"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Gazza not looking well at all.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Congratulations to Wales <:-P
    WTF Wales. You made me cum =P~ !
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Well done Wales most pleased by your win tonight .
    Great top to bottom team performance from Wales. Three fantastic goals. Are you watching you Rooney?

So let's get this straight, the Welsh rule Football and the English own Rugby? Eh?
    I think some of the England squad are up for transfers to Iceland. As the
    store needs a couple of drivers and a few on checkouts. :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    A tactical plan, team spirit, bottle; was anyone connected with the England team even watching that?

Probably all spending their ill gotten gains in a 7 star hotel in Dubai or on Russian whores or some such.

Leicester, Iceland now Wales - surely the system of agents demanding ludicrous wages for people with just the slightest modicum of talent is stone dead?

Performance related pay is the only way forward these days for any owner worth his salt. Deliver results and you get the riches that go with it. If you're shit you get a basic wage of £250 a week. If you're not happy with that and demand £250k a week you're precisely the sort of person I don't want at my club so get your coat.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 4,025
    A tactical plan, team spirit, bottle; was anyone connected with the England team even watching that?

Probably all spending their ill gotten gains in a 7 star hotel in Dubai or on Russian whores or some such.

Leicester, Iceland now Wales - surely the system of agents demanding ludicrous wages for people with just the slightest modicum of talent is stone dead?

Performance related pay is the only way forward these days for any owner worth his salt. Deliver results and you get the riches that go with it. If you're shit you get a basic wage of £250 a week. If you're not happy with that and demand £250k a week you're precisely the sort of person I don't want at my club so get your coat.

Or for "get your coat" read "get your England shirt" under the current system. Plus Rooney would never demand £250k per week as he is already on over £300k.

The England team were probably not watching that. From what I've read Raheem Sterling was blinging up his sink, or was that his mummy's sink, and sharing (thanks) a pic of it with the world. Rooney was jet-skiing next to his private yacht and Deli Alli was partying in Ibiza. Heartbroken Mr Alli?

Jamie Carragher said that when he was in the England squad he was one of only 3 players who would watch any of the other matches. Good team spirit right there.
    I for one, am thrilled to see Iceland and Wales winning ! =D> it's
    Just great to see.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Oh the irony! The 3 scorers for Wales last night were all English. Wouldn't get near the current England squad and their team of Prem stars, yet they're currently doing the business for Wales!
    I can't remember the football expert who said this but, when asked why
    There wasn't a GB football team. He said only the England team had players
    Of the skill needed. :))
    England were a disgrace, all the very best to Wales and Iceland as you both bloody well deserve it!
    Sweet FA as usual.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    England were a disgrace, all the very best to Wales and Iceland as you both bloody well deserve it!

Still angry at the England set up and that won't change anytime soon, England don't deserve fan support right now.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Maybe the English team should watch tonight's match, and see, how one can beat Iceland.
    Not the team but the FA. Idiots.
    Every goal here another nail in England's coffin lid.

Frogs haven't even got out of second gear in Fritzling this shower and yet they are still going to be comfortably put away by the Germans.

We're practically a conference team in international terms.
  • I was thinking more 'ryman unibond league' myself. :D
    You misinterpret me. I didn't mean Vauxhall Conference (as was).

I meant members of the national motor neurone disease sufferers association attending a conference at Linton Travel Tavern deciding to have an impromptu kickabout in the car park.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,432
    A tip to England on how to beat Iceland, play reasonably well. France have indeed made England look even more of a joke [-(

Iceland may have done England a favour by beating them, not sure England would have faired well against France.

Congratulations to Republic of Ireland they fought hard for this win, well deserved victory well done to the home nations. <:-P

Cracking stuff. All the home nations (bar Scotland - which just makes it all the funnier) in the last 16. 25% representation from these islands but our players are shit aren't they?

I don't get this interest in ROI. The BBC are always featuring them, too. They are a foreign country. They have made it quite clear that they do not want to be part of the U.K, so we should respect that.
    There's a huge connection wjth the ROI, with many British families having
    Irish relations. There used to be an old joke "What's the capital of Ireland ?"
    ....... answer " Liverpool !" :D
    Many British citizens and residents have French, German, Spanish, Italian etc etc relations.
    True,
    Troy wrote: »
    Congratulations to Republic of Ireland they fought hard for this win, well deserved victory well done to the home nations. <:-P

Cracking stuff. All the home nations (bar Scotland - which just makes it all the funnier) in the last 16. 25% representation from these islands but our players are shit aren't they?

I don't get this interest in ROI. The BBC are always featuring them, too. They are a foreign country. They have made it quite clear that they do not want to be part of the U.K, so we should respect that.

I actually agree with you entirely. Just because they speak English we think Ireland isn't a foreign country. Why is it fine not to support Australia or NZ but we're all supposed to love Ireland?

And why do the BBC always go on about them? Just show their matches as you would Iceland or Albania. RTE can big them up if they want to.

I only mentioned them before just to rub in how shit Scotland are to not even be there.
    :))
    Congratulations to Portugal Dechamp did a Woy Bodgeson, Ronny on touch line at end was gold, evoking Fergie time I was in hysterics.
    Congratulations Portugal =D>
    Congratulations Portugal =D>

Pepe, what a defender...Ronnie is probably going to party in Morocco with his special friend. Well done Portugal, you guys won ugly. Something England need to learn to do.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sanchairs wrote: »
    Ronnie is probably going to party in Morocco with his special friend.
    I honestly didn't know that about CR7. Your comment intrigued me, so I did some research. Interesting.

Portugal deserved the win yesterday. They've got some confident young players with pace, verve & endurance. This win could be the start of something for them as a team.