The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• edited October 2016 Posts: 3,564
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    With Trump as president we all suffer.
    Maybe, but Clinton will be doing her best to provoke Russia, and now China by trying to control her shipping lanes

Add in blindly supporting Saudi and Israel in the Middle East

And you have an extremely dangerous cocktail that scares me more than Trump's boorish behaviour

Thank you. That People still dont See this clearly is beyond me. So incredibly ???
    Just because Trump is an idiot makes you Chose to ignore the Danger of Killary. Thank you America for trying to bring this war maker into Office. The world can deal with Trump idioties, but I am Not so sure about hers. Then WE are blessed with Merkel and Clinton. Holy shit. Two female nutcases trying to Eule the world.

@4ever - you choose to Not believe any of the conspiracy theories? Why not? You believe all the other crap.

@GL: When you talk about "Killary" you make it easy to disbelieve whatever else you have to say. Who has she killed yet? Vince Foster? The Americans in Benghazi? BZZT! No, sorry -- reality says you're wrong. Every life lost to American forces while she was Secretary of State? Nope, sorry, international law doesn't work that way. Or are you just looking into your crystal ball and guessing at what the future brings? You really ought not be accusing others around here of believing "all the other crap" when your own beliefs have such a tenuous hold on reality...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I now hope that Donald Trump wins. I don't trust the Clintons as far as I could throw them. America needs something different and Trump, a non-politician, fits that bill. Hillary Clinton is more of the same and she is already tainted by the actions of Bill Clinton. I don't believe in political dynasties and anyway, we already had that with the Bushes.
    Bernie was right long ago: he was tired of the emails and America is tired of the emails too -- all except the desperate Repubs who keep hoping in vain for a smoking gun with Hillary's fingerprints on it. The vast majority of American voters long ago decided they don't care about this non-story.
    Completely untrue. Either you are misinformed or you are purposefully lying. Relevant CNN poll: CuoDCrmahoaLUjDwdqGsxK5ldfdapumUFQRZrBdT8Hk.png?w=867&s=c312a6a26201923f789077e615dd7381
    Btw, not attacking Hillary over those e-mails was the single biggest mistake Sanders made during the primaries.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I now hope that Donald Trump wins. I don't trust the Clintons as far as I could throw them. America needs something different and Trump, a non-politician, fits that bill. Hillary Clinton is more of the same and she is already tainted by the actions of Bill Clinton. I don't believe in political dynasties and anyway, we already had that with the Bushes.

I fail to see how a non-politician acting in a political sphere is suddenly something people think will be a-okay.

The last time I checked, you don't hire an accountant to do your plumbing. If it's not done right, you'll be swimming in more shit than before.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And you sure as hell don't hire a toddler to run a steel mill. Trump will hurt the country more than help it. All he wants to do is help himself and burn everyone else who crosses him.
    From an international perspective I actually agree with @GL that Hillary is possibly a more worrying prospect than Loony Tune Trump.

Hillary is worrying on the foreign policy front. She could well seek to topple Assad in Syria, which would probably presage an even bigger sh*t storm in the Middle East and the destruction of what semblance of a secular, relatively tolerant way of live that still exists in the government controlled areas of the country.

Whoa there, Panchito. Who is the misinformed one here? You seemed to swallow the CNN poll whole. Bad move.

CNN polls have been exposed in the past as being terribly flawed and highly inaccurate. The most recent one showed their sample included more than 50% uneducated, white males(Trump's key base), while they represent 32-34% of the 'most likely' category. Guess they were too lazy to include some angry women or anyone with a college degree. You need to check underneath the hood and look at the details of who, what, when.. the poll was conducted. This one doesn't stand up on the credibility scale. But keep digging, I'm sure Faux News is making one up for you.
    The emails is the one issue that

I fail to see how a non-politician acting in a political sphere is suddenly something people think will be a-okay.

The last time I checked, you don't hire an accountant to do your plumbing. If it's not done right, you'll be swimming in more shit than before.

The politicians had their chances and they blew it time after time after time. It's the politicians who are the amateurs in my view.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 3,564
    Bernie was right long ago: he was tired of the emails and America is tired of the emails too -- all except the desperate Repubs who keep hoping in vain for a smoking gun with Hillary's fingerprints on it. The vast majority of American voters long ago decided they don't care about this non-story.
    Completely untrue. Either you are misinformed or you are purposefully lying. Relevant CNN poll: CuoDCrmahoaLUjDwdqGsxK5ldfdapumUFQRZrBdT8Hk.png?w=867&s=c312a6a26201923f789077e615dd7381
    Btw, not attacking Hillary over those e-mails was the single biggest mistake Sanders made during the primaries.

