Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    WINNER! :D
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Alright guys here it is! My wallpaper for Agent Under Fire the Movie.
    007_agent_under_fire_movie_wallpaper_by_comandercool22-d9z9l8u.jpg

Starring
    Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
    Katee Sackhoff as Zoe Nightshade
    Jean Reno as Nigel Bloch
    Elizabeth Hurley as Adrian Malprave
    Gillian Anderson as Carla the Jackal
    John Cleese as R.
    and Judi Dench as M.

I think I just found the new wallpaper for my computer.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think I just found the new wallpaper for my computer.
    Excellent choice. It's mine too. :D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 5,185
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I have said it Before and I will say it again Eon and Ubisoft need to come to agreement and the next game should be Colonel Sun based on the novel with either Craig as 007 or if he is really gone and we have a bit of between bond phase then bring back Sir Timothy Dalton and use his likeness (Moore and Lazenby would never agree and we already have Brosnan Connery and Craig) and there you go... Heck you can even bring Dame Judi Dench back as M (Goldeneye was her first film but I don't believe it is stated how long she was M and besides Dalton and Brosnan are playing the same bond so why can't Dalton's M be bossed around by dench's M) and there you go obviously of Craig is still bond do he story with him as 007 and Fiennes as M and there you have it make the novel (and the game) cinematic and beautiful and really take the player through a classic bond novel that will never be developed as a film this way All parties are happy and everyone will make a lot of money on this.

I'm with you on adapting colonel Sun into a Video game, Or even any one of the better continuation novels. But i don't want the likeness of any Bond actor for that character. Motion capturing and Story telling in Video games has evolved so rapidly in the last ten years that now the Video game James Bond could be entirely his own character. that way a game series could be created that Has it's own identity and is somewhat detached and free from the Movies. Think of the Arkham series that also Has its own look for all the characters.
    The Same thing was done in the new Bond Comic series from Dynamite and I thought that was briliant.
    Bring this Bond back! :-bd
    007auf054.jpg?1323961441
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    007auf054.jpg?1323961441

Give him a little scar on the cheek and he's good to go ;)
    00Agent wrote: »
    007auf054.jpg?1323961441

Give him a little scar on the cheek and he's good to go ;)
    I don't think we're just ready for the scar yet, but I'd love to have THIS Bond on board for the next video game. Definitely the action man Bond if it's video games we have in mind. And I'd love to have the game done in the spirit of EA's Original Trilogy, story-wise. And bring back Andrew Bicknell to voice this Bond.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I have said it Before and I will say it again Eon and Ubisoft need to come to agreement and the next game should be Colonel Sun based on the novel with either Craig as 007 or if he is really gone and we have a bit of between bond phase then bring back Sir Timothy Dalton and use his likeness (Moore and Lazenby would never agree and we already have Brosnan Connery and Craig) and there you go... Heck you can even bring Dame Judi Dench back as M (Goldeneye was her first film but I don't believe it is stated how long she was M and besides Dalton and Brosnan are playing the same bond so why can't Dalton's M be bossed around by dench's M) and there you go obviously of Craig is still bond do he story with him as 007 and Fiennes as M and there you have it make the novel (and the game) cinematic and beautiful and really take the player through a classic bond novel that will never be developed as a film this way All parties are happy and everyone will make a lot of money on this.

I'm with you on adapting colonel Sun into a Video game, Or even any one of the better continuation novels. But i don't want the likeness of any Bond actor for that character. Motion capturing and Story telling in Video games has evolved so rapidly in the last ten years that now the Video game James Bond could be entirely his own character. that way a game series could be created that Has it's own identity and is somewhat detached and free from the Movies. Think of the Arkham series that also Has its own look for all the characters.
    The Same thing was done in the new Bond Comic series from Dynamite and I thought that was briliant.

The issue is apart from hard core bond fans like us most want to play a recognizable bond actor and even though many will praise Arkham series for its original take on batman was it really that original when both Conroy and Hamil came back?

While I can understand the want of an original bond the games the truth is most casual fans of the characters only associate the games with the films and the 6 actors to play him (though I would laugh at the idea of a David Niven 007 or Barry Nelson 007 video game) like I said I understand the comic books and novels are their own thing this is true but EON won't allow it nor should they the video game and film franchises should feed off each other and help promote the franchise in general. When done well it can help fans enjoy their favorite character case in point during the mgm hiatus (which we are again in now) it allows to ease the pain but get fans their bond out put video games like Everything or Nothing Goldneye 007 (2010) and Bloodstone allow Eon to move forward with their bond licence while the franchise is in a sort of limbo and it gives new original stories with those actors we love and enjoy. Doing Colonel Sun and Licence renewed etc gets IFP interested too and helps promote all elements of the bond franchise

1. Keeps EON invested and keeps fans happy showing bond in new original stories while MGM basically does nothing
    2. Keeps IFP happy as they can rerelease the bond novels the games are based on
    3. Keeps gamers happy with engaging stories and fun gameplay

Everyone wins!!!!

