Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Reloaded has a more consistent story, but it's also only based on one film as opposed to six.
    Take it like this. 007 Legends was an expansion pack for GoldenEye 007: Reloaded by the looks of it. Given the choice they had, I know Activision would've done such thing, perhaps releasing DLCs that would help you unlock the gadgets in the GoldenEye missions, too, such as the laser watch, dart pen, etc. ;)

Maybe. I was happy with Reloaded, though. I knew it wasn't going to be the mega-hit the original GoldenEye ended up being because it was trying to be a mega-hit, while the original GoldenEye was a total surprise hit. It wasn't a great game, and it wasn't a bad game. It was average, and that was all I was expected.

Sad thing, though, is that I wrote a "remake" fanfic novelization of GoldenEye tailored to the Craig Bond that ended up a bit more faithful.
    I wanted to like it. I wanted to. But, I couldn't. The Call Of Duty gameplay just puts me off. But, I have to admit, I loved the Severnaya Infiltration level a lot.

Have you uploaded it anywhere? I'd like to give it a read, if you don't mind, of course.

I get the COD influence throws people off. It would have thrown me off as well, if not for Craig's voice, to be honest.

As for the fanfic, it's right here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6144050/1/GoldenEye-2010

I've written other Bond fanfics as well, though I pretty much abandoned my account.
    Sure it "satified" me because I am in no power to change it so it's silly to complain about it

When I get a working PS2 I plan on replaying all the "modern games" in order from agent under fire - legends
  • It shouldn't do - it's a glaring gap in the market to make proper well made spy games. Not call of duty clones.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's really good. That's a good cast too. I wouldn't have thought of Katee Sackhoff for Zoe Nightshade, so props to whomever suggested her.

Thanks Major, As I was making it I was thinking of potential candidates, I thought Katee would be good then I saw a picture of her from 24 that just so happened to look exactly how Zoe looked and I knew I had found my live action Zoe. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Reloaded has a more consistent story, but it's also only based on one film as opposed to six.
    Take it like this. 007 Legends was an expansion pack for GoldenEye 007: Reloaded by the looks of it. Given the choice they had, I know Activision would've done such thing, perhaps releasing DLCs that would help you unlock the gadgets in the GoldenEye missions, too, such as the laser watch, dart pen, etc. ;)

Maybe. I was happy with Reloaded, though. I knew it wasn't going to be the mega-hit the original GoldenEye ended up being because it was trying to be a mega-hit, while the original GoldenEye was a total surprise hit. It wasn't a great game, and it wasn't a bad game. It was average, and that was all I was expected.

Sad thing, though, is that I wrote a "remake" fanfic novelization of GoldenEye tailored to the Craig Bond that ended up a bit more faithful.
    I wanted to like it. I wanted to. But, I couldn't. The Call Of Duty gameplay just puts me off. But, I have to admit, I loved the Severnaya Infiltration level a lot.

Have you uploaded it anywhere? I'd like to give it a read, if you don't mind, of course.

I get the COD influence throws people off. It would have thrown me off as well, if not for Craig's voice, to be honest.

As for the fanfic, it's right here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6144050/1/GoldenEye-2010

I've written other Bond fanfics as well, though I pretty much abandoned my account.
    @Agent007391, that was hell of a read. Some scenes remade, some elements newly added, and as opposed to what some people would've thought like you pointed out in the Author's Notes, I actually like Trevelyan being the more seasoned agent than what Bond is, along with them meeting for the first time. If I were to change something, I would've made the final fight more fast paced, cutting off the bit where Bond went fully vulnerable... Along with some other bits. I love how the pen was used to stop the dish instead of a chained pipe blocking the machine. The chapter where Bond and Natalya are in Bond's flat was a very nice touch. All in all, it was a spectacular amalgamation of the film, the N64 video game, and the feel of the first Daniel Craig Bond universe (pre-Skyfall).

P.S. Tanner had the best line in my opinion when he claimed Xenia must be squeezing the life out of the helicopter. That made me really laugh. Good stuff!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sackhoff is terribly underrated and she's one of the first to come to mind anytime I think of a badass feminine role. Loved her in 'Riddick,' have been a fan of her for a while since 'Nip/Tuck,' so props to you for including her, @Murdock!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Sackhoff is terribly underrated and she's one of the first to come to mind anytime I think of a badass feminine role. Loved her in 'Riddick,' have been a fan of her for a while since 'Nip/Tuck,' so props to you for including her, @Murdock!

Agreed. I haven't seen her in a lot of movies but I have seen her primarily in Battlestar Galactica and she's really good in that. Very kickass. I think she'd have made a great Zoe Nightshade.
    I do like Sackhoff a lot, but if we are talking about a 2002 year time, she'd be too young to be a Bond Girl (22 years old only). To suggest someone high profile and suitable for the time, I think Jeri Ryan would've made hell of a Zoe Nightshade opposite Brosnan's Bond.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

@Agent007391, that was hell of a read. Some scenes remade, some elements newly added, and as opposed to what some people would've thought like you pointed out in the Author's Notes, I actually like Trevelyan being the more seasoned agent than what Bond is, along with them meeting for the first time. If I were to change something, I would've made the final fight more fast paced, cutting off the bit where Bond went fully vulnerable... Along with some other bits. I love how the pen was used to stop the dish instead of a chained pipe blocking the machine. The chapter where Bond and Natalya are in Bond's flat was a very nice touch. All in all, it was a spectacular amalgamation of the film, the N64 video game, and the feel of the first Daniel Craig Bond universe (pre-Skyfall).

