"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

sad when football fans refer to their club as a business...utd even got rid of the word of football out of their 'brand' or football club name. sad excuse of a club.
    Sanchairs wrote: »
    sad when football fans refer to their club as a business...utd even got rid of the word of football out of their 'brand' or football club name. sad excuse of a club.

Once again, how many other Premiership (and League) clubs does this apply to?

At least United are not going down the cynical Arsenal route of charging the highest ticket prices and then doing the minimum possible to make the Champions League to increase income even further
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    13935021_1190352544360546_2932013646061251813_n.jpg?oh=0333d4676ac52829cda1bd00ba82824f&oe=5817124A

Its come round quick, who are your favourites?

Manchester United for me.

No the 'special needs team' with the 'special needs one' make me sick. all money, all stocks and shares, money grabbing excuse of a football team that's a corporation that kicks a ball now and again.

Liverpool for me - no European distractions. Utd will sack the Moronio Jan - that's where the smart money should be.

err, can you be more specific? This could be one of many Premiership, and Championship, clubs.

Should you be referring to Man Utd, it's worth remembering that United grew wealthy through the quality of the football - not some rich billionaire dumping a load of money in the hope of a big pay day. Man Utd are one of few Premiership clubs to have had to cope with owners sucking money out of the club and only been able to rely on their football, and resulting fan base, to keep their heads above water.

Look what has happened to some lower league clubs who were in the same situation, but unable to call upon their football to keep them out of trouble

Are Utd debt free now @Troy ? In December 2014 they were £380.5m in debt. Before the Glazers took over in 2005 their debt was £0.

Exactly - Glasers done nothing for the club, just used it as a cash cow. But fortunately the football club is strong enough to cope
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Your obsession with them is embarrassing.
    DCisared wrote: »

Your obsession with them is embarrassing.

Not just them, as i said the whole of bug sports at the moment - the fans are being taken for a ride. Speak up I say.

• Sanchairs wrote: »
    13935021_1190352544360546_2932013646061251813_n.jpg?oh=0333d4676ac52829cda1bd00ba82824f&oe=5817124A

No the 'special needs team' with the 'special needs one' make me sick. all money, all stocks and shares, money grabbing excuse of a football team that's a corporation that kicks a ball now and again.

Liverpool for me - no European distractions. Utd will sack the Moronio Jan - that's where the smart money should be.

Any need for the 'special needs'? What a prize tool you really are.

yes i'm a prized tool and you are really clever for pointing this out to me. your intellect is off the scale. obviously with your huge brain engaged shall we just move on from this as this should not distract you from finding a cure for cancer, ending world hunger and battling the melting ice caps. It's only a suggestion sir as i will bow down to your will and say.

• edited August 2016 Posts: 90

yes i'm a prized tool and you are really clever for pointing this out to me. your intellect is off the scale. obviously with your huge brain engaged shall we just move on from this as this should not distract you from finding a cure for cancer, ending world hunger and battling the melting ice caps. It's only a suggestion sir as i will bow down to your will and say.

And I think your time would be better spent screwing yourself, as you're the only one who will. Funny that you talk about smart money - because that's clearly not coming from a smart person.
    Friends it is not good to make enemies so let's not act like screaming crows pecking at each others eyes out, instead let's be white turtledoves singing Joy to the world and baking cookies. :)
  • Sanchairs wrote: »

Sad when football fans kill 39 innocent fans. Liverpool even denied any wrongdoing. Sad excuse of a club.

Sad when football fans kill 39 innocent fans. Liverpool even denied any wrongdoing. Sad excuse of a club.

Get your facts right before spouting bile on here. Completely inaccurate at best! This thread isn't about lazy , malicious comments. You should go elsewhere if you hold that belief.
  • DCisared wrote: »

Get your facts right before spouting bile on here. Completely inaccurate at best! This thread isn't about lazy , malicious comments. You should go elsewhere if you hold that belief.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-32898612

Educate yourself. Besides, I didn't see you jumping in when someone was using 'special needs' as an insult. Surely that's lazy and malicious? Unless of course, you only care for things directed at Liverpool football club and couldn't be bothered with defending the disabled against insults. Wouldn't that be a shock? Always the victims...

• 'Fourteen Liverpool fans were found guilty of manslaughter and each jailed for three years.'

Educate yourself. Besides, I didn't see you jumping in when someone was using 'special needs' as an insult. Surely that's lazy and malicious? Unless of course, you only care for things directed at Liverpool football club and couldn't be bothered with defending the disabled against insults. Wouldn't that be a shock? Always the victims...

UEFA chose to hold the final at an old athletics stadium which needed seriously updating.
    There were no turnstiles.
    Loads of fans got in ticketless.
    There was zero segregation of fans.
    Fighting and clashes took place between BOTH sets of supporters.
    Juventus supporterst hurled debris, bottles as did liverpool supporters.
    Juventus fans charged liverpool fans
    Liverpool fans charged back
    Juventus fans retreated against a wall and it collapsed killing 39 people.

Again. Get your facts right. Idiot.

UEFA chose to hold the final at an old athletics stadium which needed seriously updating.

Loads of fans got in ticketless because many Liverpool fans decided to force their way in without tickets. Regardless, Liverpool fans charged Juventus fans against a wall which crushed and killed them. Liverpool then tried to avoid acknowledging the disaster for many years, to the point of anger and frustration of Juventus fans.

