No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    And the kite/hurricane line is one of the best in Bond for me. White finishing his delivery with, "Good luck" seals it with a kiss of black humor.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yes I admit I did enjoy White returning and I think they executed his return quite well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Craig was a lot more relaxed in SP, I wouldn't say he was bored, but damn, sparks were flying during his encounter with Mr White. Craig and Christensen were fantastic there. The only scene I didn't like Craig in SP was the 'good bye' from Madeleine where not a single muscle on his face moved. Other than that, I really enjoyed Craig here, from the PTS I knew we would get a pure Bondian performance from him, and it makes me happy that for once we have a film where Craig gives 0 damns about anything that happens around him.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    And the kite/hurricane line is one of the best in Bond for me. White finishing his delivery with, "Good luck" seals it with a kiss of black humor.

I thought he said "So long".
    This thread is still in Spectre deconstruct mode, hmmm I'll come back in a couple of years when something's happening ...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    This thread is still in Spectre deconstruct mode, hmmm I'll come back in a couple of years when something's happening ...
    Indeed, let's get back on topic. I do hope it's sooner than that though.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 15,785
    ...................maybe some day there will be some sort of announcement on BOND 25...................crickets.................more crickets.............
    ... tumble weed ...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 4,400
    Reddit User: Michael Fassbender is EON's top choice for role.
    2016-01-03T035.jpg
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/4xuj1c/michael_fassbender_is_broccolis_top_choice/

This from the same person who claimed that Steven Knight was writing and that Mendes shot Hiddleston's screentest.

Please be true.

Fassbender has all the necessary ingredients and some. EON have gone after more high-brow talent since signing Craig and I think Fassbender's appointment would fit with their current edict. Not only that, he's a terrifically talented actor who has name credibility. He's by far the most talented actor in the conversation currently.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, that would make me a very happy man if it came true. I've wanted Fassbender to play Bond for many years now.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    X-Men, Assassins Creed and Bond. That's alot of franchises to juggle for one man.

Could he really committ to all three?
  • As much as I love Craig, I would happily see the back of him if it meant we could get Fassbender.
    Don't be so quick to consider 'Assassin's Creed' a franchise; I'm sure sequels are planned, but that'll be entirely dependent upon how well it does at the box office.

Fassbender is one of the only names that I immediately think "Yes." when it comes to deciding whether they'd make a great Bond or not.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's not happening folks. Sorry to say. He'd be perfect, but it's not happening. I'll go on the record now.
    @bondjames, why's that?
    Too good to be true?
    @Thunderfinger, that's typically how it goes, unfortunately.
    Just sign him. He s done with X-Men.
    I really want to believe it because it would be perfect
    He's just too famous @Creasy47 and as has been said, is in too many high profile franchises already. They'd have to pay him good money as well. That's not EON's M.O, unless they are planning to really shake up the way they do things.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames It's true that Fassbender is in many high profile franchises, but don't forget that outside of those, he does not set the box office on fire when he is the only lead in a film. He's not at Cruise level, where his name alone will get people in the seats.

I'd be thrilled if Fassbender signed on as Bond.
    If Fassbender is too famous, then Hiddleston definitely is. Personally, I could see them shaking it up by going with someone a little more well known, but who knows. We could equally get a surprise choice like Jamie Bell, so we'll see.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, that's true, but if he's cast he will be the most visibly famous actor (from films) that EON has ever cast. Brosnan only became famous in the movie world post-Bond (he was primarily a tv star prior to that). The same goes for Moore. Fassbender has big screen fame already. People globally know his face from XMen which has been huge, and will know more of him after Alien Covenant.
    Wouldn't people already know him from 'Prometheus'? I doubt a sequel to that is what's going to make people recognize him, if they haven't already from the likes of 'X-Men.'
    Yes, and that's my point. His face is well known to movie goers globally. We are in a different media market now from the 90's, when Brosnan was known for tv work, or even the 70's when Moore was cast. It's a 24/7 global market now.

I don't see EON casting such a recognizable global face for Bond, that's all.

That's why I think Hiddle blew his chance after his romance with Swift as well.
    Well if we're in a different media market now, perhaps they would try a better-known face. They got lucky by going with Craig and having him amp up the box office the way he has, so maybe they're looking for some more star power this time instead. We have heard rumors about the casting process being shaken up somehow, perhaps that's how.
    I'm all for that. Again, that would be a different approach for them, but if they want to do it, that's fine with me. I think he'd be an excellent Bond, as would Hiddleston (who may have a longer run due to the slight age advantage).
    But following Craig will be a very tough job. Will EON want to cast another 'unknown/left field choice' who might come under heavy fire until he silences everyone with his 1st film, or do they cast a well known actor that a big portion of the general public will 'buy' as Bond the moment he is announced?