Mistake in Dr. No that I think I'm the first to find.

GumboldGumbold Atlantis
edited December 2016 in Bond Movies Posts: 118
I was watching the 50th anniversary blu ray, and in the briefing scene between M and Bond, Bernard Lee slips up and says "M i Seven" instead of "M i Six". Could anyone confirm or deny this?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes. No need to start a new thread for such singular thoughts, try to find an existing one that you can add to. It's already difficult to keep track of ongoing conversations with all of the redundant detritus that's clogging up the site.
    This forum has mass threads for literally everything.
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    Not literally. But, yes, it is a problem.
    Bit of a dictatorship on this site really. Almost as if most users are elitist and arrogant.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It is far from a dictatorship on here. Nothing wrong with keeping the place tidy.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Mistake? It's the line. Filmmakers name for 00 section that didn't last beyond DN.

Now we have the 00 Program... thanks Mendes
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Mistake? It's the line. Filmmakers name for 00 section that didn't last beyond DN.

The phrases "007 Section" and "007 Program" are used interchangeably in SP. I don't see that as further reason to bash Mendes.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Well spotted, good for you Gumbold. :)
    I think I noticed that on first viewing.
    I actually predicted it, before the movie was released. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I actually predicted it, before the movie was released. :D
    Aren't you The Doctor? ;)
    In my Time, I've been known by many names ! ...... to mortals ! :D :)>-
    In my Time, I've been known by many names ! ...... to mortals ! :D :)>-
    Leopold!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MI7 was a wartime operation. Didn t Johnny English also work for MI7?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,423
    MI7 to this day still exists, but they're not as big of an organization as MI5 and MI6 are.

The Johnny English MI7 however is purely fictitious.
    MI7 to this day still exists, but they're not as big of an organization as MI5 and MI6 are.

MI7 does not exist today, sorry to disappoint you.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Yep around 1939-40 I think,merged with the Ministry of Info IIRC.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    They tried to edit in down by cutting part of the line out in the middle. It was a clear mistake and was meant to be MI6 that Lee said. If you listen really carefully you will hear the spliced bit taken out to make it sound less like "seven".
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Indeed dear @Dragonpol. It's quite an infamous gaffe if you ask me.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Indeed dear @Dragonpol. It's quite an infamous gaffe if you ask me.

Yes, sorry to say he's not the first to find it either.

tanaka123 wrote: »

Sorry about that. I stand corrected. I really must have missed the "defunct" part.
    No, in fact only MI5 and MI6 exist today out of those agencies.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    They tried to edit in down by cutting part of the line out in the middle. It was a clear mistake and was meant to be MI6 that Lee said. If you listen really carefully you will hear the spliced bit taken out to make it sound less like "seven".

Sorry but that's utter nonsense. On the original audio Lee does say "MI6". They overdubbed "MI7" later during post production for whatever reason they thought was prudent at the time. The original clip with original audio (and in B/W) is somewhere on one of the DVDs, although i'm not sure if it's on Dr No itself.
    WSD77 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Sorry but that's utter nonsense. On the original audio Lee does say "MI6". They overdubbed "MI7" later during post production for whatever reason they thought was prudent at the time. The original clip with original audio (and in B/W) is somewhere on one of the DVDs, although i'm not sure if it's on Dr No itself.

Well it's just that it's not the story I've heard. I can't fathom why they'd change it to a defunct agency.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I hate to disappoint you, @Gumbold, but I noticed this at the age of 12. And I barely spoke or understood English then.

I always put a spin on that. M wants to communicate that he has his hands full with just 007 and his little shortcomings so he jokingly says 'MI7', meaning "it's all about 007, so we might as well call this thing the MI of 007, hence MI7."

Now I know it was probably just a simple slip-up from an actor who got MI6 and 007 mixed up at the tip of his tongue.
    Gumbold wrote: »
    Not literally. But, yes, it is a problem.
    Bit of a dictatorship on this site really. Almost as if most users are elitist and arrogant.

As a long-time member and moderator of this forum, I really do resent that remark. Totally out of left field, quite uncalled for and above all, untrue.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    jake24 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

The phrases "007 Section" and "007 Program" are used interchangeably in SP. I don't see that as further reason to bash Mendes.

Yes they are and yes we do.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I just noticed that there are seven days in a week. Anyone else who noticed this before, and do you think it is a coincidence?
  • I just noticed that there are seven days in a week. Anyone else who noticed this before, and do you think it is a coincidence?

Eight days a week according to the Beatles, I trust their judgement

• Worse still half of the Milk and Honey album was Led by Yoko's vocals
    edited December 2016 Posts: 17,803
    Yoko Boko Haram.
  • 1984 if I remember agree her work was less than sterling that's for sure
This discussion has been closed.