HERE BE SPOILERS - Skyfall Codename Conspiracy

Comments

• I will reiterate a point which got lost because it was an edit

It is possible that Moore's Bond was good friends with Lazenby's. I have already said this but nobody seems to take much notice.

You seem to think this absurd enough to dismiss, but don't find DAF's treatment of post Tracy Bond absurd enough to dismiss it's the same person. E.g. Moneypenny asking for a ring.

That's the double standards going on here
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @DaltonCraig007, I asked that very question yesterday. @Mendes4Lyfe answered it as follows:
    1. Think about it, in the event of James Bond dying, the best cover name possible is James Bond. The enemy would be like, "nonsense, James Bond is dead. That doesn't even look like James Bond." Remember how in TB that official reacted when Bond told him that he had seen Derval dead. "No, not possible, sir."
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    @bondjames no mention of 'Tracy' in LTK. No need for it be same wife.
    That is a valid point.

It's an invalid point. Unless you're happy for the clunky dialogue, 'He was married once. She was called Tracy'. Or the more subtle former part that tells you all you need to know, unless you're a child, or again, (it's a recurring theme this) mentally ill.

You're right, everyone who's ever lost a wife is the same person.

You're a kid sat in the cinema in 1989. You hear the line, 'He was married once, but it was a long time ago.' You turn to your father, 'Dad, when was James Bond married?'. The reply, 'In OHMSS'.

My dog just explained that me and he's only just had science grant him the status of 'sentient'.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    But you and Mendes4Lyfe are saying that each new Bond are memory wiped once they get the code name, so how can Roger Moore remember he was friends with Lazenby if 1) he was memory wiped in 1973, and 2) George Lazenby was shot and thrown off a van in 1969?
  • But you and Mendes4Lyfe are saying that each new Bond are memory wiped once they get the code name, so how can Roger Moore remember he was friends with Lazenby if 1) he was memory wiped in 1973, and 2) George Lazenby was shot and thrown off a van in 1969?

He became friends after memory wipe?
    But you and Mendes4Lyfe are saying that each new Bond are memory wiped once they get the code name, so how can Roger Moore remember he was friends with Lazenby if 1) he was memory wiped in 1973, and 2) George Lazenby was shot and thrown off a van in 1969?
    These are competing theories by the advocates of codename. Mendes4Lyfe is a proponent of memory wipe and I think Oddjobs_hat is a believer in the friend theory (whether there is any murder of a predecessor involved despite such friendship is not clear at this point).
  • RC7 wrote: »
    That is a valid point.

It's an invalid point. Unless you're happy for the clunky dialogue, 'He was married once. She was called Tracy'. Or the more subtle former part that tells you all you need to know, unless you're a child, or again, (it's a recurring theme this) mentally ill.

You're a kid sat in the cinema in 1989. You hear the line, 'He was married once, but it was a long time ago.' You turn to your father, 'Dad, when was James Bond married?'. The reply, 'In OHMSS'.

My dog just explained that me and he's only just had science grant him the status of 'sentient'.

It's a perfectly reasonable assumption, but it is not proof.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm still waiting on @M_Balje to give us his view on the codename theory.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I don't know RC7's dog is pretty smart. :D
  • bondjames wrote: »
    These are competing theories by the advocates of codename. Mendes4Lyfe is a proponent of memory wipe and I think Oddjobs_hat is a believer in the friend theory (whether there is any murder of a predecessor involved despite such friendship is not clear at this point).

Haven't you heard, we're the same person :)
    Only takes two to start a Cult. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    That is a valid point.

It's beyond reasonable doubt.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

He became friends after memory wipe?

They are e-mail friends. They tell each other jokes.

After another memory wipe, the same joke is just as funny the next day.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I've been a member of this forum for almost three years (a fraction compared to some of our more seasoned members) and have contributed to the forum more than 4000 times (again, a mere amount compared to others).

It's safe to say that I have seen it all, from @DoubleOhDad's fetish for Roger Moore and his flailing around like pastry on top Octopussy's train, to the postings of our very own Blofeld, @Kristartos- from Wave-Link (trust me, I just know), to @IGUANNA and his rather raunchy fan-fiction.

But never have I read such complete and utter horse shite that has been posted by our nouvelle vague of codename conspiracists.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,117
    That is a valid point.

