"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Leicester look poor without Kante though Looserpool played well today to be fair, though I hope there Jekyll and Hide mentality continues.
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    @RC7 I understand it has been a frustrating day for you, but if the fact that I point out that Mou has nothing to complain about (as usual) offends you so much that you have to resort to juvenile insults (as usual), its your problem only <:-P

I had a lovely day actually, went to a great beer festival and cooked a Thai curry. The only minor blotch was checking in and seeing you'd commented on the football thread - it's like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.
    RC7 wrote: »
    @RC7 I understand it has been a frustrating day for you, but if the fact that I point out that Mou has nothing to complain about (as usual) offends you so much that you have to resort to juvenile insults (as usual), its your problem only <:-P

I had a lovely day actually, went to a great beer festival and cooked a Thai curry. The only minor blotch was checking in and seeing you'd commented on the football thread - it's like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.

You cooked a thai curry? That's funny, so did I! I certainly did not expect such level of sophistication from you... Maybe you are even willing to admit Mou's behaviour is pathetic then?
  • RC7RC7

You cooked a thai curry? That's funny, so did I! I certainly did not expect such level of sophistication from you... Maybe you are even willing to admit Mou's behaviour is pathetic then?

Green? I went Massaman.

He's Mourinho, that's what he does. The handball was a clear penalty for me.
    I take that as an admission :)
  • RC7RC7

The Bravo tackle is a dangerous play anywhere else on the park and the handball was a penalty. Pretty simple really.

The Bravo tackle is a dangerous play anywhere else on the park and the handball was a penalty. Pretty simple really.

I know it's only his first game, but I thought Bravo looked terrible.
  • Pep Guardiola insisted Claudio Bravo produced one of the best goalkeeping displays he's ever seen on debut in the Manchester derby. :))
    IMO (not that anyone gives a shit haha) Bravo was awful and took out Rooney with both feet off the ground:penalty.
    The handball ,or 'elbow' ball wasnt a penalty,you have to move your arms to move .
    Pep saying what he did about Bravo (who was crap) was deluded.
    Mourinho gave an honest interview and admitted he got things wrong,fair play to him,and credit to him for being open,one of the things i admire about him .

Leicester are looking pretty bad at the moment ,i would say a top 10 finish at best.
    It would be nice to see Swansea beat Chelsea today,but i cant see it...
    OTBC!!! Well done lads but please don't switch off before the full time whistle please!!!! :-t
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Signing Bravo might just have cost City the title.

Absolutely appalling display. Had the scum not defended like 'mannequins' (Gary Nev's words not mine) for the goals they would've won it.

The penalty against Rooney is clear as day - both feet off the ground by Bravo is loss of control endangering an opponent even if you get the ball.

After looking shaky against West Ham when they were home and dry, once again City looked flaky here from 2-0 up. They're not the shoe ins for the title everyone seems to think, although De Bruyne is different gravy and will win player of the season (you read it here first folks).

With Chelsea collapsing as we speak City certainly the favourites but need to show a bit more steel for me.
    Chelsea dropping 2 points against Swansea is a good result,it means us Gooners are only 2 points off 2nd place....this is going to be ,as usual,one hell of a good season for the best league in the world...
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 7,506
    Signing Bravo might just have cost City the title.

That's bollocks! He has been one of the best goal keepers in the world the last coouple of seasons. I remember people were screaming for De Gea's head on a plate back in the day. Look how that turned out...

It is neither Bravo's nor Pep's problem that nobody on this forum ever bothers to watch a game of football played outside England.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Obviously I'm assuming Pep knows what he's doing and the guy will come good but how long did it take De Gea? A good three months.

If Bravo plays like that till Xmas it matters not if they don't concede a goal from New Year's Day until the end of the season as they will be way off the pace.

That was one of the worst goalkeeping displays I've seen for a long time and as someone who has to watch Minger's clueless flapping every week I know what I'm talking about.

• RC7RC7
    Obviously I'm assuming Pep knows what he's doing and the guy will come good but how long did it take De Gea? A good three months.

