Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    bondjames wrote: »
    The Jamie Bell rumour is the one I had the impression could become a reality.
    It's just a feeling and I wouldn't be surprised if it became true.
    I sincerely hope that your feelings betray you in this instance. Nothing could more surely kill my lifelong adulation for this franchise than the casting of Bell. Craig was enough of a physical departure for me, and I hope they don't push the envelope further in this regard. Time to get back to a more conventional Bond imho.

Fully agree with you. it's time to go back to the more conventional look of Bond.

and still the big favorites Hidleston and Turner are departures of the conventional look compared to Pierce Brosnan.

The more I think about it the more it makes me think hey as shallow as it is Pierce did stand out in something as Bond he was the best looking at least in my opinion.
    I see him as an Irish version of Brad Pitt with just some hairy chest If he wouldn't have been considered before i would have thought Barbara saw Thelma and louise and said i want a man like JD for James Bond but on the other that doesn't seem to be her type.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Szonana wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that your feelings betray you in this instance. Nothing could more surely kill my lifelong adulation for this franchise than the casting of Bell. Craig was enough of a physical departure for me, and I hope they don't push the envelope further in this regard. Time to get back to a more conventional Bond imho.

Fully agree with you. it's time to go back to the more conventional look of Bond.

and still the big favorites Hidleston and Turner are departures of the conventional look compared to Pierce Brosnan.

The more I think about it the more it makes me think hey as shallow as it is Pierce did stand out in something as Bond he was the best looking at least in my opinion.
    I see him as an Irish version of Brad Pitt with just some hairy chest If he wouldn't have been considered before i would have thought Barbara saw Thelma and louise and said i want a man like JD for James Bond but on the other that doesn't seem to be her type.

I think Turner is quite conventional, but with a twist. He is the best of both. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You are both mental.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Szonana wrote: »

I think Turner is quite conventional, but with a twist. He is the best of both. :D

True, actually he does look a little like Sean Connery at times.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    No one. And I mean, no one, of all the candidates placed by the media full of schoolgirls looking schoolboys (from Hiddleston to the other guy), is eligible to play Bond. If one person should play Bond right now, it's none other than Daniel Craig. I'd rather have him back till he starts walking with a stick than see the likes of Jamie Bell taking on the role.
    You don t mean Fassbender, right?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No one. And I mean, no one, of all the candidates placed by the media full of schoolgirls looking schoolboys (from Hiddleston to the other guy), is eligible to play Bond. If one person should play Bond right now, it's none other than Daniel Craig. I'd rather have him back till he starts walking with a stick than see the likes of Jamie Bell taking on the role.
    Amen to that, good sir!

Dude's like 50.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin and if Craig quits, EON should hire either Brosnan or Dalton to come back as Bond for 2 or 3 films until a suitable candidate appears.
    @ClarkDevlin and if Craig quits, EON should hire either Brosnan or Dalton to come back as Bond for 2 or 3 films until a suitable candidate appears.
    I'll be pleased with either. Dalton I'd be happy with. Brosnan? I'll be on top of the world!

But, we know that's a discussion that takes place in a parallel universe, right? ;)
    Absolutely!!! I'll take a 60-70 something Dalton or Brosnan over ANY of the supposed Bond candidates any day.

Turner looks like Connery ?....what the hell is going on ????...bring back Brozza for 1 more ;)
    Donald Trump looks like Bill Clinton.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I think it's time you lay off the marijuana, @Thunderfinger.
    I quit a long time ago.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think it's time you lay off the marijuana, @Thunderfinger.

Or give some to me ,it is Saturday night .
    Just enjoy alcohol or radiation, they are legal.
    Buck futter!
    Just enjoy alcohol or radiation, they are legal.

Oh me and alcohol are dancing the dance tonight,TF.

I know. You always are, in the pale moonlight.
    What? Nobody got the Sean Connery joke? Owwwkay...

Exit. Stage Left!

exit-stage-left-snagglepuss-o.gif

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Turner looks like Connery ?....what the hell is going on ????...bring back Brozza for 1 more ;)
    It must be the hairy chest. They all have one. The Japanese girls will like it at least.
    hahaha true @bondjames true .

Exit. Stage Left!

Is that from Top Cat? I find that much, much, much more interesting than the discussions here.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,087
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It must be the hairy chest. They all have one. The Japanese girls will like it at least.

Your powers of observation serve you well, @bondjames.

Exit. Stage Left!

Is that from Top Cat? I find that much, much, much more interesting than the discussions here.
    Snagglepuss, @Thunderfinger.
    I thought I recocnized him. Would make a better Bond than most suggested here.
    I thought I recocnized him. Would make a better Bond than most suggested here.
    He already wears the bowtie.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,087
    I know it's not nice to think about, but wouldn't it be good if we could get to 7 Bond actors living at the same time?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Well, as far as I know, all the seven Bond actors are alive (the unknown would-be new face included).