Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,053
    stag wrote: »
    Last video game I played? Pong about 1980.

You need to get out more. There's lots of new games to play that are much better than Pong.

I do get out & get out a lot - that's why I have no interest in video games. Note I said it was 1980.

Then WTF brings you to this thread, may I ask?

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Then WTF brings you to this thread, may I ask?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Because I was answering the title "Last Video Game You Played" by telling the last video game I played! I apologise as I didn't realise I had to seek your permission before posting!

Well I'll let it slide this time since you're new.
    Well I'll let it slide this time since you're new.
    A thousand thanks.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992). My favorite game of the long-running series. Happy 25 years to Sonic btw; anyone else enjoy any of the games?
    Of course classic Sega Genesis sonic is the best.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have many fond memories of Sonic The Hedgehog in 8-bit glory on the Sega Master System II.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Man, they need to make a 3rd.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @doubleoego, they need to realize that was one of the best installments in the series. They constantly brush it off, even though plenty of fans have clamored for a third.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That was the last good installment of the series.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @doubleoego, they need to realize that was one of the best installments in the series. They constantly brush it off, even though plenty of fans have clamored for a third.

I've replayed the game so many times and I just don't understand why they won't continue with a third. The campaign and the characters were excellent.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I've replayed the game so many times and I just don't understand why they won't continue with a third. The campaign and the characters were excellent.

Poor sales is the documented reason, I believe, but I call BS.

Stardew Valley won't leave me alone. It keeps demanding that I play it. I beat both Portal games and want to get into Civilization V and Undertale, but Stardew will not let me. Damn farm.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Red Dead Redemption now available on Xbox One backward compatibility, unfortunately had a different profile on 360, though such a great game happy to start at the beginning.

Edited: The remaster great.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 3,000
    I finished my 2nd play-through of 007 Legends. I must admit, I actually enjoyed it much more the second time around, and it was nice to be able to finally play the Skyfall mission. Of course, a new mission brought new irritations, but I did like the SF levels. It was nice to see the game finally have an actual boss fight, rather than just a quick-time event. However, I don't understand why they treated Patrice as the main villain (killing him is the finale), or how they decided to leave off all the events in the Skyfall estate.

The bike chase was certainly the low point of the SF mission for me. It's not very clear where you're supposed to be turning, and some of the obstacles are arranged in such a way that it isn't possible to avoid them on your first attempt at the level since you can't see them coming. Almost everything in the chase sequence looks like a cardboard cutout, from Patrice on his bike, to the by-standing people, and the cars on the road; It actually looks like the game is running on a 2D engine that's simulating 3D (like the old Doom games).

That said, my opinion of Legends has greatly improved on this second look. I must now come to the realization that I've played every non-mobile Bond game from GoldenEye onward, including every distinctly different version (like TWINE PS1 and N64). They need to make more! :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nice to have a sensible discussion rather than a biased opinion around. Thanks, @BMW_with_missiles. :)

I do remember the hatred and dissing Legends was receiving back when it came out from every community when it wasn't different from its predecessor at all, yet the other one was overpraised (like many other things).

Shoot me if you like, I'll always prefer Legends over Reloaded. ;)
    I will always prefer Reloaded over Legends for a few reasons.

Reloaded is only changing one movie, doing the whole movie and is doing it in a way that makes sense, while Legends is trying desperately to shoehorn five older Bond adventures into the Daniel Craig era, even if they don't fit. Both are COD clones, but Legends feels more like a COD clone in a way that Reloaded doesn't. And, this last one is nitpicky, Reloaded has Daniel Craig, while Legends has a poor attempt at a soundalike. I don't feel like I'm playing as Daniel Craig's Bond in Legends, while I do in Reloaded (and especially Blood Stone).

Is Legends different from Reloaded? No. We knew it wouldn't be going in because it has that Activision label on it and they will recycle every game they make no matter the cost. But overall, Reloaded feels like the more polished game, the game they probably took a little bit more time to make.
    I finished my 2nd play-through of 007 Legends. I must admit, I actually enjoyed it much more the second time around, and it was nice to be able to finally play the Skyfall mission. Of course, a new mission brought new irritations, but I did like the SF levels. It was nice to see the game finally have an actual boss fight, rather than just a quick-time event. However, I don't understand why they treated Patrice as the main villain (killing him is the finale), or how they decided to leave off all the events in the Skyfall estate.