Gosh, thanks for the accusation Pancho. I am speaking my opinion, just as you are. My opinion can be supported by facts at some times or less so at others but I assure you I'm not lying. Polls can vary from time to time and I honestly expect that at the moment the one that really counts is taken, your orange overlord is going to lose in a landslide. The only question at this moment is whether or not he's going to take the entire Repub party down with him. I hope you enjoy the next four years, I'm sure I will.
    Getafix wrote: »
    From an international perspective I actually agree with @GL that Hillary is possibly a more worrying prospect than Loony Tune Trump.

Hillary is worrying on the foreign policy front. She could well seek to topple Assad in Syria, which would probably presage an even bigger sh*t storm in the Middle East and the destruction of what semblance of a secular, relatively tolerant way of live that still exists in the government controlled areas of the country.

You speak from a place that is totally rubbish, whatever choice Hillary makes there is simply no winning involved. That choice was taken from any president after the disastrous destabilization of the Middle East by one Bush Jr. The presidents after him inherited this mess created out of a stupidity that is bound to be repeated by the Big orange head, whose solution to anything is bombing. As if that makes the folks in the middle east look grateful upon the US.

Toppling Assad would not change a thing the country is already destroyed and Assad in essence is perhaps one bloodthirsty party less. perhaps more important one Russian puppet less.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The politicians had their chances and they blew it time after time after time. It's the politicians who are the amateurs in my view.

With all the factors that exist in this world that can affect the stability of a nation in its many shades, it's a generalization and an embarrassing one at that to simply place all blame at the feet of politicians. I know it's "hip" to hate them these days, but it's quite non-sensical on the whole.

It's no mistake that the biggest group of people calling for this so-called Trump "change" are the uneducated.
    SaintMark wrote: »

You speak from a place that is totally rubbish, whatever choice Hillary makes there is simply no winning involved. That choice was taken from any president after the disastrous destabilization of the Middle East by one Bush Jr. The presidents after him inherited this mess created out of a stupidity that is bound to be repeated by the Big orange head, whose solution to anything is bombing. As if that makes the folks in the middle east look grateful upon the US.

Toppling Assad would not change a thing the country is already destroyed and Assad in essence is perhaps one bloodthirsty party less. perhaps more important one Russian puppet less.

Err, I think you're wrong. People living in government controlled areas are generally more likely to be able to continue living relatively normal lives, compared to the areas directly effected by the civil war.

Getting rid of Assad will allow Sunni extremists to cleanse the country of Christians and other minorities.

The Russians are simply trying to end the conflict and try and ensure some stability is restored to a dangerously destabilised Region. How is that worse than standing by and largely doing nothing (as Obama has), or actively arming the extremists, as advocated by Hillary when she was secretary of state?

• In the space of about a minute: here's another poll claiming exactly the opposite of Panchito's poll: 2/3 of the American voting public doesn't care about the darned emails. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/poll-fbi-review-no-difference-hillary-clinton-230501 What does it all mean? Just as I said a minute ago: the only poll that really matters is coming in about a week.

With all the factors that exist in this world that can affect the stability of a nation in its many shades, it's a generalization and an embarrassing one at that to simply place all blame at the feet of politicians. I know it's "hip" to hate them these days, but it's quite non-sensical on the whole.

It's no mistake that the biggest group of people calling for this so-called Trump "change" are the uneducated.

Well, I'm educated and I'm calling for it, but then I don't have a vote so who will care?
    One of the big ironies about all this lunatic populism at the moment is that in many respects we've never had it so good.

Take Brexit. Britain was doing really rather well but for a variety of confused and confusing reasons (not least a fear of immigrants) the electorate decided to put all that at risk by voting leave.

Trump is likewise pedalling fear at a time when America has every reason to be optimistic. Yes the world is facing unprecedented change, but the opportunities all around are immense.
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

Well, I'm educated and I'm calling for it, but then I don't have a vote so who will care?

Evidently, lots of people. I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!! How many of the people weighing in here are ineligible to vote in this election???

(Actually, I don't mind. Keep on keeping on, everybody. As long as we can do this in good fun, without accusing one another of vile evil things just because we're supporting one party over the other, then it's all good. Just remember, we're all going to have to live with ourselves on November 9th...)
    SaintMark wrote: »

Err, I think you're wrong. People living in government controlled areas are generally more likely to be able to continue living relatively normal lives, compared to the areas directly effected by the civil war.

