The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Agreed. He looks much better now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm looking forward with interest to anything Brosnan is in. I hope he has a chance to give us his best in the upcoming entries and am sure he will be excellent in The Son.
  • Be James Bond one more time! Maybe during the transition from Craig to x.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not under Eon Productions sadly.
    Be James Bond one more time! Maybe during the transition from Craig to x.
    I'm afraid this is the one thing that I do not want to see him do, ever again, except as a joke. Brosnan in anything other than Bond and I'm 100% in.
    I'll actually be on top of the world if he returns as Bond. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Due to the latest Bourne not being in cinemas yet in my country, tonight I am finally going to discover Pierce Brosnan in.... No Escape. I am really, really pumped for this.
    @DaltonCraig007, I think that is an extremely underrated film, and Brosnan is great it in it. Although his role isn't that large, he makes quite an impression. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Due to the latest Bourne not being in cinemas yet in my country, tonight I am finally going to discover Pierce Brosnan in.... No Escape. I am really, really pumped for this.
    Pierce is bad ass in that film. I think you'll enjoy it.
    I actually think Pierce looks better now, with a few years on him, than he did
    when he was younger. Although he still looks far younger than he is. :)

Totally agree. age suits him well
    I've seen No Escape too. Loved it for the first 40 minutes but it loses its way after that and just becomes silly. I felt Brosnan's character was a cliché.
    Pierce Brosnan's thriller I.T. comes out in September 2016.

Here are a few stills:
    IT_06688-1.jpg
    Why is Pierce about to go all 'pain-faced' on Anthony Bourdain?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan's thriller I.T. comes out in September 2016.

Here are a few stills:
    IT_06688-1.jpg
    Why is Pierce about to go all 'pain-faced' on Anthony Bourdain?
    Find out in two months. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin

I did not expect No Escape to be this good. Extremely tense, and Brosnan was absolutely fantastic. His final scene is probably the most badass final scenes I've ever seen. Surprised with Owen Wilson too, didn't think he could headline an action film like this.

I had to pair this film with 'Non Stop'. Nothing like seeing Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson being proper badasses.
    I've seen No Escape. Sadly though, I didn't like it at all. The way Brosnan's character died particularly pissed me off for a reason.
    I've seen No Escape. Sadly though, I didn't like it at all. The way Brosnan's character died particularly pissed me off for a reason.

I shall cry myself to sleep. :(

No hard feelings, old chap. :)

No hard feelings, old chap. :)

No worries. :-bd
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin

I did not expect No Escape to be this good. Extremely tense, and Brosnan was absolutely fantastic. His final scene is probably the most badass final scenes I've ever seen. Surprised with Owen Wilson too, didn't think he could headline an action film like this.

I had to pair this film with 'Non Stop'. Nothing like seeing Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson being proper badasses.

I wished they did an action flick together, i know they did seraphim falls but thats not action and i think it would be cool seing them as allies next time.

And you chose a great double feature. No escape was really great and Pierce an incredible ending while non stop its one of the best flight thrillers of all time.

I was one of the few who didn't like Seraphim Falls. It's too tragic, too slow paced, with not much to go on, associated with one melodrama too many, I'm afraid.

But, I'd love to see Brosnan and Neeson in a Luc Besson-type action thriller. That said, why isn't Brosnan making any films with Besson?
    @doubleoego @Creasy47 @bondjames @ClarkDevlin

Sweet mother of christ!!! I just checked Brosnan's IMDB page. Apparently he has another action film coming soon, called 'Final Score', which seems to be a revenge film that will pit Pierce Brosnan against Dave Bautista!!!!!!
    Yes, shooting will begin in a few days, @DaltonCraig007. August 8 to be exact at some football stadium.
    @ClarkDevlin Variety says it is some kind of sports drama film, but IMDB lists it as an action vehicule. What gives?
    It's not sports drama. It definitely isn't, @DaltonCraig007. The premise revealed about an ex-veteran (probably Bautista) trying to protect the daughter of a fallen fellow soldier, who's also his friend and save the whole stadium at the same time from a terrorist attack.

And to be honest, it reminds me of Van Damme's Sudden Death.
    Thanks a lot @ClarkDevlin. This sounds very good. So after the 2014 showdown of Keanu in John Wick, Denzel in Equalizer, Neeson in Non-Stop and Brosnan in November Man, we are looking at a 2017 showdown of Keanu in John Wick 2, Denzel in Equalizer 2, Neeson in The Commuter and Brosnan in Final Score. Hell yeah!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, sounds a little like it, but so long as it's done well , I'll be watching.
    You're welcome, @DaltonCraig007. :)

I gather Pierce will be the villain in the film, the way Powers Boothe was in Sudden Death.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The villain usually gets the best lines. ;)
    Thanks for letting us know @DaltonCraig007.

Pierce is definitely a braver man than me. After what happened to Craig during his tussle with Bautista while filming SP, I don't know too many folks who'd want to do an action film which might involve a fight (even if it's acting) with that guy.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I was one of the few who didn't like Seraphim Falls. It's too tragic, too slow paced, with not much to go on, associated with one melodrama too many, I'm afraid.

But, I'd love to see Brosnan and Neeson in a Luc Besson-type action thriller. That said, why isn't Brosnan making any films with Besson?

I haven't seen seraphim falls since im not a huge fan of westerns but i might try it one day since the story sounds quite similar to the revenant which i like very much.

And yes an action thriller with these two directed by Luc Besson would be epic or Martin Campbell.