No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, they did say the next Bond film will come out on 3-4 year cycle. So, at the moment, yes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    IF Craig stays on, then October/November 2018 will be the absolute earliest we'll have it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2016 Posts: 8,188
    Well, they did say the next Bond film will come out on 3-4 year cycle. So, at the moment, yes.

No, I mean which do you guys think it will be, 3 or 4? I was thinking that with the Bond rights being up for grabs, that might throw things up in the air a little. Add to that the (possible) hunt for a new Bond actor and suddenly 4 years would seem like the safer bet. If you think about it, the last two waits between actors were 4 years and 6 years. I know Craig could still return, but with each passing day that we hear no news, that becomes less likely.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    IF Craig stays on, then October/November 2018 will be the absolute earliest we'll have it.

And if he doesn't?

No, I mean which do you guys think it will be, 3 or 4? I was thinking that with the Bond rights being up for grabs, that might throw things up in the air a little. Add to that the (possible) hunt for a new Bond actor and suddenly 4 years would seem like the safer bet. If you think about it, the last too waits between actors were 4 years and 6 years. I know Craig could still return, but with each passing day that we hear no news, that becomes less likely.
    That's a very good point. I'm with you there.

And if he doesn't?

When I master seeing into the future, I'll let you know.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    jake24 wrote: »
    Regardless of your opinion of Spectre, the franchise is still on a high. EoN now have a whole new array of talented writers, directors, and musicians to hire. They know what their mistakes were

They do??
    and now they have a chance to improve upon them.

That chance is available to them with every movie they make and yet somehow either the same mistakes are made or they end up making a whole bunch of new ones. One example being, this whole Blofeld/brother thing....I still can't get over the fact they thought it was a great idea. Jeez.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,588
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Regardless of your opinion of Spectre, the franchise is still on a high. EoN now have a whole new array of talented writers, directors, and musicians to hire. They know what their mistakes were

They do??

That chance is available to them with every movie they make and yet somehow either the same mistakes are made or they end up making a whole bunch of new ones. One example being, this whole Blofeld/brother thing....I still can't get over the fact they thought it was a great idea. Jeez.
    Well, they've read the reviews, haven't they?
    EoN now has new blood to work with. Purvis and Wade are gone, as is Mendes, which likely removes Newman from the picture. Now that these people are gone, a large chunk of the Bond franchise is an empty canvas.

They do??

A large chunk of the Bond franchise is an empty canvas.

This is actually quite nice to hear, strangely. I feel like the latest scripts have felt very dated, and I haven't really been wowed by a score since CR. I'm ready for a shake up.
    This is all happening at the same time, with Bond possibly switching studio, and Craig potentially quitting, we may be witnessing a new dawn.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City

They do??

A large chunk of the Bond franchise is an empty canvas.

This is actually quite nice to hear, strangely. I feel like the latest scripts have felt very dated, and I haven't really been wowed by a score since CR. I'm ready for a shake up.
    This is all happening at the same time, with Bond possibly switching studio, and Craig potentially quitting, we may be witnessing a new dawn.

Daniel Craig should have one more Bond film in 2018 and then he might be in favour to play Doctor Who in 2019.
    If we dont hear anything by the end of this year in terms of director or whether or not Craig will return then I believe we wont get the film in 2018.

We knew director & release date for SP in July of 2013.
    @Tuck91, I won't count it out by that point. It's always possible that they get a lot of it squared away come March or April in 2017, with more news and information being released, and then they shoot at the end of next year. I'd say if we're getting to this point next year and we know the same stuff we know now, then it won't be coming until 2019 at the earliest.
  • Do we know Purvis and Wade are gone?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Do we know Purvis and Wade are gone?
    All but officially confirmed. They were supposed to be gone after QoS, they came back for SF, and were begged to return for SP. I think it's safe to say the producers are done with them.
    That's a good feeling. Hopefully they can get a solid writer(s) to deliver something incredible.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    I'll believe it when it's confirmed and when there's no "polite turmoil" nonsense going on.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I am a Craig fan but after SP I think it's time to go.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    But if they were "begged" to return for SP it looks like BB and/or MGW really want them around, possibly for more Bond movies.
    But if they were "begged" to return for SP it looks like BB and/or MGW really want them around, possibly for more Bond movies.
    They only begged them because they needed an emergency rewrite and didn't have time to go through a whole new hiring process.
    They only begged them because they needed an emergency rewrite and didn't have time to go through a whole new hiring process.

Exactly.

My main worry with regards to the next one is that they'll return to P&W as the main writers after how bad it turned out having someone else handle the initial scripting duties for Spectre.

Please, no Purvis & Wade, and neither any of the Skyfall team on board other than Roger Deakins, perhaps. I don't want the next one to have the feel and tone of that film and its successor. More originality is appreciated.
    Yeah, give Jez a chance.
    Villeneuve and Deakins would be free after 'Blade Runner 2'...
    They need a clean break from the writing team of Spectre. None of them should be considered as possibilities to write Bond 25.
    Villeneuve and Deakins would be free after 'Blade Runner 2'...
    That would be beyond fantastic. Wasn't BR2 pushed forward?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yes it has been.
    @jake24, indeed, moved from January 2018 to October 2017.
    I am a bit annoyed there is no official news at all at this point. Even Indy 5 has a release date, the director and star signed up, and a writer on board writing the script as we speak and it's not coming out until 2019. Lame.
    It's only been five months since Spectre was released. By that same token, Indiana Jones 5 will have had an 11-year gap between films.

If anything, EON might need a bit more time to recalculate where to take the franchise given that Spectre wasn't as well received as Skyfall.
    Even the Bonds with 2 year gaps didn't announce much until well into the in between year. If B25 does get a 2018 release date we really may not get any substantial news until late next year...say around fall. I just hope we get distributor and release date news this year. Otherwise I'm not expecting much.