HERE BE SPOILERS - Skyfall Codename Conspiracy

Comments

• RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »
    Can anybody explain why the hell this thread is still active?

It's still active because people sense there is some truth to it. If it was obvious nonsense as some here protest, wouldn't stating that once suffice?

Exaggerated ridicule can be an effective weapon to suppress unpopular truths.

Not saying it is true, just saying some here fear that it is.

Some 'fear' it is. Ha ha, you couldn't make this shit up. Brilliant.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes total bullcrap :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2016 Posts: 8,083
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Can anybody explain why the hell this thread is still active?

It's still active because people sense there is some truth to it. If it was obvious nonsense as some here protest, wouldn't stating that once suffice?

Exaggerated ridicule can be an effective weapon to suppress unpopular truths.

Not saying it is true, just saying some here fear that it is.

Some 'fear' it is. Ha ha, you couldn't make this shit up. Brilliant.

Col-Jessup.jpg

Finally you deliver on your evidence? Pretty persuasive.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ralph Fiennes is running out of patience while waiting for Mendes4Lyfe's evidence.

landscape_showbiz-venice-film-festival-ralph-fiennes-01.jpg
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,117
    latest?cb=20110922191249

'@Mendes4lyfe I knew you'd come.'
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Watching an old Sean Lock DVD, a sequence reminded me of this thread.
    To paraphrase the comedian .....
    " Some scientists make a statement, then go off to find evidence and facts to
    Support their argument ! ...... I'm not like that. I say what I want and know I'm
    Right. To look for evidence...... I don't bother with all that..... It would only show
    Disbelief in Myself !" :))
    I think Mendes and Oddjob are followers of the Church of Sean. :D
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2016 Posts: 3,157
    This is us after Mendes4Lyfe explained the codename theory:

maxresdefault.jpg
    'Luke, Obi Wan never told you about @Mendes4lyfe's codename theory evidence'

'Noooo!'

maxresdefault.jpg

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Welcome to the Age of Bond Enlightenment.
    You're a kite dancing in a hurricane, mister @Mendes4Lyfe
  • The fact that it has never been contradicted is an indirect proof, because it would have been very easy to establish that each Bond is the same. What's more, there are numerous things in the series which suggest they are not the same person. But these you just dismiss as continuity errors so there is no debate when minds are so closed.
    I have a new theory; James Bond is a Time Lord - that has never been contradicted, so that's an indirect proof this theory is true.
    The fact that it has never been contradicted is an indirect proof, because it would have been very easy to establish that each Bond is the same. What's more, there are numerous things in the series which suggest they are not the same person. But these you just dismiss as continuity errors so there is no debate when minds are so closed.

The last refuge of the religious nutter.

Just because you cannot prove something doesn't exist it doesn't automatically follow that therefore it must exist.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Or how about each new Bond is in a different universe! I mean, it has never been contradicted after all, so that's an indirect proof that this theory is true!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The parents for Connery Bond, Lazenby Bond, Moore Bond and Dalton Bond are alive, as no one ever mentioned their death by climbing accident in their respective films !!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited April 2016 Posts: 5,080
    Back in the day, Bond used to have weekly jacuzzis with Vera Duckworth. Well, you can't disprove it therefore it has some credibility, does it not?
    How about each new Bond is a terminator created in Q's lab? It has never been contradicted after all.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    That would explain at lot actually!
    Back in the day, Bond used to have weekly jacuzzis with Vera Duckworth. Well, you can't disprove it therefore it has some credibility, does it not?

:)) And Reg Holdsworth is actually Blofeld!

The whole Bond and Corrie universes are intertwined since 1962.

No one has come out and said that's not true so therefore it must be at least credible right?
    The fact that it has never been contradicted is an indirect proof, because it would have been very easy to establish that each Bond is the same. What's more, there are numerous things in the series which suggest they are not the same person. But these you just dismiss as continuity errors so there is no debate when minds are so closed.

Wait I am sorry have you seen Licence to kill and Die another day?

Both films bond is not 007 not even slightly and yet he is still called James Bond. And before you say Iceland was a sanctioned mission in die another day re watch it again Q points out clearly "it's called the future so get used to it 000"

Not 007 000 so clearly if the joke is meant to be believed M might of brought in a new agent to be 007 yet James Bond is still James Bond!!!!!!
  • oh dear people reading only the first part of my post and then not even properly.

'Just because you cannot prove something doesn't exist it doesn't automatically follow that therefore it must exist.'

Total strawman, I never said it did. I didn't even say that meant it was credible. I said it would have been very easy to establish each Bond was the same, yet for some reason it never happened.

