New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    A warm welcome to all the newbies!

Thanks very much! Check out my labour of love on YouTube!
    Thanks!

Very cool video @Scottishguy72! Cool to see them all work together!
  • bondsum wrote: »
    Hello all, been a lurker of these forums for a week or so. Decided it was time to sign up and see what it's like here.
    Been a fan of the James Bond films for as long as I can remember, and as you'll notice from my username, the films of Cubby and Harry are the ones I enjoy the best. That's when the series was at its best. Some of the magic left the films after 1974.
    Look forward to getting to know you.
    Welcome, @Cubby_and_Harry. I happen to share the same love for their collaborations as yourself. I look forward to reading more of your views in the future.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Cubby and Harry started this whole film series. They must've got something right for it to continue this long. I think it also helped that they had the works of Ian Fleming to use compared to todays films which have little Fleming, and sadly it shows. 1962 - 1974 were the series Golden years for me.

• Birdleson wrote: »
    That's very nice of you. At least this appears to be a friendly place. I've found the Bond poll thread. Are there any other areas that you could recommend I look at?

Enter into any discussion involving SPECTRE, the Brosnan Era, @Gustav_Graves 's polling thread or @Creasy47 's perpetual virginity, and then see if you still feel the same way.

Well I have been into a polling thread, I think it was @Gustav_Graves
    I can't say I'm a fan really of either Sam Mendes efforts. Please re think. You're getting Bond all wrong.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Cubby_and_Harry, I'm not a fan of either of his films, either, so you're not alone.

I always view the site through All Discussions and sort of pick and choose the ones that seem popular at the time, or there will be a particular few threads I'll constantly frequent. If you want some fun, we have lots of elimination games, trivia threads, etc., or if you'd like to really showcase your fandom, there are spots for writing reviews for the films, listing your full ranking, etc.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
  • PhrancisPhrancis Louisville, KY, USA
    Hi, I'm not a huge James Bond fan but I am a pretty hardcore GoldenEye 007 fanatic. I'm happy to discuss this legendary James Bond game and all miscallenea associated with it.
    Always good to have new Bond fans arrive...welcome all !!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Welcome, @Phrancis.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Phrancis wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not a huge James Bond fan but I am a pretty hardcore GoldenEye 007 fanatic. I'm happy to discuss this legendary James Bond game and all miscallenea associated with it.

@Phrancis Welcome! It's always nice to have a GoldenEye N64 fan around.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Phrancis wrote: »

I guess we won t be talking, so welcome here!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A warm welcome to @Phrancis. :)
  • Hello all, I found this site through a link from another (I don't remember which). On again/off again 007 movie fan. Years ago read all of Fleming's Bond stories, but lost interest in the films and recently had it revised with the D. Craig series. This site looks like you all have a good deal of fun, so hopefully it'll be great fun as a member to post and follow.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Welcome aboard, @Legionnaire!
    edited November 2016 Posts: 45,489
    His name is Legionnaire.

Nice to meet you.
    Welcome on board, @Legionnaire. Hope you enjoy your time here!
  • Dalton_FishersDalton_Fishers Barcelona
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17
    Hi everybody,
    I'm a Tim Dalton fan and I run the Timothy Dalton Fishers facebook & twitter.
    I've been visiting your forum for a while and as I've just self-published a book about Dalton's career I thought you can be interested (I'll post about it in the TD thread).
    Cheers!

https://twitter.com/DaltonFishers
    https://facebook.com/timdaltonator/
    We need more Dalton fans here, so welcome.
    Welcome, @Dalton_Fishers!
    You sound like a true Bond fan..come on in !!
    Thanks!
    Welcome @Dalton_Fishers. Great to have another Dalton fan on our community.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Another Dalton fan? Our army is building, excellent *cue sinister laugh*

Weclome aboard, @Dalton_Fishers.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Welcome, @Dalton_Fishers! You know my name... ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    DALTON RULEZ™

@Dalton_Fishers

Always has been my favourite Bond, always will be.
    And since Penny Dreadful I have become quite an avid fan (again) of his other work too.

Dalton is simply stunning as an actor, even today at 70.

Needless to say in my perfect universe he would have been Bond for two more films in 1991 and 1993.
    :-h
  • JohnDrake here…new member, referred by Literary007 site top agent in place. I'm an artist that shows regularly on that site - my real name restricted for intel purposes - but if you go to www.Jamesbondart.com, you'll see my paintings…would love to get some feedback from members here.
  • I have to concur with the above Dalton fans…he's right at the top of my fav Bond. Glad to see that there are others of refined taste out there! :)
    Welcome, @JohnDrake!
  • Cheers, Jake24…my pleasure to become a part of this.
    Welcome, @JohnDrake, to our community. You've certainly come to the right place and your art and the Literary 007 site are both excellent. We're very glad to have you here!
    Great to have you join us.