The bike chase was certainly the low point of the SF mission for me. It's not very clear where you're supposed to be turning, and some of the obstacles are arranged in such a way that it isn't possible to avoid them on your first attempt at the level since you can't see them coming. Almost everything in the chase sequence looks like a cardboard cutout, from Patrice on his bike, to the by-standing people, and the cars on the road; It actually looks like the game is running on a 2D engine that's simulating 3D (like the old Doom games).

That said, my opinion of Legends has greatly improved on this second look. I must now come to the realization that I've played every non-mobile Bond game from GoldenEye onward, including every distinctly different version (like TWINE PS1 and N64). They need to make more! :))

Have you played Alpha Protocol while not a 007 game in name you can play it like Bond... Trust me fighting a Russian mobster who is high on cocaine and blaring Autographs big hit Turn Up The Radio is as amazing as it sounds.

As for bond games I plan on getting a PS1 so I can play Tomorrow never dies the world is not enough and 007 legends.

Also if you need that bond itch scratched by an actual bond game I recommend James Bond the Duel for sega Genesis. It came out before goldeneye and is an actually surpisingly fun game also James Bond 007 for game boy
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Have you played Alpha Protocol while not a 007 game in name you can play it like Bond... Trust me fighting a Russian mobster who is high on cocaine and blaring Autographs big hit Turn Up The Radio is as amazing as it sounds.
    "Come out, Mikael!!"

Oh dear! I still hear his annoying voice in my head. I pulled my hair off trying to beat that bastard on my average PC that had a problem with the frame rate of the game, at the time. I almost had to see psychiatrist because of that arrogant Russian shite. Lol! =))
    Nice to have a sensible discussion rather than a biased opinion around. Thanks, @BMW_with_missiles. :)

I do remember the hatred and dissing Legends was receiving back when it came out from every community when it wasn't different from its predecessor at all, yet the other one was overpraised (like many other things).

Shoot me if you like, I'll always prefer Legends over Reloaded. ;)

It does seem like Legends is over criticized. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.
    Risico007 wrote: »

As for bond games I plan on getting a PS1 so I can play Tomorrow never dies the world is not enough and 007 legends.

Also if you need that bond itch scratched by an actual bond game I recommend James Bond the Duel for sega Genesis. It came out before goldeneye and is an actually surpisingly fun game also James Bond 007 for game boy

I'll have to look into Alpha Protocol. I've also been considering James Bond 007 for Game Boy.
    Stop considering and play it as s bond can you won't be dissapointed with James Bond 007
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 5,185
    i have played the game boy game last year after someone on this site recommended it to me and i have to say i was pleasently suprised what they were able to do with it.
    It's a very good Bond expirience for a handheld.
    I would have played that game to death back in the 90's when it was released.
    Shame i never heard about it then.

Well, I'll be occupied for a while with my latest game purchase; Sonic the Hedgehog (AKA Sonic 06). I know it's terrible, and that's why I want to experience it. Tell my family I love them! :))
    Well, I'll be occupied for a while with my latest game purchase; Sonic the Hedgehog (AKA Sonic 06). I know it's terrible, and that's why I want to experience it. Tell my family I love them! :))

I've played it. I personally had few problems with it. Occasional glitch, but a damn fun game.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 3,000

Occasional glitch

"That's putting it mildly, 007!"

Was it the 360 version that you played? I've heard it's less glitchy.
    Yes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Remember that video games are harmful to your emotional health.
    Remember that video games are harmful to your emotional health.

So you're familiar with Sonic 06 then.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No, just Pong and Tetris.
    Red Dead Redemption now available on Xbox One backward compatibility, unfortunately had a different profile on 360, though such a great game happy to start at the beginning.

Edited: The remaster great.
    Wait.... it's a remaster?? Is it coming to PS4 soon??