0260B7C00000044D-3102282-image-a-62_1432896173397.jpg

I'm sure those fine chaps agree with you. But ey, as I said, always the victims, right? As I've already pointed out, it is very funny that you had no objection to 'special needs' being used as an insult, but the moment someone mentions Heysel you get all upset. You're an absolute hypocrite.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Stepping in here.

This kind of thing is perfectly normal on a proper football forum, but this is a James Bond forum with a football subsection. And we don't want this becoming like a 606 debate thread.

So, I'm asking for it to end now or action will be taken.
  • NicNac wrote: »
    Stepping in here.

This kind of thing is perfectly normal on a proper football forum, but this is a James Bond forum with a football subsection. And we don't want this becoming like a 606 debate thread.

So, I'm asking for it to end now or action will be taken.

Completely understood from my end. But I'd like similar action if things such as 'special needs' are casually thrown around as insults again.
    We take individual action privately, so please don't think these things are ignored.

Loads of fans got in ticketless because many Liverpool fans decided to force their way in without tickets. Regardless, Liverpool fans charged Juventus fans against a wall which crushed and killed them. Liverpool then tried to avoid acknowledging the disaster for many years, to the point of anger and frustration of Juventus fans.

I'm sure those fine chaps agree with you. But ey, as I said, always the victims, right? As I've already pointed out, it is very funny that you had no objection to 'special needs' being used as an insult, but the moment someone mentions Heysel you get all upset. You're an absolute hypocrite.

Ah yes and those holier-than-thou Italian football fans and UEFA are exempt from any kind of accountability. What angels they are. What an absolute lovely bunch of lads.
    Ill point out when someone is wrong and snide inaccuracies need stamping out.
    Whether someone has said you've got 'special needs' or not is irrelevant.
  • NicNac wrote: »
    We take individual action privately, so please don't think these things are ignored.

Thankyou, I did flag the offending comment last night. Some of us on here do have family members who deal with disabilities, so to see it used as an insult and then the absolute non-response to it was pretty frustrating to me. But I shall leave it there and end it on my side.

Ah yes and those holier-than-thou Italian football fans and UEFA are exempt from any kind of accountability. What angels they are. What an absolute lovely bunch of lads.
    Ill point out when someone is wrong and snide inaccuracies need stamping out.
    Whether someone has said you've got 'special needs' or not is irrelevant.

Final word on this. If you can't see how English football hooliganism at the time of the event had a strong influence upon it, then you are truly blinded. Every English football fan who travelled away with their team knew what went on, especially following teams such as Liverpool. That's not to say only Liverpool did it, many, many teams did. The 'special needs' comment is most relevant of all. I set out to make a point and I made it. You only cared once Liverpool were mentioned. I bet if somebody had called Liverpool's manager and team 'special needs', you would've commented upon it and criticised it. However, because it was directed towards Manchester United, you didn't care. So, the point is, you're a hypocrite and tribalist. If 'special needs' had been directed towards ANY team, I would've been upset and passed comment. But the same cannot be said about you and that says it all about you as a person. Good day to you.
    The trouble is, by adding a footnote to your final word on the subject it simply re-opens the heated debate. The special needs comments have been taken on board.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,151
    So, Manchester City certainly showed a bit of promise last night. Yes, Steaua were poor but 5-0 away from home amd 2 penalties missed is quite the thumping. Whether they convert that to to the Prem is a different matter.

Burnley next up for my beloved Liverpool. Won't be easy at all away at a team just arrived back in the top division. I think we can get the win though.

On another note, my local clubs Lancaster City and Morecambe have started well this season. Good to see. It's a long season though.
    Well after 3 games? 2 wins and a draw? I will take that! OTBC!!!!!
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 140
    Southampton (or Liverpool reserves) look quite good against VUE tonight. M seems so restrained at the moment, is he feeling the eyes of Bobby on him all the time? Pogba still settling in the PL - not convinced.

Edit - oops spoke too soon.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Normal service seems to be resuming. Goals instead of possession. Seems obvious really.
    Enjoyed the game last night, early days and some improvement will come. Man United have a squad to challenge for the title again, Jose is doing wonders with Fellaini credit to both.
    Enjoyed the game last night, early days and some improvement will come. Man United have a squad to challenge for the title again, Jose is doing wonders with Fellaini credit to both.

To be honest Southampton should've scored twice before VUE were gifted their very lucky opening goal. Early days and I'm waiting for the M crass moment of the season and the melt down with the press or players or officials. VUE should have chosen a more classy manager.

• RC7RC7

To be honest Southampton should've scored twice before VUE were gifted their very lucky opening goal. Early days and I'm waiting for the M crass moment of the season and the melt down with the press or players or officials. VUE should have chosen a more classy manager.

Brilliant. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Southampton were banging in shots aimlessly. De Gea watched three epsiodes of Corrie on catch up on his iPnone while they were debating what to do with their possession. 13 shots, 1 on target, no goals. If we'd moved out of second gear they'd have been destroyed.
    RC7 wrote: »

Brilliant. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Southampton were banging in shots aimlessly. De Gea watched three epsiodes of Corrie on catch up on his iPnone while they were debating what to do with their possession. 13 shots, 1 on target, no goals. If we'd moved out of second gear they'd have been destroyed.

sigh-shake of head.