"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Mmmmm I don't envy you that one,but,in typical Hammers fashion,you might go there and win !!.

We shall see,as it's live on Sky Sports this weekend !!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

You're joking? West Ham live again for the second Sunday in a row?

How on earth is that 'Super' Sky?
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    I know...it does seem that I have a West Ham season ticket at the moment....at least on Saturday lunchtime its Scum vs Liverpool...

Although I must admit the other Sunday match ,West Brom v Boro doesn't really fill me with excitement....
    Going to that.

It's a toss of a coin whether we'll be utter a dogshit or look world class.

But with Moreno and Minger you are starting from a point of being 2 down so I'll take a point all day long.
    Well as long as Fletcher and McCauley put on a show I will be happy,they are in my fantasy team !
    Wow this is odd : Thierry Henry is appointed assistant manager of Belgium,to work alongside Martinez....what a strange career choice !
    barryt007 wrote: »
    vzok wrote: »
    I just got a message on my phone that the Hammers have cocked it up again ,to the same side as last year,a bunch of Romanians,at the London Stadium ,and not qualified for the Europa ??!!! ..WTF is wrong with you West Ham ?! ..wow

What do you think of your new stadium?

It's not Arsenal,it's not Highbury...feels like a neutral ground to me sometimes,vzok...we have lost a lot of our personality and identity..and i still HATE our club badge and want to go back to the original ,as Man City have done this season...

I just hope,as a Londoner,that West Ham dont lose their soul as we seem to have done...

It's got that athletics ground feel. Makes you feel you are watching a Bundesliga game.
    Exactly.....the closeness and personality of Highbury was second to none...such a shame.
    Wow this is odd : Thierry Henry is appointed assistant manager of Belgium,to work alongside Martinez....what a strange career choice !
    That appointment is almost as odd as Martinez's appointment, just a hunch I suspect Belgium will ship goals.
    I think so too,its hardly defensive appointments that's for sure...
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mmmmm I don't envy you that one,but,in typical Hammers fashion,you might go there and win !!.

We shall see,as it's live on Sky Sports this weekend !!

Yeah @barryt007, we done them at their place last season. This season not so sure!

Could be an entertaining one though!
    It will defo be more entertaining than the serious bore-fest against Bournemouth last week.
    What a crap match that was,mainly Bournemouth's fault.

I think they are relegation fodder this season...
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Manchester United

Fenerbahce

Feyenoord

Zorya Luhansk

Europa League Group A, not the best for United though I do hope Jose tries to win the tournament.
    Manchester United

Fenerbahce

Feyenoord

Zorya Luhansk

Europa League Group A, not the best for United though I do hope Jose tries to win the tournament.

The worst decision Jose could make would be to try and win this rubbish.

If he plays the kids in the Europa then they have a very good chance of winning the league. If he plays a full strength team in the Europa their squad isn't deep enough and they won't win the league but will still finish top 4.

The only reason to take the Europa seriously is if you're not going to finish anywhere near the top 4. Someone like West Ham for example. Oh bugger.
    Jose is in for a tough decision for one week in October..he has Liverpool on Monday 17th,Europa League on Thursday 20th,and Chelsea on Sunday 23rd...if the Europa game is not a home game then that's a problem...
    Duplicate post.
    Rashford <:-P Hull dug in I have the up most respect for them considering there circumstances.
    Oooh i missed this..what was the score ?
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Hull City 0 - 1 Man United. Rashford scored in 93rd minute =D>
    shit..........
    shit..........

You mean same old shit.
    shit..........

You mean same old shit.
    Yep....always lucky bastards @vzok

Hull City 0 - 1 Man United. Rashford scored in 93rd minute =D>

A very Steve Bruce-esque match.

Both with the stoppage time winner and the way Mike Phelan did the decent thing and rolled over.

Youd have thought Phelan's team had scored a last minute winner to look at his demeanour post match.

Bruce has managed a pitiful 4 points out of 63 as a manager v the scum and Phelan looks more than happy to continue that trend.

Don't worry about who's paying your wages boys we all know where your loyalty lies.

We'll see how Man Utd do against the top teams.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Three games in and Chelsea are on top. Obviously happy to see.
    Could be a good year, with all the manager changes. Time will tell. Certainly be happy if The Blues stay where they are.
    Leeds lost...again. :((
    I'm still trying to build up some excitement for the West Brom v Boro game later,while i'm watchin g 'Goals on Sunday'.....i've picked my Sky Six-a-Side team,which was harder than i thought it would be ...(btw Chris Kamara is ,even, in real life,a legend and genuinely a nice,top,bloke..just thought i would let you all know !)
    I'm still trying to build up some excitement for the West Brom v Boro game later

You're not wrong there. What are Sky playing at? That's Boro and West Ham both on successive sundays. Who the f**k wants to watch that week in week out?

I'll probably watch the London Utd match later as with their injuries/ineptitude and the way City are purring I'm hoping they'll get an absolute Fritzling which will be funny.

But West Brom v Boro? Do me a favour. Even if you told me in advance it was definitely going to be a 4-4 thriller I think I'd probably leave it till MOTD later.
    I just heard on 'Goals on Sunday' Wizard,that Tony Pulis is under pressure from the fans already...ridiculous...he openly said in an interview yesterday,that he is still llooking to bring in 3-4 more players,on the verge of signing them....careful what you wish for West Brom fans - and remember,you reap what you sow....
  • RC7RC7
    We'll see how Man Utd do against the top teams.

Irrelevant. Fergie's last title was won because we beat the bottom 12 teams both home and away. There's no point taking it to City, or Chelsea, or the Gooners if you can't beat perennial relegation fodder like Burnley or Sunderland.