Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• edited December 2015 Posts: 16
    rooney mara
    Blake Livelypicture-8.html
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    adiman93 wrote: »
    rooney mara
    Rooney would be great as a cold assassin, and has already worked opposite Craig in TGWTDT
    o-ROONEY-MARA-PICTURES-570.jpg?5

• adiman93 wrote: »
    jennifer-carpenter-some-photos-from-2012-_3.jpgJennifer Carpenter

I'm sorry. She may be the worst candidate for a Bond girl job.
    She's a one-dimensional actress who isn't pretty and so skinny in every part of her body
    that she reminds me of Grace Jones.

That's it, she a white Grace Jones.
    @JohnBarryFan

She was great in Dexter
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I want Cate. Perfect age for Craig, great actress, and my favourite MI.. oh. you know the rest.
    071009-cate-blanchett-400_3.jpg?itok=XpoJ48xI
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Laura Haddock. 30 years old and looks a bit like Angelina Jolie.
  • Marion Cotillard?
    As long as Craig is Bond I hope EoN have the good sense to cast realistic and age appropriate women i.e. attractive women who are 35 and above and there really are an abundant amount of stunning actresses who fit that criteria.
  • @doubleoego: Fully agree.

The Craig era might be a good time to cast some shorter women too. I love Camille, but I always find it funny that she had to take off her shoes in the desert to make Bond look taller.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,368
    After all these years, I still want to see Tilda Swinton as a Bond girl/villain. I still believe she'd make an excellent villainous head of an organization.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    jackdagger wrote: »
    The Craig era might be a good time to cast some shorter women too. I love Camille, but I always find it funny that she had to take off her shoes in the desert to make Bond look taller.
    I think they did this with SP with Seydoux. In SF, Berenice dwarfed Craig.

I personally like taller women myself, so I'd prefer if they actually just cast a taller actor next time so they don't have to resort to film trickery to suggest height.
    If I were an actress I would sincerely doubt about playing a part in a 007 movie, generally you get poor roles with in SP Bellucci criminally underused and Seydoux war poorly used. Both excellent actresses not being served by EON at all.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah, I definitely would've enjoyed seeing more scenes with Bellucci in SP. "Criminally underused" is a good term for it.
    To be fair, love interests in the Craig era have been pretty good.....that was until Mendes came on board as director. He wasted Berenice, gave Léa next to nothing to do and just wasted Bellucci's time. It's remarkable how Mendes can waste so much great and beautiful talent.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Rebecca Hall? No. She's in a relationship with Mendes and the last thing he should be doing is directing his partner as a love interest to another man. Surely, him doing that a couple of times with Kate couldn't have been all that healthy.

And most of the times when thd director cast his wife the film turns out to be horrendous

Like :
    Swept away. Guy Ritchie directing Madonna when she was married to him
    Len Weisman directing Kate Beckinsale in Total recall

• Andrea Riseborough

Andrea-Riseborough-in-Oblivion.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I concur!!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Ana de Armas for the next younger Bond after Craig. Shes an upcoming Cuban Actress who is getting better roles in hollywood atm and will have a leading role in Blade Runner 2.
    video-exposed-ana-de-armas-on-her-character-superJumbo.jpg
    I agree with the age-appropriate thing and feel that 35+ is appropriate. You don't want Bond looking old opposite a young woman. If they did get a younger Bond girl, she should be secondary; personally I'd have swapped the screentime of Lea Seydoux and Monica Belluci the other way around.
    Yukie Nakama, because she's gorgeous.

She's a few years older than the above now, but still beautiful.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    she's definately beautiful!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Or cast Jessica Alba as Mary Goodnight.

If I were Craig, that would lure me back for one more. He has enough money.
    Or cast Jessica Alba as Mary Goodnight.

If I were Craig, that would lure me back for one more. He has enough money.

I think Rachel would object...
    If Craig stays, I recommend Carice Van Houten. She's no spring chicken but is age appropriate for him and sultry/sexy too.

carice-van-houten-681355l.jpg
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Who is she ? Mill houses older sister !....
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Who is she ? Mill houses older sister !....
    She's an accomplished Dutch actress, currently appearing in Game of Thrones. If you've not seen Black Book, I highly recommend it. Superb film.

Ok the photo above is not that flattering. Here's another one:
    MV5BMjEzNjkyNzEyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE5MDUyNg@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Great choice and great call for Black Book, remarkable film, stays with you,
    Black book is excellent. A nice change of tack from Verhoeven.

This review is hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2007/jan/19/worldcinema.thriller

It tries to slag the film off but only makes you want to go and see it more.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Black book is excellent. A nice change of tack from Verhoeven.

This review is hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2007/jan/19/worldcinema.thriller

It tries to slag the film off but only makes you want to go and see it more.

This guy is really obsessed with the toplessness. He's hardly ever seen a Dutch film I guess.