If Bravo plays like that till Xmas it matters not if they don't concede a goal from New Year's Day until the end of the season as they will be way off the pace.

That was one of the worst goalkeeping displays I've seen for a long time and as someone who has to watch Minger's clueless flapping every week I know what I'm talking about.

Agreed. From the look on his face as he walked off at half time, you could be forgiven for thinking he was just some random bloke who'd quantum leaped into the body of a premier league goalkeeper.
    He was overwhelmed...you could tell that ManUtd eventually worked out that he ,when he received the backpass,would move to his left,dwell on the ball for ages,and play a square ball to the surprised left back...almost as if he tried to prove his ball skills to Pep but didnt realise that in the Premiership, player will be onto you in a flash...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    He was overwhelmed...you could tell that ManUtd eventually worked out that he ,when he received the backpass,would move to his left,dwell on the ball for ages,and play a square ball to the surprised left back...almost as if he tried to prove his ball skills to Pep but didnt realise that in the Premiership, player will be onto you in a flash...

Barcelona has been preassured frantically on the ball for two whole seasons with Bravo in goal. He is well used to that, and don't tell me that a team not even qualified for Champions League this year is more capable at pressing than lets say Atletico or Real Madrid.

It is never easy for any player to debut after only spending one training session with the team no more than 48 hours before the match. As soon as he gets used to his new team mates, their movement and organisation on set pieces, Bravo will be rock solid. The some what shaky will be soon forgotten.
    OK,i will accept that...lets see...
  • RC7RC7

Barcelona has been preassured frantically on the ball for two whole seasons with Bravo in goal. He is well used to that, and don't tell me that a team not even qualified for Champions League this year is more capable at pressing than lets say Atletico or Real Madrid.

It is never easy for any player to debut after only spending one training session with the team no more than 48 hours before the match. As soon as he gets used to his new team mates, their movement and organisation on set pieces, Bravo will be rock solid. The some what shaky will be soon forgotten.

Bailly, Shaw, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Ibra weren't playing last year, so the CL dig doesn't really fly. The guy might be amazing, but he was flapping like Jaws in the MR PTS yesterday. I'm sure he'll come good, but people are judging it as they see it. Handing a team a goal and getting away with a blatant penalty is far from classy.

Bailly, Shaw, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Ibra weren't playing last year, so the CL dig doesn't really fly. The guy might be amazing, but he was flapping like Jaws in the MR PTS yesterday. I'm sure he'll come good, but people are judging it as they see it. Handing a team a goal and getting away with a blatant penalty is far from classy.

There is 'judging a performance as you see it' and then there is claiming that a player can't cope with the Premier League and 'will lose City the title'. The latter speaks of both arroganse and plain ignorance.
    Those who have watched a couple of games with Barcelona the last two seasons and the World Cup and Copa America with Chile, are fully avare of Bravo's abilities. I know that is a completely unthinkable activity for an Englishman of course! But elsewhere, would you believe, it is not considered so unnatural for a football fan to follow top games and players around the globe.

You heard it here, from the one who 'doesn't even like football'...
    Looking at the teams on 'Monday Night Football',Everton are building a heck of a good team....this will be a tough,hard fought match tonight...10 mins to go !
    Clinical Everton...they are looking good...Sunderland are falling apart again....
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Clinical Everton...they are looking good...Sunderland are falling apart again....

Everton I tipped as my surprise package at the star of the season, decent Hatrick by Lukaku the third a good team goal. Sunderland just don't have a good squad they will struggle all season, Big Sam performed a miracle to keep them up last season.

Yep..on that performance,there is only one direction Sunderland are going in...and it aint up !
    Come on boys! Let's get another 3 points tonight and keep the pressure on! OTBC!!!
    Why the hell,on a CL night against PSV,does bloody Wenger play Ospina in goal and stick Cech on the bench ?????!!!!!!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Celtic currently getting one hell of a pasting. 7-0 with a couple to go. Ouch!
    Celtic currently getting one hell of a pasting. 7-0 with a couple to go. Ouch!

Outstanding display of character.