Also, no one read the second part of my post. The 'other fella' in OHMSS. Bond not knowing chinese in TND. I could go on but I'm sure you know the inconsistencies already.
    I am sorry about the whole bond can't read Manderin two in universe explanations

1. He can speak it fluently but can't read the characters which makes sense as I know of a lot of people in China who can speak English flawlessly but when pres noted with an English book it becomes clear they can't read English just speak it (like I can wih German and Hebrew)

2. With all bond does its possible even probable that by the events of college his language skills might be extremely rusty as he doesn't practice his skills every day (a common trait of the film bond and Fleming Benson Deaver and I believe Gardener's bond was a complete waste of down time between missions not spending it relearning skills but rather drinking and being remorseful that he wasn't on assignment)

So Wizard it appears we not only have to drop flowers at the graves of all former collegues but now we have to relearn any language we may have learned in school years ago so we can read and write it fluently how does one expect to save the world or indeed do anything if one is studying language and dropping flowers of at every grave site known to man.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    YOU ARE ALL WRONG
    WRONG
    WRONG
    WRONG

James Bond is an officer of the temporal police force send back to correct the timeline. He already failed 5 times, his 6th attempt is seen in CR to SP so far.
    The only mystery here is what the temporal police is so desperately trying to correct.
    If the 6th attempt fails too, the next one will look like this:
    full.jpg
    I said it would have been very easy to establish each Bond was the same, yet for some reason it never happened.

Because they are making films about a bloke called 'James Bond'. The clue is that they are a series of films about the same character and they presumably think that their audience has an IQ slightly higher than a stale bread roll. What is you want to understand this? A title card like the 'The name Zorin does not refer to a real company' one in AVTAK saying 'For the terminally thick, although the guy playing him is different this is still a film about James Bond hence it starts with the GB, has the Bond theme and everyone refers to him as James Bond throughout FFS.'

If it confuses you when a different actor plays Bond I really recommend you give Inception a wide birth.
    Also, no one read the second part of my post. The 'other fella' in OHMSS. Bond not knowing chinese in TND. I could go on but I'm sure you know the inconsistencies already.

This is the backbone of your case is it?

Why can 'The other fella' not be a knowing wink to the audience before the film starts properly. Or is everything presented in the films all part of an interlinked story?

In that case I'd be interested to hear how you account for the jet's afterburner smashing that screen in the TND PTS then? Presumably you imagine there's Chinook flying behind Bond's plane carrying a massive pane of glass beneath it?

Why can Bond not recognising Wai Lin's keyboard be either:
    1. Its of a dialect he doesn't know (his degree was Oriental languages so perhaps he knows Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai, Nepalese etc but not every single Chinese dialect).
    2. A sloppy continuity error between films made 30 years apart by completely different people, none of whom obsess about these things like we do.

Over this many films made over so many years inconsistencies and mistakes are bound to creep in but that's all they are - mistakes.

But you think they are all carefully crafted and deliberate pointers in a Da Vinci Code-esque conspiracy to reveal the truth to perceptive viewers is a more credible explanation do you?

I'm so glad this is still going - endless fun.

But I'm puzzled. I take it the code theory-defenders are familiar with continuity errors in movies. Every movie has them - on IMDb, they're gathered under "goofs". Objects being moved between cuts, bottles filling/emptying miraculously ... I understand you accept this as an unavoidable consequence of the movie industry: movies are edited from many takes and retakes and some continuity errors may occur.

Now, it is equally unavoidable that a franchise on a fit secret agent running over several decades has to recast the major role. That's not even a continuity error - it's either that or stopping the franchise alltogether. Unless we would like a 90-year old Bond (don't understand then why people are complaining about Moore in AVTAK?). And despite the best efforts of the franchise writers, producers and directors to enchance the continuity of the character as various actors play the part (visiting graves, referring to dead spouses ...), you'd rather pass that by and go against the intentions of the film crew.

I find that your urge for consistency and continuity is lacking some consistenty itself, if I'm permitted to say so.

By the way, YOLT was set in Japan, the keyboard in TND was in Mandarine: that's two different languages as was already pointed out by someone else some pages ago.

As for "the other guy" by Lazenby. It's a technique that is not as common in movies as it is in theatre, called breaking the 4th wall by stepping out of the imaginary world and directly adressing the audience - as also has been pointed out by several members. Woody Allens "The Purple Rose of Cairo" is completely built on that concept. Very good movie, you should watch it.

Please tell me, if you don't believe this 4th wall approach, are you then saying that James Bond is aware of camera crews following him around on his adventures? Not very beneficial for his undercover work. If not, your approach to the matter again is not so consistent.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Please tell me, if you don't believe this 4th wall approach, are you then saying that James Bond is aware of camera crews following him around on his adventures? Not very beneficial for his undercover work. If not, your approach to the matter again is not so consistent.

There was a camera crew in Saida s dressing room and they didn t even bother to hide, like they did in FRWL and DAD. I wonder what that was about, were they working for MI6? Was it the equivalent of the homer device, microchip or smartblood from other films?
    Is this still going? Really?
    If 'breaking the 4th wall' are actually hard evidence, then what does the moment where Roger Moore recognizes the Bond theme in India mean?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If 'breaking the 4th wall' are actually hard evidence, then what does the moment where Roger Moore recognizes the Bond theme in India mean?

He had probably seen some of the films. You know, the series where Sean Connery and George Lazenby played him.
This discussion has been closed.