No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Here's a bit of click bait to satisfy the Craig lovers. I don't necessarily agree, but their rationale cannot be faulted.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/05/daniel-craig-return-james-bond-tom-hiddleston-jamie-bell-1201682322/
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm, and I for one enjoy all the
    discussions around the rumours. :)

Indeed.

• Jerzy_BondovJerzy_Bondov Undercover - Gibraltar, Morocco
    talos7 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm, and I for one enjoy all the
    discussions around the rumours. :)

Indeed.

Isn't that part of the fun anyway? Right now we're in the mystical slipstream of Spectre, not knowing what might be lurking around the corner. That thrill is part of the spectacle, I'd say. I know I'm enjoying the speculation a little too much, hungry for the next article :)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Some people are overreacting. This thread is clearly for discussing rumours as much as it is for facts. If you don't like someone's comments, just scroll over them. Nobody is forcing you to read them.

To be honest, these complaints about @Mendes4Lyfe are spamming the thread more than anything else.

Yes but to @Mendes4Lyfe's credit he takes it in stride.

I'm there for @Mendes4Lyfe if the news next week is not as rumoured or expected. The tension will be unimaginable I'm sure, and hopefully we can all take the news (or no news, as the case may be) in our stride.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What is this? Cordiality? Congeniality? I must be on the wrong forum. (Cheers guys ;) )
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Just for you @Mendes4Lyfe. Ladbrokes confirms that they too have seen an uptick for Turner

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/aidan-turner-replacing-daniel-craig-007-james-bond/
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just for you @Mendes4Lyfe. Ladbrokes confirms that they too have seen an uptick for Turner

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/aidan-turner-replacing-daniel-craig-007-james-bond/

Woah! 1/2 odds. Simply incredible. If it doesn't happen, this will be the closet any actor has gotten to becoming Bond, without becoming Bond. The public clearly wants it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    " Give the public what they want !" :D
    now where have I heard that.
    I'm skeptical, but am holding out hope for an announcement next week. I've thought from the moment the script leaked that Craig was done, but honestly I'm becoming more doubtful. He's more involved behind the camera than any of the other actors and he does strike me as a perfectionist, he puts a lot of effort into the quality control of these films. So I think part of him is probably disheartened at how divisive Spectre was and wants to go out on a critical high like he had with CR and SF. So we'll see. I think it really could go either way at this point.

Mendes' comments were quite enlightening because I always assumed that the distributor would need to be sorted before they could cast a new Bond. But if it's all on Barbara (I imagine MGW will have some input too but probably takes more of a backseat nowadays) then maybe we could get an announcement sooner rather than later. Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. I'd love it if it was announced next week though, and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to do that before the script, etc, was finished. The whole announcing everything just before production starts seems to be a recent trend. Can't really remember the behind the scenes stuff for the Brosnan era very well, but CR was announced quite far back in advance iirc. 2004/2005ish. So the idea of them announcing the next actor before having anything concrete locked down doesn't sound too far fetched to me.
    If it doesn't happen, this will be the closet any actor has gotten to becoming Bond, without becoming Bond. The public clearly wants it.

Come on mate. I don't think you deserve a lot of the stick you've been getting but you don't help yourself with hyperbolic comments like this.
    It would only be tied for the closest. The same bookie (William Hill) gave Hugh Jackman 2/1 odds to replace Brosnan back in 2005.
  • Jerzy_BondovJerzy_Bondov Undercover - Gibraltar, Morocco
    edited June 2016 Posts: 6
    bondjames wrote: »

Not too shabby indeed. Turner is the man to watch right now. From an underdog position in Hiddleston's shadow to frontrunner. He could bring back 'classic' Bond as intended by the man Fleming himself. Dark, brooding and cruel good looks, with a twist. A rarity nowadays. A mix between Dalton and Connery. Yes please.
  • RC7RC7
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Some people are overreacting. This thread is clearly for discussing rumours as much as it is for facts. If you don't like someone's comments, just scroll over them. Nobody is forcing you to read them.

To be honest, these complaints about @Mendes4Lyfe are spamming the thread more than anything else.

