his S&W could have carried seven instead of six. ;-)

Would have been a big deal for the whole Bond series. You are right.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Quarrel: "There's a dragon!"
    JW Pepper: "Wha' in theh mothew of hortheshit is thayt?"
    Quarrel: "It's no joke, Sherrif. I tell you!"
    JW Pepper: "Are yoouuu hiiiigh son?!"
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,721
    Yes - As long as they killed JW Pepper off in every film ala Kenny from South Park - but in the most brutal way possible - I could see him being torn to shreds by Drax's hounds in MR or being fed through a grinder like Dario in LTK or his head explode like krest's.
    JW Pepper in DAD? I can see it happen. Him instead of Jinx.

Zao: Who sent you?
    JW: Now you quit foolin' around, boooy! What is the matter with you diamond skin rice chewing albino prune pit heads anyway, huh? Mah gawd, ah'm sending George Double-Yuh Bush up your yellow ass, y'know what ah'm sayin', boy? Huh? Now untie me. You! With the pony tail. Untie me.
    Kill: I'll use the lasers.
    JW. Lasers? This ain't no Fourth Of July celebration, boy!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You guys are a riot. :))
    Well I sure as hell instigate enough riots.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I wish that Quarrel and JW Pepper were in every single Bond film. I'm not even joking.

JW Pepper?! Funny, yes, but has someone hacked @Birdleson's account?
This discussion has been closed.