Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Are you kidding? He's short and blond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    jake24 wrote: »

You're right. No way a short, blonde guy could bring out the requisite toughness, charm, charisma...
    ... wait a second...

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ...and can't find suits that fit him.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sean Cossbender
    George Lazzbender
    Roger Mossbender
    Timothy Dassbender
    Pierce Brosbender
    Daniel Crassbender
    I'm sensing a pattern here and I concur.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just saw this, actually.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited August 2016 Posts: 7,988
    Well they don't tailor-make suits like they used to...

for Hiddleston, that's Taylor made...

Haha!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Sean Cossbender
    George Lazzbender
    Roger Mossbender
    Timothy Dassbender
    Pierce Brosbender
    Daniel Crassbender

Talk about going on a bender! :D

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

You can see yourself out
    ;)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2016 Posts: 5,131

5' 10'' is average height for a man in the UK. So not he's short. He's just average.
    suavejmf wrote: »

5' 10'' is average height for a man in the UK. So not he's short. He's just average.
    He looked a bit shorter than average in the tube station sequences in SF as he was strolling through the crowds.

Next time around, I'd prefer someone taller (my #1 preference actually).
    suavejmf wrote: »

Yes, I know. Just a joke on my part.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,661
    If this is genuine (who knows!) then it's rather interesting...
    FILM bosses have drawn up an official shortlist of actors to be the next James Bond if Daniel Craig goes through with his threat to quit.

Luther star Idris Elba, 43, has made the cut, as has Michael Fassbender, 39.

Also in the running are Fast and Furious star Luke Evans, 37, Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam, 36, Poldark’s Aidan Turner, 33, and Tom Hiddleston, 35.

Key players at studio MGM think Elba has the gravitas, talent and box office appeal.

A source at the movie company revealed: “To get anyone to take over from Daniel will be a tough job.

EON Productions franchise boss Barbara Broccoli is also meeting actors, including Happy Valley star James Norton, 31, and Billy Elliot actor Jamie Bell, 30, who are not on MGM’s list.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1699120/idris-elba-aidan-turner-and-tom-hiddleston-all-on-studio-bosses-final-hitlist-to-be-the-next-james-bond/

Unless a complete unknown pops up soon it's likely to be one of those? I guess we have to get used to the idea it might be one of those names. It's possible The Sun just chose some popular names and made it 'official'!

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    If this is genuine (who knows!) then it's rather interesting...
    FILM bosses have drawn up an official shortlist of actors to be the next James Bond if Daniel Craig goes through with his threat to quit.

Luther star Idris Elba, 43, has made the cut, as has Michael Fassbender, 39.

Also in the running are Fast and Furious star Luke Evans, 37, Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam, 36, Poldark’s Aidan Turner, 33, and Tom Hiddleston, 35.

Key players at studio MGM think Elba has the gravitas, talent and box office appeal.

A source at the movie company revealed: “To get anyone to take over from Daniel will be a tough job.

EON Productions franchise boss Barbara Broccoli is also meeting actors, including Happy Valley star James Norton, 31, and Billy Elliot actor Jamie Bell, 30, who are not on MGM’s list.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1699120/idris-elba-aidan-turner-and-tom-hiddleston-all-on-studio-bosses-final-hitlist-to-be-the-next-james-bond/

Unless a complete unknown pops up soon it's likely to be one of those? I guess we have to get used to the idea it might be one of those names. It's possible The Sun just chose some popular names and made it 'official'!

They just rehashed most of this thread without being concrete... I could've said the same thing and been just as "accurate"

My feeling now ...and it's my FEELING is that yea at first they were looking when things were more active. Things feel through on distribution and Bond back in limbo... even BB said they would continue even if Craig didn't make up his mind.

Now I think on hold and Craig may be warming up to return pending direction early development goes.

That's my gut feeling. The press is just jumping and anxious... catering to our impatience.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    You lost me completely at "sun.co.uk"
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I guess im warming up to Jack Houston.
    He is good looking, seems like he can do action and he is British.

I was with my girls yesterday and one of us told us she watched Ben Hur and how hot he was the leading man he showed him to us and we all had a great reaction to him.
    Of course i latter gooled him and by my surprise it was the always mentioned on this Forum Jack Houston.

This guy appeal to women who like Pretty Boys and more manly men. His appeal is universal and he also looks a bit like Sean Connery.
    Tall darl hair, very lean and he does seem to have that edge to make a great Bond.
    You lost me completely at "sun.co.uk"

Surely it is a reliable source. I mean look at all these names they name!

This is just a rehash of all of the bookie rumors we've been getting over the course of the summer. As usual, nothing really to see here. This is probably about as valid as the "final four" actors that were supposedly short listed by EON for CR.
  • Tries hard not to snigger.

<youtube>
    talos7 wrote: »

Disappointing move on part of Hiddleston if true. I would expect more. Talented enough without having to rely on a highly publicized relationship.

C'mon Hiddy :-L
  • The search is over - Aidan Turner!
    Lyd489 wrote: »
    The search is over - Aidan Turner!

=)) no
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Daniel Craig.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Tom is now seeing me. I had to keep it secret, I didn't want Taylor to know. Tom and I are very happy. I did ask him about the Bond role but he said "let's not spoil our romance with talk of business!"

:P
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Out of curiosity, are you an adult? And which gender?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You know? Dominic West wouldn't be bad as Bond either. He certainly has the looks and from what I've seen, he's a great actor.

12570.jpg
    edited September 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Well if HiddleSwift is done and buried (thank goodness!), perhaps Hiddle sans Taylor is back in the running for JB. I sure hope so. Hopefully Babs can forgive this Bondian summer fling.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dominic West could be a good Reed Richards, not Bond.