"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

@barryt007 :-& ew, Arsenal! Ha, only kidding.
    hahaha cheeky young madam ;)
    @barryt007 Bwahaha, Arsenal aren't too bad actually. Could be a lot worse!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mikah21 wrote: »
    @barryt007 Bwahaha, Arsenal aren't too bad actually. Could be a lot worse!

Yeah, you could support West Ham like me....

:-S
    @barryt007 Happy with your beloved Arsenal's Champions League draw?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Me,i'm a proud Gooner,gal !!! :-bd

Something of an oxymoron surely?

Arsenal just a posh West Brom - no danger of winning anything but also no danger of being relegated. Arsenal finish 4th every season, Baggies finish 12th. That's the only difference.
    Me,i'm a proud Gooner,gal !!! :-bd

Something of an oxymoron surely?

Arsenal just a posh West Brom - no danger of winning anything but also no danger of being relegated. Arsenal finish 4th every season, Baggies finish 12th. That's the only difference.

That,unfortunately,is very true,just more entertaining,in 'pull your hair out' kind of way atm...Once Wenger buggers off things will change !!

@barryt007 Happy with your beloved Arsenal's Champions League draw?

Actually i am Mikah !!...if we can get a few players in (last minute as ever with Wenger) then its looking ok !

@barryt007 Glad to hear it! I definitely don't get to see a Leeds United Champions League draw and doubt I will anytime soon. :D
    hahaha er..nope,you might have wait a bit longer......or a heck of a lot longer.....or a bleedin' life time longer hahaha...oooh im a sarcy sod ;)
    @barryt007 Bwahaha, cheeky old git. :P
    hahahaha love it !!!....ur a feisty one ..brilliant !
    @barryt007 You could definitely say that. :D
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    @barryt007 Glad to hear it! I definitely don't get to see a Leeds United Champions League draw and doubt I will anytime soon. :D

I remember the team that reached the champions league semi's against I think valencia? Decent team then at Elland road!

@DCisared Yeah, I was only about 6 when that happened, so I only have pretty vague memories of it. We're a bit of a mess nowadays really!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The owner doesn't help matters at Leeds.

Hello @Mikah21 by the way, welcome.
    @DCisared Yeah, I was only about 6 when that happened, so I only have pretty vague memories of it. We're a bit of a mess nowadays really!

Ikr! Sorry state of affairs that is becoming all too common place in football with small clubs and big clubs like Leeds suffering at the hands of idiot owners. Infuriating as it's the speccys who suffer most. It's enough to make the most die hard supporters disillusioned. The current situation at Blackburn being just another sorry chapter in modern day football. (N)
    Hello and thankyou @Shark_0f_Largo ! @DCisared It is really frustrating, it's ridiculous how owners can come in who have no clue what they're doing and just completely ruin a club. It looks like it'll be ages before we have a chance to get back in the Premier League again.
    Hello and thankyou @Shark_0f_Largo ! @DCisared It is really frustrating, it's ridiculous how owners can come in who have no clue what they're doing and just completely ruin a club. It looks like it'll be ages before we have a chance to get back in the Premier League again.

Grim some times being a football supporter isn't it haha
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 7,500
    Young, good looking woman who loves football and James Bond? You will be a popular member here, @Mikah21, I tell you that! ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    =)) =)) =))

Cracking night at the London Stadium!

East London Clarets knocked out by some Romanian club with less turnover than the P&W fan club.

Priceless stuff.
    @DCisared Definitely, but it's also very interesting too. Especially following a club like Leeds, you never know what's going to happen! @jobo Bwahaha, thankyou very much!! :))
    =)) =)) =))

East London Clarets knocked out by some Romanian club with less turnover than the P&W fan club.

Priceless stuff.

That's hysterical! :D
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    =)) =)) =))

Priceless stuff.

That's hysterical! :D

Ha ha
    I just got a message on my phone that the Hammers have cocked it up again ,to the same side as last year,a bunch of Romanians,at the London Stadium ,and not qualified for the Europa ??!!! ..WTF is wrong with you West Ham ?! ..wow
    I just got a message on my phone that the Hammers have cocked it up again ,to the same side as last year,a bunch of Romanians,at the London Stadium ,and not qualified for the Europa ??!!! ..WTF is wrong with you West Ham ?! ..wow

What do you think of your new stadium?
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    vzok wrote: »

What do you think of your new stadium?

It's not Arsenal,it's not Highbury...feels like a neutral ground to me sometimes,vzok...we have lost a lot of our personality and identity..and i still HATE our club badge and want to go back to the original ,as Man City have done this season...

I just hope,as a Londoner,that West Ham dont lose their soul as we seem to have done...

Well we need to concentrate on the league so we can qualify for Europe like last season.....

:-S
    It must be so frustrating for you...all that work last season and for nothing...and the same team knocking you out again...i'm annoyed and im not even a Hammer !
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,985
    "It must be so frustrating for you...all that work last season and for nothing...and the same team knocking you out again...i'm annoyed and im not even a Hammer ! "

I know @barryt007

We are pony at the minute even taking into account the injury situation.

Thankfully I'm not a fanatical follower like some of my friends so I don't get overly worked up about them. Probably best on our current form!

Still, we've got Man City on Sunday, so I'm sure that'll be a breeze.....