Going away or coming back?

Comments

I would love to but i was born,raised,and still work in London and have to get out to my country home every night !!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BondJasonBond006, if you're ever enjoying the sights (or battling cannibals and any generic horror movie monsters) here in West Virginia, let me know and we'll have to meet up!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I was in Switzerland in 88. Don t think I saw you.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I was in Switzerland in 88. Don t think I saw you.

No visitors allowed in that prison I suppose. :D
    That s probably it.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Hello, I've been away for a little while and now I'm back ( I do these sabbaticals rather a lot!), I decided to have a break from all things Bond and sold my entire Bond collection. To be honest for the past 18 months I didn't miss 007 or his world ( a trip to the cinema to see the lackluster SPECTRE only reinforced this) but a trip to Corfu last month and it's island full of FYEO locations rekindled the magic of Bond for me. I still don't intend to return to my former near obsessive Bond fan self, nor do I miss my boxes of 007 memorabilia that once cluttered my loft, but the love of Bond still remains strong and I hope to contribute ( if somewhat sporadically) to this community and to get reacquainted with you more seasoned members and to meet the newer recruits to share this marvellous character that 'Bonds' us all.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @saunders, always happy to see you on the forums in some capacity. As @Birdleson mentioned, please feel free to dive back into the 'Guess the Character' game at some point in the near future, if you wish!
    Welcome back, you didnt sell everything, did you?
    Thanks @Creasy47 'Guess the character' is a lot more challenging than it used to be!
    I have sold 95% of my collection @Thunderfinger, just kept the DVDs, a few books, some original posters and autographs, might even have a few replica Walthers lying around, but to be honest it was a relief to get rid of the collection, in this day and age when everything is available online I began to feel more like a 007 shopper than a 007 collector.
    I see, that s good to know. You were a hoarder, and it was getting to the point where you might actually kidnap Bond celebrities to have them chained in your cellar.
    For me with collections @saunders a smaller but quality collection is better,i know how you feel,you end up bidding on anything 007 !!

Welcome back old pal,i only just came back myself recently,a lot of new,young blood on here but they are enthusiastic bunch...and a few of the originals still remain from the original site .
    Glad you're here @barryt007 and @Thunderfinger just to clarify, should the opportunity arise to chain Eva Green up in my cellar, well I'd hate to rule myself out completely! ;)
    I tried that but she gave me her 'disapproving look' which she can give..so i legged it !
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome back @saunders. You've certainly been missed. Looking forward to conversing with you on the community once again. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    saunders wrote: »
    Glad you're here @barryt007 and @Thunderfinger just to clarify, should the opportunity arise to chain Eva Green up in my cellar, well I'd hate to rule myself out completely! ;)

Bad bit of news there, @saunders. During your long sabbatical I traveled to France, met Eva, dated her for a summer, fell in love, got her parents' permission to propose, proposed to her at the top of the Eiffel Tower, planned the wedding, got married, went on honeymoon in the Caribbean, had passionate sex with her for a week straight, came back to France, had sex for another straight week, got her pregnant, took a nine month journey around the world with her, helped deliver the baby when her water broke, named the baby Vesper and now the two of us are raising the kid in London.

A lot has changed in my life, and I couldn't have a better woman beside me.
    Same here Brady. :)
    Damn and blast it @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I knew this would happen if I went away, I guess Carole Bouquet and Denise Richards have been similarly poached by you lot!...er has anyone claimed Rosika Miklos yet?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Good to see you around @saunders. Always nice to see a valued member return. Now all we need are the likes of @Kerim and @QBranch to venture back as well. One step at a time though.
    Thank you for your kind words @Benny and @Dragonpol, it's a pleasant surprise to even be remembered.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BondJasonBond006, I know you're a big SP fan and may want to reenact some Bondian scenes while there, but whatever you do don't hang around Westminster bridge taking potshots at passing helicopters, and even more importantly, don't try to break into the SIS Building at Vauxhall Cross to look and see if Blofeld's left an easter egg hunt for you inside. YOU MAY BE SHOT.
    You may want to steal an Aston Martin, though.
    Careful with the buttons.
  • I haven't been away. But I am back. Does overworked count?
    Welcome back.