So you, and presumably your poodle (apologies if I've got that the wrong way round - I'm not sure which of you is the monkey/organ grinder in the relationship), consider everything that is not expressly spelled out in the films as entirely possible?

Because they don't tell us he doesn't then I suppose it's possible Bond goes home every night to his house in Crinkley Bottom where he is shacked up with Mr Blobby and Rod Hull & Emu and instead of playing bridge spends his evenings eating sugar puffs straight out of the packet while watching Cash in the Attic and being fellated by Bella Emberg and Rusty Lee.*

There's no proof he doesn't do this so does that make it a credible premise? I guess for some people it does.

* Inbetween visiting the graves of colleague's dead relatives obviously.
    Wizard did i see you off in the distance at a graveyard today I had just laid flowers at all the graves and the I saw a chap doing the same thing I was going to say hi but I feared I would not be able to get the next grave yard in time.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Wizard did i see you off in the distance at a graveyard today I had just laid flowers at all the graves and the I saw a chap doing the same thing I was going to say hi but I feared I would not be able to get the next grave yard in time.

Could be. I'm getting through about 15 visits a day at the moment.

If you're worried about getting enough visits in I've developed a time saving method where I drive past the grave playing the theme tune from Return of the Saint and just lob the flowers out of the window.

Shaves about 4 minutes off the average visit so should allow you to squeeze two or three more in per day.

I'm thinking of other time saving methods. Could you fly a drone to drop some flowers at the grave or do you have to go in person?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I wonder if when Mendes4Lyfe will die someone else will be brainwashed and will be given his username and will also have to pay homage to Mendes4Lyfe's dead relatives.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    That is a valid point.

No it's not reasonable lol. No evidence at all. One poster pointed out interview with Wilson that stated the grave in FYOE was Tracy's.

WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??

The only thing the codename theory proves is that it's proponents are way off and don't know much about Bond and the history of Bond.

Wasn't there a member who had this theory on how the film DAF was a dream because the first thing Roger Moore does in LALD is waking up in bed?
    It's also a sell known fact to Fans, that the graveyard scene in FYEO was to
    introduce a new actor ( James Brolin) as the new Bond. So it would act as
    some continuity telling the audience that this was the same Bond as all
    those actors who'd come and gone. Same character, same story line. :)
    same history.
    That graveyard scene is an excellent one. Sadly spoiled to a degree by the comedic nature of Ernst's appearance and the accompanying score when Bond regains control of the helicopter. Still love the segue in from the gunbarrel to Bond walking to the tombstone..
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @bondjames, tell me what you think of this version. :)
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,690
    double post.
    @Murdock that video sent chills down my spine. Well done!
    Perfect @Murdock. That would have been the way to do it actually, incorporating a bit of OHMSS, since this is Bond taking revenge for Tracy (I'm sorry codename theorists, but this is what I choose to believe) and a callback to that film would have been the right play rather than 'disco city'. A shame.
    Thank you both. I really enjoyed doing that. It's a shame we didn't get a musical comebac in the actual film. I wonder what Bill Conti's version of the OHMSS theme would have sounded like. An interesting idea. And the nice thing about it is I somewhat intentionally drowned out the "delicatessen in stainless steel line."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Murdock wrote: »
    And the nice thing about it is I somewhat intentionally drowned out the "delicatessen in stainless steel line."
    That line is a travesty and unbecoming of such an important scene in Bond folklore, so agree that drowing it out helps.

I think Conti could have done an excellent updated version of OHMSS, or at least incorporated elements well, since he seemed to be able to do it well with the Bond theme. That would have been great, given they couldn't use the Blofeld name at that time, but could at least have used the music to evoke the emotion.
    Murdock wrote: »
    And the nice thing about it is I somewhat intentionally drowned out the "delicatessen in stainless steel line."
    That line is a travesty and unbecoming of such an important scene in Bond folklore, so agree that drowing it out helps.

I think Conti could have done an excellent updated version of OHMSS, or at least incorporated elements well, since he seemed to be able to do it well with the Bond theme. That would have been great, given they couldn't use the Blofeld name at that time, but could at least have used the music to evoke the emotion.

Agreed, the line is rather silly even though I don't mind that it was Blofeld's true end.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 79
    Personally, I just enjoy the films and don't care about 'Bond lore' and continuity. But for those that need continuity, codename is the only game in town.
This discussion has been closed.