"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    vzok wrote: »
    We'll see how Man Utd do against the top teams.

Irrelevant. Fergie's last title was won because we beat the bottom 12 teams both home and away. There's no point taking it to City, or Chelsea, or the Gooners if you can't beat perennial relegation fodder like Burnley or Sunderland.

Well there are a lot more top teams now than back then.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I just heard on 'Goals on Sunday' Wizard,that Tony Pulis is under pressure from the fans already...ridiculous...he openly said in an interview yesterday,that he is still llooking to bring in 3-4 more players,on the verge of signing them....careful what you wish for West Brom fans - and remember,you reap what you sow....

There was a discussion the other day on Talksport that amused me entitled 'What is the point of West Brom'?

Irrelevant. Fergie's last title was won because we beat the bottom 12 teams both home and away. There's no point taking it to City, or Chelsea, or the Gooners if you can't beat perennial relegation fodder like Burnley or Sunderland.

Quite. Plenty of teams have had good points ratios against the big 4 over the years (I think one year with Rafa we got something like 14 points out 18 v Chelsea, Arse and the scum). Thats not where its won and lost. Its won by not dropping stupid points at places like, just picking one at random off the top of my head Jurgen, f**king Burnley.

Hmm. Back then being the days we used to have 3 teams in the CL semis? I think theres a case for saying there are no top teams in this league to be perfectly honest with you. Real, Barca and Bayern are head and shoulders above anyone in the Premier League.
    The beauty of the Premiership is anyone can beat anyone on their day....last season showed that ,and thats why we love it....
    This West Brom v Boro game is going exactly to plan...shit n boring..
    This West Brom v Boro game is going exactly to plan...shit n boring..

Your sacrifice is noted old son. Lets hear it for @barryt007 - watching shit matches so you dont have to.

Keep us updated if theres a shot on target at some point.
    I cant Wizard,im done......im going over to SKY F1 and i will flick back and forth....the defences in that match are so on top its unreal..if anyone needs a lesson in defending then record that match,and bring a pillow...
    I just heard on 'Goals on Sunday' Wizard,that Tony Pulis is under pressure from the fans already...ridiculous...he openly said in an interview yesterday,that he is still llooking to bring in 3-4 more players,on the verge of signing them....careful what you wish for West Brom fans - and remember,you reap what you sow....

There was a discussion the other day on Talksport that amused me entitled 'What is the point of West Brom'?

Quite. Plenty of teams have had good points ratios against the big 4 over the years (I think one year with Rafa we got something like 14 points out 18 v Chelsea, Arse and the scum). Thats not where its won and lost. Its won by not dropping stupid points at places like, just picking one at random off the top of my head Jurgen, f**king Burnley.

Hmm. Back then being the days we used to have 3 teams in the CL semis? I think theres a case for saying there are no top teams in this league to be perfectly honest with you. Real, Barca and Bayern are head and shoulders above anyone in the Premier League.

When I said there are more top teams. I meant there are more capable of being top 4. The league is more level and open.

Liverpool are clearly still inconsistent.
    I am actually losing the will to live here with this match..i thought last weeks West Ham v Bournemouth was bad,but this is frickin DIRE !!!!!!!
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    11mins left......i lost 2 hours of my life last night with TLD and now another 1.5 hours with this crock of shit....
    If it wasnt a GB Bank Holiday tomorrow and i didnt have a lovely expensive gammon joint to go in the oven in a bit i would actually be in tears begging for relief and asking what i have done wrong to get this ?...i think the suicide rate will be quite high after this match.
  • RC7RC7
    If it wasnt a GB Bank Holiday tomorrow and i didnt have a lovely expensive gammon joint to go in the oven in a bit i would actually be in tears begging for relief and asking what i have done wrong to get this ?...i think the suicide rate will be quite high after this match.

The Dignitas offer is still on the table.
    Yes, and i thought you might be first in line to offer it...the match has finished.
    Hull City 0 - 1 Man United. Rashford scored in 93rd minute =D>

A very Steve Bruce-esque match.

Both with the stoppage time winner and the way Mike Phelan did the decent thing and rolled over.

Youd have thought Phelan's team had scored a last minute winner to look at his demeanour post match.

Bruce has managed a pitiful 4 points out of 63 as a manager v the scum and Phelan looks more than happy to continue that trend.

Don't worry about who's paying your wages boys we all know where your loyalty lies.
    Phelans response was amusing upset is not a word that comes to mind, if Manchester United win the league this season it will be through attrition.

West Brom 0 - 0 Middlesborough Drab is a understaement I-)

Man City 2 up against West Ham City are looking decent :-S
    Already looking bleak for London Utd.

Seeing as we ain't finishing above City in a million years I might as well cheer them on to score 6 or 7 here as it might deny scum the title and seeing this self appointed 'Big Club' getting turned over by some Romainian peasants and then raped by City in the space of 4 days is most chucklesome.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Liverpool...meh...

"Tough" offsides call....meh...
    :)
    I don't know why Sturridge isn't starting.........He's a proven match winner
    Disappointed with the 3-0 loss yesterday but you gotta lose at some point! It's gonna be a long hard season in the Championship.
    Hmmm..looks like Aguero is facing a 3 match ban....i have to make a decision when that happens re my SKY Fantsay football team and my Premiership fantasy team...
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Pissed myself laughing earlier when i saw that Chelsea are bidding £32m to re-sign David Luiz....talk about a panic buy,and his positioning is shite !!
    Pissed myself laughing earlier when i saw that Chelsea are bidding £32m to re-sign David Luiz....talk about a panic buy,and his positioning is shite !!

WTF? Ok football has literally gone mental now.
    Yep...and its a serious bid as well...pop on to Sky Sports News and have a laugh ,Wizard !
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

This has got to be the most stupid buy I can think of. I cheered when we got rid of that useless sideshow Bob haired, yellow card magnet idiot.
    Now they want to buy him back. Please don't let it happen.
    Benny wrote: »

This has got to be the most stupid buy I can think of. I cheered when we got rid of that useless sideshow Bob haired, yellow card magnet idiot.

No...DO let it happen....as a Gooner this is brilliant news...we get Mustafi,and Chelski get Luiz...he he

No...DO let it happen....as a Gooner this is brilliant news...we get Mustafi,and Chelski get Luiz...he he

Hmm not sure if I were an Arse fan I'd have the chutzpah to go ripping the piss out of other team's transfer policies.

Deadline Day has hasn't finished yet.

Hmm not sure if I were an Arse fan I'd have the chutzpah to go ripping the piss out of other team's transfer policies.

Deadline Day has hasn't finished yet.

Is any top side in England in a position to do that?? ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    From the corner of The Community that supports the Champions, looking at a double swoop of Slimani and Silva from Sporting Lisbon. If that goes through West Brom are expected to come in for Ulloa.
    Shame to see Leo Ulloa go (if he does). Popular player but if we really, truly want to mix it with the big boys on an ongoing basis then these are the tough decisions that need to be made.
    Well David Luiz is having his medical so he is definately back with Chelski...weird signing....
    Looks like us Gooners are done until January....well,lets see...giving Jackster playing time at Bournemouth is a good move for next season ,and doing Bournemouth as well..but i think we are done ....
    We've managed to get Mario out the door on a free to Nice. Done well to push them up so high!

Also dismal Markovic gone (only on loan alas).

36m well spent by Brendan there. Our scouting and transfer policy really is a joke.