Getting rid of Assad will allow Sunni extremists to cleanse the country of Christians and other minorities.

The Russians are simply trying to end the conflict and try and ensure some stability is restored to a dangerously destabilised Region. How is that worse than standing by and largely doing nothing (as Obama has), or actively arming the extremists, as advocated by Hillary when she was secretary of state?

Once again People living in this war torn country are not living in safety because after the demise of ISIS which is imminent the rest of the country will be torn up by civil war. And it seems that by now we have the middle east in the hands of a religious war which has hurt Europe as well in the darker ages, perhaps it is time to walk away were it not for the fact that the oil thirst of the US made the place the bloody mess with the second attack on Iraq which created a imbalance in the somehow status quo which kept the middle east in a balance.

And do not be stupid the Russians want to be part of the OPEC as they have masses of energy sources and see how the middle east is bossing the US around in their way. Russia has a stake in a destabilized middle east that wants the US to bleed. It is simply called energy market and the power that it brings.

I didn't understand a word of that. Have you been drinking?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Let's all have a drink. Cheers! :>

Here's this ... and no, it's not directed at anyone in particular. It just made me laugh, and I thought we could use a smile here ... ;)
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    With Trump as president we all suffer.
    Maybe, but Clinton will be doing her best to provoke Russia, and now China by trying to control her shipping lanes

Add in blindly supporting Saudi and Israel in the Middle East

And you have an extremely dangerous cocktail that scares me more than Trump's boorish behaviour

Thank you. That People still dont See this clearly is beyond me. So incredibly ???
    Just because Trump is an idiot makes you Chose to ignore the Danger of Killary. Thank you America for trying to bring this war maker into Office. The world can deal with Trump idioties, but I am Not so sure about hers. Then WE are blessed with Merkel and Clinton. Holy shit. Two female nutcases trying to Eule the world.

@4ever - you choose to Not believe any of the conspiracy theories? Why not? You believe all the other crap.

@GL: When you talk about "Killary" you make it easy to disbelieve whatever else you have to say. Who has she killed yet? https://www.contra-magazin.com/2015/10/totale-propaganda-deutsche-medien-im-kriegsmodus-gegen-russland/ Foster? The Americans in Benghazi? BZZT! No, sorry -- reality says you're wrong. Every life lost to American forces while she was Secretary of State? Nope, sorry, international law doesn't work that way. Or are you just looking into your crystal ball and guessing at what the future brings? You really ought not be accusing others around here of believing "all the other crap" when your own beliefs have such a tenuous hold on reality...[/quote

Problem is, YOUR Reality is written by the Mainstream Media and is hence irrelevant, sorry to say. And for the Same reason, there is no arguing with each other.
    The lizard people are better than all of you. Why I spend any time out of the sewers these days is beyond me.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,425
    @GL, surely that's the "lamestream" media?

Anyway, it's a fairly dismal choice
  • Let's all have a drink. Cheers! :>

As I've just been watching Goldfinger, I'll have a glass of Dom Perignon '53, chilled to a temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything else would be...
    Luckily there's only a handful of days until this whole thing is over.

Then we can begin counting down the four years we'll have to endure until we have a chance to remove the clown we elected on November 8th. Until then, cheers.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    dalton wrote: »
    Luckily there's only a handful of days until this whole thing is over.

Then we can begin counting down the four years we'll have to endure until we have a chance to remove the clown we elected on November 8th. Until then, cheers.
    Yup.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It seems to have gotten tense in here over the past few days, unsurprisingly.

Hillary won't make it to the end of her fourth year if she's elected. The stench of corruption and potential malfeasance is particularly odious even before this election is over, and is likely to dog her first couple of years in office. It may be a good idea to read up on Kaine.

All the best to everyone on Nov 8th. It's been an active and fun thread on the whole. I hope everyone is on their best behaviour come the 9th, no matter what transpires, including (remember, he did write The Art of the Comeback)......
    rSTIZHr.jpg
  • And a Happy Halloween to you too, @bondjames. BOO!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for the entertainment. :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That picture gives me nightmares and bad visions.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    In the end, the GOP screwed the pooch with piss poor choices, and the DNC & the media screwed the same pooch by derailing (sabotaging) Bernie's campaign so we'd end up with Hillary. This mess comes from the best minds in both parties. 8-}
This discussion has been closed.