"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I will send anyone £1000 if they can answer this question:

What the f**k does Lallana do?
  • Was thinking the same get Sturridge on, Kane offers nothing when not firing.
    I will send anyone £1000 if they can answer this question:

What the f**k does Lallana do?

Rub cream on his arse ?

• Has a fondness for the letter L n A?
  • Gooooooaaaaal Lallana :))
    Told you he was quality.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Sod's law isnt it hahahaha ?????? thats me and the Wizard told then....
  • Most positive thing to take from that game is Big Sam cares, that will take him so far.
    Well...we did it....and our 2 biggest competitors ,apart from the auld enemy drew,so a good night...
    That was just a shit as under Roy except with the key difference we won.

And at least Sam looks made up at the 3 points instead of Roy looking like he's just been told of the death of a close relative.

Glorious new era. Based on that I reckon we can go an win the f**ker.
    My thoughts entirely,but at least Sam has enthuisam and shows emotion compared to our past cardboard cut-out managers.
    Scrape a win again England! Nothing new here to see.
    Nope....
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 7,653
    What are you complaining we have got a coach that is a credit to his name Blind. He'll probably get the sack if we lose to Sweden and good riddance I say.

We have the players but lack the skill of decent head coach of which Louis van Gaal was sadly our last decent coach who got us to the semi-finals at the last WC with a fairly average team.

P.S. and we got beaten by Iceland first and twice with the brilliant coach Hiddink, the d&%khead as he is commonly known since then.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    What are you complaining we have got a coach that is a credit to his name Blind. He'll probably get the sack if we lose to Sweden and good riddance I say.

We have the players but lack the skill of decent head coach of which Louis van Gaal was sadly our last decent coach who got us to the semi-finals at the last WC with a fairly average team.

P.S. and we got beaten by Iceland first and twice with the brilliant coach Hiddink, the d&%khead as he is commonly known since then.

Yeah I'm really all broken up about the hardships a team that got to the SF and final in the last two world cups is going through. Try not winning a knockout game since 06 and then come to an England fan looking for sympathy!
  • Getting no joy as a Leeds fan and can't even find any comfort in supporting Holland after their current form too. :((
  • Mikah21 wrote: »
    Getting no joy as a Leeds fan and can't even find any comfort in supporting Holland after their current form too. :((

Not been following Leeds though a good friend is secretary of the supporters club, I guess you lost again I can never keep up with who is managing your team. :P :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    There was a moment, albeit brief, prior to the Euros when England started to play fast, free flowing football, and scored goals as well. It all looked very exciting and suddenly there was hope.

Then Rooney recovered from his injury and was back in the team.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I am a Manchester United fan and think Rooney is now a issue with England, yesterday his free roaming did not help Kane at all. The fact Big Sam openly admitted that Rooney told Big Sam where he will play is a problem.
    I am a Manchester United fan and think Rooney is now a issue with England, yesterday his free roaming did not help Kane at all. The fact Big Sam openly admitted that Rooney told Big Sam where he will play is a problem.

I don't think it will be that big an issue as I can't see him getting even a sniff of a game at Utd in two years.

If he's had to go to MLS or a Stoke or West Brom to get game time suddenly he won't be so indispensable for England.

You read it here first - no way will he go to Russia as younger players (Alli, Barkley, Rashford) will have cemented their places by then. If they haven't and we're still reliant on Rooney then it's irrelevant as we probably won't have qualified.

I think his career has entered the Beckham end game now where it's all about pushing up the number of caps for the sake of history than it is about offering a meaningful contribution.

Although to be fair I thought he did a reasonable job yesterday as a deep midfielder.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Monkey Dust - Yuppies talk football:

:D
    Dragonpol wrote: »

A fellow Monkey Dust connoisseur. Impressive Draggers - well it would be if I didn't know about your foul Elvis and NSF proclivities!

I must say I do enjoy the single dad who gets visitation to see his kid and then tops himself in despair at the end of each sketch.

A fellow Monkey Dust connoisseur. Impressive Draggers - well it would be if I didn't know about your foul Elvis and NSF proclivities!

I must say I do enjoy the single dad who gets visitation to see his kid and then tops himself in despair at the end of each sketch.

Yes, I was a fan back in the day.

At least I get comedy right, as we both like Stewart Lee too.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117

True but I'm not sure you can be entirely trusted....

You might suddenly declare a love for Mrs Brown's Boys and that really would be the final straw.

You might suddenly declare a love for Mrs Brown's Boys and that really would be the final straw.

You chance. That show is an embarrassment to the island of Ireland! I make a point of not watching it.

You chance. That show is an embarrassment to the island of Ireland! I make a point of not watching it.

I'm very glad to hear it. Probably the Emerald Isle's most annoying export since Bono.

I'm very glad to hear it. Probably the Emerald Isle's most annoying export since Bono.

Agreed. He's another pompous and self-important prick.

I take it you're alluding to my good self there? I certainly hope so.

I take it you're alluding to my good self there? I certainly hope so.

Well no, Bono. ;)
  • promo297420144

Under a hour to go can't wait for this one...