Brilliant. Takes it in his stride. He's the biggest twat this forum has seen in a long time and he's got you all in his pocket you sad little men. Enough for me. I'm outta here.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I wouldn't trust this most recent news from Metro, the same people responsible for this:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/04/man-chops-off-friends-penis-with-axe-after-row-over-the-size-of-their-members-5923742/?ito=twitter
    jake24 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust this most recent news from Metro, the same people responsible for this:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/04/man-chops-off-friends-penis-with-axe-after-row-over-the-size-of-their-members-5923742/?ito=twitter

There's that, and there's also the fact that their entire "scoop" is based on the idea that a bookie has said there's an announcement coming. The same bookie that said Hugh Jackman was a 2/1 favorite to take over for Pierce Brosnan.
    Aidan Turner is a much more appealing choice to me than Hiddleston. Definitely could work.
    Jackman was considered tbf wasn't he? But BB decided he was "too fey" or something like that. I'm sure I've heard that before anyway.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    RC7 wrote: »

Brilliant. Takes it in his stride. He's the biggest twat this forum has seen in a long time and he's got you all in his pocket you sad little men. Enough for me. I'm outta here.

Chill. Just saying doesn't phase him. Or seem to.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 1,631
    Jackman was considered tbf wasn't he? But BB decided he was "too fey" or something like that. I'm sure I've heard that before anyway.

Pretty much every British actor (and Australian, and so on) in their 20s and 30s was considered the last time, as they most likely will be this time. The list last time was said to have grown to over 250 names.

As far as serious consideration, like Craig, Cavill, Visnjic, and so on got, I don't think Jackman reached that level, given Barbara Broccoli's opinion of his being "fey".
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Jackman would have been a terrific Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited June 2016 Posts: 7,983
    jake24 wrote: »
    Jackman would have been a terrific Bond.

I agree. As far as the "fey' comment, is that a fact or a popular story? He is incredibly versatile and I dare say when he is in "bad ass" mode is as, if not more, intimidating than any of the Bond actors.

Craig & Cavill (the two front runners last time) are quite different actors when you think about it. I wonder if EON will do the same thing this time - i.e. finally whittle down to two different looking chaps with divergent attributes. It's a testament to their selection process that they aren't necessarily going for a 'look', although Cavill more fit the archetype in some ways than Craig.

Come to think of it, Hiddle/Turner are quite different as well.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 871
    RC7 wrote: »

But why do you take this so seriously? This is just a message board. Words you see on your screen, nothing more. There's no reason to get worked up over someone's forum posts. Just ignore him and that's it. That's what I do when someone irritates me.
    On a side note, I just laughed to myself while watching the last episode of The Night Manager when Hiddleston orders a vodka martini.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,492
    Hiddleston was asked about the "advanced talks" of him playing Bond:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/action/tom-hiddleston-comments-on-reports-that-hes-in-advanced-talks-to-become-a142315

Unless he's lying like any actor would in this situation, I suppose, he sounds pretty confident that it won't be him.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Hiddleston was asked about the "advanced talks" of him playing Bond:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/action/tom-hiddleston-comments-on-reports-that-hes-in-advanced-talks-to-become-a142315

Unless he's lying like any actor would in this situation, I suppose, he sounds pretty confident that it won't be him.
    I don't trust anything that comes out of an actor's mouth. He does seem flustered in that interview much like when he was asked the same question on Graham Norton.
    If it is him, I'd imagine that he'd be contractually obligated to deny that he's been in talks. The actors that are brought in for testing or who are involved in "advanced" talks for the role aren't going to be able to talk about it to the press.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @jake24, neither do I, but figured it was worth sharing.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    I guess I'll bite on the new Bond hype, but I am very skeptical.

Turner could pull off the look of Bond the best. As for his acting credentials, I don't see anything impressive. I'm not really sure where I could see him going with the role, but I haven't really seen much of his work. In contrast, Hiddleston would probably give a solid Bond performance, but he would evoke a continuation of Craig's Bond more than providing a new adaptation.

If they had a very good character director and a good script, I would prefer Turner.
    I'm expecting us to first hear the announcement of a distributor and MAYBE at the same time here Craig has moved on to other things.

Then we'll get an actor some time after.

I don't think either is happening next week.