Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

I agree with you both. I've always liked Defiance a lot.
    Shame about Craig's Russian in it though - he did try. Liev's was much better for obvious reasons. But a nice little WWII movie nonetheless.

To be honest, if Craig does not return I would be content with any of Fassbender, Turner, or Hiddleston. They each have some part of Bond that they could pull off effortlessly. This is a much more solid gang of contenders than the 2005 also-rans like Cavill/McMahon.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I commend him for giving the accent a try; he didn't even bother in TGWTDT, though that doesn't take away from my enjoyment factor.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Daniel Craig has some pretty insane non-Bond movies, in particular Dragon Tattoo, Munich, Layer Cake and Defiance. I love these 4 films.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    One new name to think about Darren Boyd ?
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

You mean David Harbour's (Gregory Beam) doppelganger?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

You mean David Harbour's (Gregory Beam) doppelganger?

This is to whom I was referring http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0101740/
    Yes, that's what my joke was referring to, because he looks a lot like David Harbour, the actor who played Gregg Beam in QoS.
    Been a long day I'd missed that .
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Is this Hiddleston news hitting the right sites to be considered legitimate?
    The site it originated from is apparently pretty spot-on with most of their scoops. Someone mentioned that and give a few examples on the previous page or two.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So they are talking to Hiddleston; we knew that. And others too apparently. Not getting worked up yet. I really dislike Hiddleston (which I do tend to say every time I mention him), but I love Bond films so I'll deal with whatever happens.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Hiddleston won't go over well in NA. Most won't even harken the theatre. Hiddleston does not look convincing. Craig never looked the part but he looks convincing.

If Bell then you might as well not make the movie. Just would be a bigger insult to Bond and Fleming than SP.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The site it originated from is apparently pretty spot-on with most of their scoops. Someone mentioned that and give a few examples on the previous page or two.

@Creasy47, which exact site? I'm not seeing the link or source. I just am curious about the source. But I don't consider "talks" to be earth shattering news.
    I don't know, don't frequent the site. Like I said, it was listed a page or two back. To be fair, these "talks" are the first real bits of confirmation/news that we've had, amidst all of the many rumors.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,586
    @4EverBonded, the site is BirthMoviesDeath. I know it isn't exactly "earth shattering," but it more or less confirms the fact that EON are considering Hiddleston for the part which is pretty big in my book.
    OK I just did not know if the site was more or less valid; thanks, guys.
    Anyway, it really is a beautiful day. :) Fresh start, air cleared, infestations removed, and hoping for actual EON news relatively soon. I'm off to work in 10 minutes.

I'd love any smidgen of news on the script, setting aside actors for awhile. A great script will move the series forward no matter who plays Bond. So if anybody hears anything about the script, please do post here. Thanks.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    I don't think Hiddles has the Bond macho quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nOgDNmJExVc

From 44 seconds onwards. He just seems to lack that macho type vibe. Roger Moore - the most jokey Bond of them all - seemed more naturally macho than Mr Hiddleston.

On the plus side, he does have a nice voice. I'm sure he can act aspects of Bond but he seems too soft for the part. I dunno, why don't Eon consider non-actors (!) for the role?What I mean is some kind of X Factor type search for the new guy. It may be a pointless exercise but at least that way you try and look beyond the current acting pool.

Every actor in the world started out with zero acting experience. What I mean is, no-one is born an actor. You become one. So who knows, perhaps one or two unknowns could be encouraged to try to act the part if they were given the opportunity. But there would have to be some means within the industry to achieve that. Acting is about who you know, not just talent. If EON/MGM opened up the casting - open call casting - you have greater options. It may be pointless, they could be terrible but you open up the pool of potential talent.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 709
    Oh yeah this brings up another thing I mentioned a while ago - Piddles doing ads for Jaguar. Assuming there is a standard non-compete clause, he would not be able to advertise, pose with, or do any publicity with Aston Martin. Depending on the clause, perhaps he is not even able to do any other ad for any kind of product for a certain number of years? We all know Bond is a massive advertising juggernaut for big brands. That might not sit well with a studio looking to reap that Bond dough.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Oh yeah this brings up another thing I mentioned a while ago - Piddles doing ads for Jaguar. Assuming there is a standard non-compete clause, he would not be able to advertise, pose with, or do any publicity with Aston Martin. Depending on the clause, perhaps he is not even able to do any other ad for any kind of product for a certain number of years? We all know Bond is a massive advertising juggernaut for big brands. That might not sit well with a studio looking to reap that Bond dough.

That's a good point.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Deleted post.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm finding myself wanting Fassbender to do it...
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

chrisisall wrote: »

Me too but no one is talking to him.

He's the only one of the "candidates" mentioned by the media so far that's suitable for the part, that much is for certain.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Me too but no one is talking to him.
    Reminds me of back when I wanted Clive Owen....
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,329
    Jesus christ. If Dan doesn't return then I hope hiddlestone gets it. He's the only one mentioned who has the presence and he has something behind the eyes unlike most championed around here.
    What does being "macho' even mean in 2016?
    I really want Dan to do atleast another but I would absolutely love it if they hire tom to shut up all you whinge bags going on about machoism. I can imagine these boards when in B25 we see bonds first ever bisexual encounter. Cue anarchy and the Turner worshippers are left to cry into their boyfriends man-buns.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm all for Hiddleston and agree with you @DCisared. He has something intense underneath the surface, which he showed in The Night Manager and High-Rise. Contained intensity. I like it.

Craig has that too, but also has the macho build to go with it (which I've never been a fan of though because despite his formidable build, he's relatively short and lately looks like he's busting out of his suits due to his favoured cuts).

Hiddleston cuts a better physical profile for me. Lean and fit.

However, I realize North Americans prefer the muscle bounds generally.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    tumblr_mwzagmSbOv1qzgskgo1_500.gif

Matt Berry as Steven Toast auditioning for James Bond in Toast of London the episode Bonus Ball is hilarious. Toast gets my vote!
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I don't think Hiddles has the Bond macho quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nOgDNmJExVc

From 44 seconds onwards. He just seems to lack that macho type vibe. Roger Moore - the most jokey Bond of them all - seemed more naturally macho than Mr Hiddleston.

On the plus side, he does have a nice voice. I'm sure he can act aspects of Bond but he seems too soft for the part. I dunno, why don't Eon consider non-actors (!) for the role?What I mean is some kind of X Factor type search for the new guy. It may be a pointless exercise but at least that way you try and look beyond the current acting pool.

Every actor in the world started out with zero acting experience. What I mean is, no-one is born an actor. You become one. So who knows, perhaps one or two unknowns could be encouraged to try to act the part if they were given the opportunity. But there would have to be some means within the industry to achieve that. Acting is about who you know, not just talent. If EON/MGM opened up the casting - open call casting - you have greater options. It may be pointless, they could be terrible but you open up the pool of potential talent.

Anybody but this guy, who just reeks of un-tough Moore.