P.S. Tanner had the best line in my opinion when he claimed Xenia must be squeezing the life out of the helicopter. That made me really laugh. Good stuff!

I was told by a few there through private messages that it was the best of my Bond fanfics.

I was told by a few there through private messages that it was the best of my Bond fanfics.
    Any chance of getting the third chapter of the Quantum Trilogy?

There's also that little fact of I stopped midway through part 2. I've often considered getting back into Bond fanfics, but then I just sorta stop halfway between conceiving the idea and "James Bond walked into a room".

There's also that little fact of I stopped midway through part 2. I've often considered getting back into Bond fanfics, but then I just sorta stop halfway between conceiving the idea and "James Bond walked into a room".
    I know the feeling.
    @Agent007391, I gave up writing many years back because of that reason: got too caught up in the little details and making the scene come alive that I'd end up spending weeks on the first page, making no progress.
    I haven't outright given up writing, I just write more original stories now. So long as I live, I'll never give up writing.
    I haven't outright given up writing, I just write more original stories now. So long as I live, I'll never give up writing.

It's something I've debated getting back into ever since. Maybe one day it'll click in my head and I'll open up my laptop and begin typing, who knows.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    this was my answer to 007 Legends... except my version was called 007 Legacy - in which you could be every Bond... It would be level based, much like Legends - except i wouldn't pretend or lie in saying that all Bond's would connect in one big overarching story... no... you'd probably get 4 or 5 levels devoted to each Bond and a specific film... i think i had settled on YOLT - OHMSS - TSWLM - TLD - DAD - SP

Bondps4legacy_zps2rnou1rd.jpg

my attempt at a Bond game if Rockstar were to take the Bond license... and in my own perfect world - it would follow the Gardner novels (updated for current times of course)

BondPS4_zpsbee5e076.jpg
    HASEROT wrote: »
    my attempt at a Bond game if Rockstar were to take the Bond license... and in my own perfect world - it would follow the Gardner novels (updated for current times of course)

BondPS4_zpsbee5e076.jpg

I want this.
    You guys mind if I post screenshots of GTA V with mods and some photoshops to make it look like a Bond game? Just for some concept and fun.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 462
    Mission 1 of Project: GoldenEye has been released. You can find more details on it here: http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=313

Here's a preview of the level again:

Mission 2 (of 20) has been been developed for some time. Here are the first two images from level 2.

fnVuhTo.png
    NCj3X0G.png

Let me know what you guys think! Would love to hear some feedback.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can anyone explain why Camille Montes is changed to Camille Rivera in the QoS game?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why Camille Montes is changed to Camille Rivera in the QoS game?

Could be that the developers didn't know her last name. An earlier version of the script could have also had her surname as Rivera, but rewrites or even on-set ad-libs changed it to Montes.
    Quantum of Solace the game was built on an early draft of the film's script where her character was still called Camille Riviera. I think in the film, the surname Riviera is visible on her identification.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Interesting, thanks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder how much of the QoS game was what the film almost was? Like taking down Medrano as he ran for a helicopter (PS2), or seeing more of Bond fighting off men at White's mansion. Makes one wonder.
    If you also notice in the production videos of the game, Gemma Arterton also appears briefly, laughing excitedly as she holds a script in her hand... which makes me wonder... why did they have to cut her out of the game, again?
    Why is Mathis and Leiter cut out of the game as well
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hey, @Risico007. Sorry about no E3 Bond news, chap. I know you were hoping for it.
    Yeah I was disappointed as there were a few games I was hoping for

1. Bond game: at least a distributer
    2. Son of batman: nothing happens there sigh
    3. Splinter cell 7

Oh well
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Why is Mathis and Leiter cut out of the game as well
    They were cut out for a reason, too. In the PS3/X360/PC versions, when you wander around MI-6, you'll notice some storyboards from Casino Royale that had both Leiter and Felix in it. QoS had become a mistake when they made a game that only jumped from a level to a level without making sense.
    QoS is jumpy, but it's probably one of my favorite PS2 games of all time, and my favorite Bond game. I'd love to see a remaster that buffed up the controls a bit and didn't make it so stiff.

I wish EON could manage to do what Sony have done with Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man game and vow to only make games with characters that tell original stories, separated from the films. Bloodstone was great, and if EON could find a studio to team up with that had great talent behind it, great things could be done. I really want to play Bloodstone right now, actually.

Going forward, forcing studios to follow a story concept from a movie is too controlling and doesn't allow for the freeing creativity needed to really do something special with a Bond game, especially when a deadline rush is on.