Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, funny you should mention headphones because I just bought some new ones tonight and they were broken. Very disappointed. =))

@Murdock, I just had to buy a new pair myself a few days back after my old ones died. They lasted at least three years, though, which is really something in a world where everything is made to break sooner rather than later. I exclusively use Skullcandy earbuds, as they last a super long time (that's what my last pair were) and they have the best sound quality of anything I've tried elsewhere in addition to that. Check them out and see if you like them.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/347092/Skullcandy-Spoke-2XL-Earbuds-Black/

You should be able to find them in any local shop around you, as they sell them even in the speck of a town I live in.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thanks for the tip. I'll look for them. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm kind of bored with Bond at the moment, as there really isn't much going on (not to mention the mere uncertainty surrounding the franchise's future). I'll fulfill my obligation to continue to update the Bond 25 Production Diary, but to be honest I'm really not sure what else I can bring to the table here for the time being.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @jake24, that's why a break is always good. I took that month-long break, returned, and while I've managed to watch a good bit of Bond films lately, I'm still in that burnt out phase. Things will likely get better once the information starts pouring out and 'Bond 25' is firing up, which will coincidentally be the time I take my hiatus from these forums.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @jake24, your presence here is comforting enough, so please don't feel as if you don't have anything left to provide.

Don't worry about Bond's future either. SP might as well have had "James Bond Will Return" after it, because that he will, and sooner rather than later. We're not in a hiatus crises like the one post-1989. Don't listen to the pack who acts like the sky is falling, as I can still see the clouds way up high.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Once I leave, I won't return until after I've seen the film once or twice. I don't even want to come back upon release and let the early reviews sway my feelings or expectations until I've watched it myself.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's more about a general lack of interest, or as Creasy put it, "burned out." I wish I could say that I was actually leaving, but I think we all know of the laughable amount of time that I can actually keep away from this place. I plan on being less active, that's all.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Can I interject something? :) I understand the "interbondum'" hiatus theory, but aren't we more than a Bond forum here? @Birdleson, you're one of the most valid contributors to the "last movie" thread. I'd hate to miss you over there.

The real challenge between Bond films is not to quit, but to keep conversations alive and have a good time doing so. (I'm sure the last part of this sentence will be used to counter my point. :) )

Surely us Bond fans have way more to talk about than simply the upcoming Bond project? :) We survived some really big hiatuses in the last few years, and with some ease I might say. That's because of many skilled and talented reviewers, writers, film experts, ..., willing to converse. About Bond. And other stuff.
    The sole reason I'll be leaving is because people can't utilize spoiler tags properly, assuming that any spoiler they know, everyone else must obviously know, too. The most excited and anticipated I get for film is when a new Bond installment comes around, and I don't feel like having it spoiled for a third time in a row. I want to go into this one as blindly as I did when I first experienced the older films as a kid on VHS - no internet, no spoilers, no expectations, nothing.
    Yes sorry it wasn't my intention to criticise people getting a break.
    I had breaks too. Sometimes it's needed.

It's just thinking I couldn't talk to some of you guys anymore for a long time makes me sad.

There's always Facebook, don't forget!
    @Birdleson,
    I appreciate and respect that. Thank you, sir. :)
    As much as I lament the takeover of technology, the dulling of modern minds, the unrelenting conquest and siege that cell phones and social networking accounts have mounted on minds of all ages to sap them of literacy, common sense, compassion and normal human communication...

You guys are amazing.

In all seriousness, I'm a nihilist/pessimist lovechild and find it hard to enjoy much of what this so-called "advanced" technological age faces us with, but for the thousands of bad things the internet does, there's at least this little corner of the web that redeems it all where some of my favorite people join to talk Bond and beyond. This place has probably saved my life many times over, getting me through everything from college to some of the worst moments of my life in the past few years, and without it and the friends I've made I'd have missed out on making some of the most fruitful and enriching connections I've ever been able to make with other human beings. I count many of you as far more than just "friends," and for that I will always been thankful to the character of James Bond who brought me here in the first place.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thank you, @Brady. I of course feel the same way about our wonderful community here. :)
    Radiate the forum love, guys! :D I welcome it.
    As much as I lament the takeover of technology, the dulling of modern minds, the unrelenting conquest and siege that cell phones and social networking accounts have mounted on minds of all ages to sap them of literacy, common sense, compassion and normal human communication...

You guys are amazing.

In all seriousness, I'm a nihilist/pessimist lovechild and find it hard to enjoy much of what this so-called "advanced" technological age faces us with, but for the thousands of bad things the internet does, there's at least this little corner of the web that redeems it all where some of my favorite people join to talk Bond and beyond. This place has probably saved my life many times over, getting me through everything from college to some of the worst moments of my life in the past few years, and without it and the friends I've made I'd have missed out on making some of the most fruitful and enriching connections I've ever been able to make with other human beings. I count many of you as far more than just "friends," and for that I will always been thankful to the character of James Bond who brought me here in the first place.
    I couldn't agree more. Exceptionally put.
    Whats going on peeps ? what have i missed ?
    Aaah that old chestnut.....bruv luv.....got it !
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Whats going on peeps ? what have i missed ?

They must be pissed out of their gourds Bazz, the amount of back slapping and love that's erupted round here.

hahaha @BondJasonBond006 ,what a lovely thing to say...and the thought of Kara 'brain dead' Milovy tumbling to a splatter on the pavement is indeed a warm and cosy feeling..

@royal65 Indeed....it does resemble the start of a Bond nerd harem in here hahaha ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think you all should take a looong break. I will take good care of the place in the meantime.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Yeah, me and Thundy will be like Janitors, keeping an eye on this place. Now, run along.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We need to borrow the mod toolbox, of course.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's why I'm here.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I never left so I keep my eye on Thundy !.