Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @GideonBond

Understand one thing, sir. @4EverBonded is a respected veteran member of this forum. You are new and far from modest it should be said. Please don't lecture us about how things get done on other forums. As a mod on this forum, I can only say we do not agree with your rudeness or spam. This exaggerated affection for what's-his-name Turner was cute at first and came close to a serious man-crush second (and there's nothing wrong with that - we understand), but ended up in an endless loop of rhetorical gibberish and we've all gotten pretty tired of that. Perhaps you should explore some other threads first, shower some love over other Bond related subjects than Mr. Turner, spend about two years making yourself very popular here and THEN go fifty rounds with well-respected members...
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @GideonBond

Understand one thing, sir. @4EverBonded is a respected veteran member of this forum. You are new and far from modest it should be said. Please don't lecture us about how things get done on other forums. As a mod on this forum, I can only say we do not agree with your rudeness or spam. This exaggerated affection for what's-his-name Turner was cute at first and came close to a serious man-crush second (and there's nothing wrong with that - we understand), but ended up in an endless loop of rhetorical gibberish and we've all gotten pretty tired of that. Perhaps you should explore some other threads first, shower some love over other Bond related subjects than Mr. Turner, spend about two years making yourself very popular here and THEN go fifty rounds with well-respected members...

I would have expected this type of reply from a member, not a moderator, who should be neutral and objective at all times. Also, Creasy47 had already settled this and you basically override his authority with your condescending tone regarding a potential Bond: "This exaggerated affection for what's-his-name Turner was cute at first and came close to a serious man-crush"

Respected member or not, within the context of the solution it was out of line. Also, just like everyone else in here you could have PMed this, instead of going the route you chose and again was disapproved by Creasy47. You (and others) have made your point in a highly condescending way. Keep up the good work. And yes, that was sarcasm. Hierarchy in forums is so pre 2005. I reckon some people are more equal than others. Way to go.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why don't you acquaint yourself with the Terms and Conditions? Shoot through that in a few hours.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1/community-terms-conditions-of-use
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    There are times when you're in a hole you should stop digging. :(
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I don't agree that a member should be deemed to be in the right simply by virtue of being around the longest. That just seems a little off to me.

I think @GideonBond has signaled several attempts to draw a line under matters. How can he possibly do more than that, without altering his views to meet with the forums liking? It seems like a pound of flesh is needed before some are satisfied.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @GideonBond

This is not a democracy or anything.
    Also, you shouldn't talk about why I addressed you in this or that manner, but instead about why I didn't do so sooner. I am neutral when it comes to people expressing their opinion but I'm not when respected members like @4EverBonded are being insulted by a newcomer. You complain about my condescending tone; I guess I took some lessons from this thread these last couple of days.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    Murdock wrote: »
    GideonBond wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Ok enough. Its bad enough to have to endure one Mendes. But can some of the Mods please Check Gideons and his I P adress. They Talk exactly in the same annoying manner and else. Thank you.

I'm afraid that's wishful thinking on your part.

If that is so, ist might end Bad for you, because I doubt many are willing to swallow two of the sort. So ist might be better for you, if you silenced your twin. We'll See, no?

How about you receive a ban for your Germglish, let alone your accusations and threats. What happened to the Germans and being civil? *restrains himself from not mentioning the war*
    Yeah, go on. Let it out, buddy. It wont be long now.

I reckon it's true what they say about the Germans. At least us Brits have a sense of humour. Here, have a look at John Cleese.

VoRxhF.gif

Highly inappropriate comments right here. Insulting someone's nationality and being rude. That's some highly suspect behavior that should be looked into by the Moderators.

The moderators have already read those comments and they were obviously said in jest. How is this not obvious to you? Unlike "respected" members who threaten and accuse like there is no tomorrow. The only thing you are doing is stirring the pot even more. Talking about pots, this is starting to look like James Bond: The Witch Trials of Salem edition. I will defend myself if I'm constantly being attacked.
    Also, you shouldn't talk about why I addressed you in this or that manner, but instead about why I didn't do so sooner. I am neutral when it comes to people expressing their opinion but I'm not when respected members like @4EverBonded are being insulted by a newcomer. You complain about my condescending tone; I guess I took some lessons from this thread these last couple of days.

All your points have been taken into account, as they were with Creasy47. I've addressed you in a civil manner thus far and I expect that from everyone else as well. Whether or not you agree with me, I feel certain members (including yourself) haven't done that. This is very much a democracy, mind you. We are equals here, however there are indeed rules. Rules have been breached from both sides. Acknowledged. Perhaps it's time to move on, because I could go on all night and honestly I do have better things to do.
    I don't think anybody mentions Tom Hardy anymore. I wouldn't want him though.

I can if you'd like? ;) He's adorable. Not that I'd want him as Bond, mind...

---
    There are times when you're in a hole you should stop digging. :(

So true. - Also: thanks for the laughs earlier.

And thank you, Dimi and Murdock.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @GideonBond Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    @GideonBond Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I can't actually believe mods aren't reprimanding you for obvious trolling. A sight to behold.

In an admittedly vain attempt to get this thread back on track, I'll contribute my mock-up of Rupert Friend as Bond.

b6825297-4c96-4528-8d8a-be60f7f6b684_zps6jiodike.jpg
    dalton wrote: »
    In an admittedly vain attempt to get this thread back on track, I'll contribute my mock-up of Rupert Friend as Bond.