But of course they won't do it
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    @Murdock's wallpaper got me thinking, Jean Reno would make a decent henchman in a Bond movie.
    Goldeneye will always be my favourite though when it first was released on N64 it was ground breaking. I later got the updated version of the game on the Wii, bought a few guns attempt to play that version with.

Which Brosnan game had the embassey in? Was it Agent Under Fire?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Goldeneye will always be my favourite though when it first was released on N64 it was ground breaking. I later got the updated version of the game on the Wii, bought a few guns attempt to play that version with.

Yes. Loved that segment.
    jake24 wrote: »

Yes. Loved that segment.
    Was a good game Agent Under Fire, remember little of Nightfire though played Everything or Nothing quite a bit.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Murdock great posters! You need to make one for EA's FRWL.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @Murdock great posters! You need to make one for EA's FRWL.
    Thanks @jake24, that's on my to do list. :)
    An updated Nightfire Wallpaper. ;)
    007_nightfire_movie_wallpaper_by_comandercool22-d9zbcdo.jpg

Starring
    Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
    Jimmy Smits as Raphael Drake
    Lucy Lui as Makiko Hayashi
    Peta Wilson as Alura McCall
    Laetitia Casta as Dominique Paradis
    Dwayne Johnson as Rook
    Not 'nearly' civilized, but perfectly civilized! ;)
    http://gamerant.com/goldeneye-007-sequel-opinion/

Heck I would take classic goldeneye on Xbox live

Actually if you could have 3 games on Xbox live/psn network which games would you choose

1. PS2 version of Quantum of Solace
    2. From Russia with Love
    3. The World is not enough N64 version
    Easy:

1.Agent Under Fire
    2.Nightfire
    3.Everything or Nothing
    Everything or Nothing movie wallpaper finished! Now to begin work on EA's FRWL. :D
    007_everything_or_nothing_movie_wallpaper_by_comandercool22-d9ze8fv.jpg
    Everything or Nothing movie wallpaper finished! Now to begin work on EA's FRWL. :D
    007_everything_or_nothing_movie_wallpaper_by_comandercool22-d9ze8fv.jpg

Thats the best yet, very good @Murdock.

Thank you @fire_and_ice. :D

Going to have to try my hand at this, the Harrier Jet over the Car looks cool, great pose from Klum very Bond.

Going to have to try my hand at this, the Harrier Jet over the Car looks cool, great pose from Klum very Bond.

Yes I had the most difficult time with this one as EON is packed with so many great moments It was hard figuring out how to represent all the best ones not toe mention finding a good backdrop to use. I've had a great time working on these though. FRWL the game version will be fun to do next. :)
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432

Yes I had the most difficult time with this one as EON is packed with so many great moments It was hard figuring out how to represent all the best ones not toe mention finding a good backdrop to use. I've had a great time working on these though. FRWL the game version will be fun to do next. :)

Maybe a slight nod to Ghost Protocol with the Kremlin, (assuming thats the Kremlin) in the back drop. ;) I can imagine, no doubt alot of attention on the theme of the game itself brings elements into focus.

Maybe a slight nod to Ghost Protocol with the Kremlin, (assuming thats the Kremlin) in the back drop. ;) I can imagine, no doubt alot of focus on the theme of the game itself brings elements into focus.

I didn't think about that, great find. I'm very happy with how it came out. Makes me wish they were movies now.

Oh AUF. The Bond game that should of been a movie IMO.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Oh AUF. The Bond game that should of been a movie IMO.

It certainlty had a good narrative.

Maybe a slight nod to Ghost Protocol with the Kremlin, (assuming thats the Kremlin) in the back drop. ;) I can imagine, no doubt alot of focus on the theme of the game itself brings elements into focus.

I didn't think about that, great find. I'm very happy with how it came out. Makes me wish they were movies now.

Its amazes me and this is not exclusive to Bond, many games over the years are written superbly in some case better than similar films.

@Murdock, if you could alter Brosnan's suit colours with grey becoming beige and black shirt becoming white, darken the hair colour a little, then it's perfection. If you're not available on it, may I try my hand at modifying your work?
    @ClarkDevlin, That shouldn't be a problem. I certainly can fix that in no time. :)
    @ClarkDevlin, That shouldn't be a problem. I certainly can fix that in no time. :)
    Cool! Keep the masterpieces coming! :D