That looks really good. Well done @dalton. :-bd
    Thank you, @Murdock. :)

Photoshop is not my forte, but I thought it turned out reasonably well, even if its' just a simple swapping out Roger Moore's head for Friend's. ;)
    How many of us, haven't posed like that ? ;) I even do it with power tools.
    How many of us, haven't posed like that ? ;) I even do it with power tools.

I think I'd be lying if I said I hadn't done it the small handful of times I've used power tools.

Thank you, @Murdock. :)

Photoshop is not my forte, but I thought it turned out reasonably well, even if its' just a simple swapping out Roger Moore's head for Friend's. ;)

You're welcome. It came out splendidly. I wouldn't mind seeing Friend as Bond either from that pic.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Very nice!! Send that to BB, stat!!!!
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Very nice!! Send that to BB, stat!!!!

I'll get right on that. ;) :)

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thunder Finger!

No, no good IMHO. His weasel face is offputting. He looks like he's permanently sneering. Does any woman find him sexy? And no-one called Rupert can ever be cool.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't find Rupert compelling or attractive, but I would not stoop to calling him a weasel face. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    dinovelvet wrote: »

No, no good IMHO. His weasel face is offputting. He looks like he's permanently sneering. Does any woman find him sexy? And no-one called Rupert can ever be cool.

So you're telling me Rupert Murdoch did all that just to compensate for something? ;-)

I'm not convinced either. I must say, I haven't seen any actors mentioned here that I could see play Bond sadly. BB and MGW have a really hard job if Daniel quits. Then agian, nobody expected them to come up with Dan in the first place, so there's still hope.
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote: »
    Ok enough. Its bad enough to have to endure one Mendes. But can some of the Mods please Check Gideons and his I P adress. They Talk exactly in the same annoying manner and else. Thank you.

I'm afraid that's wishful thinking on your part.

If that is so, ist might end Bad for you, because I doubt many are willing to swallow two of the sort. So ist might be better for you, if you silenced your twin. We'll See, no?

How about you receive a ban for your Germglish, let alone your accusations and threats. What happened to the Germans and being civil? *restrains himself from not mentioning the war*
    Yeah, go on. Let it out, buddy. It wont be long now.

I reckon it's true what they say about the Germans. At least us Brits have a sense of humour. Here, have a look at John Cleese.

VoRxhF.gif

Highly inappropriate comments right here. Insulting someone's nationality and being rude. That's some highly suspect behavior that should be looked into by the Moderators.

The moderators have already read those comments and they were obviously said in jest. How is this not obvious to you? Unlike "respected" members who threaten and accuse like there is no tomorrow. The only thing you are doing is stirring the pot even more. Talking about pots, this is starting to look like James Bond: The Witch Trials of Salem edition. I will defend myself if I'm constantly being attacked.

All your points have been taken into account, as they were with Creasy47. I've addressed you in a civil manner thus far and I expect that from everyone else as well. Whether or not you agree with me, I feel certain members (including yourself) haven't done that. This is very much a democracy, mind you. We are equals here, however there are indeed rules. Rules have been breached from both sides. Acknowledged. Perhaps it's time to move on, because I could go on all night and honestly I do have better things to do.

I would doubt that.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Friend could do a good job I think. There's something a little unusual about his look, but he seems rugged and confident on screen. I don't think he'd light the box office on fire though. They will have to really be good scripts if he becomes the guy eventually.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    jake24 wrote: »
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    :D

Jamie_Bell_Daniel__1218755c.jpg
    Defiance is a great film and Jamie Bell gives a charismatic performance, but I honestly cannot see him playing Bond.

Bell is wearing high heels in this film. Agreed, Defiance is class.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I have to see Defiance at some point. I'm sure Liev Schreiber dominates the screen, as he usually does.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Friend could do a good job I think. There's something a little unusual about his look, but he seems rugged and confident on screen. I don't think he'd light the box office on fire though. They will have to really be good scripts if he becomes the guy eventually.

I think the confidence he shows on screen would be a big plus. There's a scene in Homeland where he's explaining to a room of bureaucrats why their Middle Eastern strategy is ineffective that I thought he was especially good in. I think that if he bulked up just a bit (not to the extent that Craig did but just enough to bring a bit of physical menace to the part to accompany the acting chops he's displayed on Homeland), that he could be a solid successor to Craig.

He also looks a bit younger than he actually is, so that could help on the longevity front while not forcing EON into casting a 20-something to take over.

Just my .02 cents though. Doubt he gets it, but, like Cavill, he does have the previous experience with EON that previous Bonds have had prior to casting working in his favor.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

I think the confidence he shows on screen would be a big plus. There's a scene in Homeland where he's explaining to a room of bureaucrats why their Middle Eastern strategy is ineffective that I thought he was especially good in. I think that if he bulked up just a bit (not to the extent that Craig did but just enough to bring a bit of physical menace to the part to accompany the acting chops he's displayed on Homeland), that he could be a solid successor to Craig.

He also looks a bit younger than he actually is, so that could help on the longevity front while not forcing EON into casting a 20-something to take over.

Just my .02 cents though. Doubt he gets it, but, like Cavill, he does have the previous experience with EON that previous Bonds have had prior to casting working in his favor.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I have to see Defiance at some point. I'm sure Liev Schreiber dominates the screen, as he usually does.

That he does, and all three (Craig, Schreiber, and Bell) share wonderful chemistry together as brothers. Very fine WWII film.
    Defiance is a great film, I love the scene when a very sick Daniel has to
    hand out some discipline.