HERE BE SPOILERS - Skyfall Codename Conspiracy

1121314151618»

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well, people are getting banned now. This discussion is dead, as far as I am concerned. I just can't risk being the next target.

Oddjobs_hat wasn't banned because of his beliefs. He was a previously banned member trying to sneak back in.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Well, people are getting banned now. This discussion is dead, as far as I am concerned. I just can't risk being the next target.

Yea we won't agree but banning is not a great outcome unless for cause.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I was thinking about the codename theory.

OF COURSE IT IS TRUE AND PROVEN

Connery used the codename James Bond from 62 to 71.
    Lazenby used it in 69.
    Moore from 73 to 85.
    Dalton from 87-89.
    Brosnan used it from 95-02 and Craig since 06.

People who believe James Bond is their real name have some screws loose.
    I was thinking about the codename theory.

OF COURSE IT IS TRUE AND PROVEN

Connery used the codename James Bond from 62 to 71.
    Lazenby used it in 69.
    Moore from 73 to 85.
    Dalton from 87-89.
    Brosnan used it from 95-02 and Craig since 06.

People who believe James Bond is their real name have some screws loose.

Hang on, wasn't James Bond actually an ornithologist who wrote Birds of the West Indies - they're all imposters!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The ornithologist was using a codename too.
    Walecs wrote: »
    The ornithologist was using a codename too.

Okay I'm starting to get this. Maybe there are other spies out there using names for codenames - Michael Jackson? The singer and the former head of the British army - both called Michael Jackson - it can't be a coincidence!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    An anagram of " Codename theory" is .... Head to ceremony ?
    Or "Codename Conspiracy" is .... " Conspiracy Cameo Den" ?

I think this is proof that the proponents of the code name theory
    are correct ! We are obviously getting directions to Head to some
    Ceremony about the actor's Cameos in a secret Den !

There can be No other explanation ! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just look at Frank Miller. There was another cartoonist named Frank Miller before him.(1898-1949). And how about that villain in High Noon?
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    And Steve McQueen the director, he's taken over from Steve McQueen the actor

Isn't it time this closed now? Seriously, my ability to make fun of something is decreasing.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Close this thread and get 6 months of abuse from Wiz? Are you kidding?
    No don't close it, just make it not bump anymore, that will drive TheWizard crazy :))
    No don't close it, just make it not bump anymore, that will drive TheWizard crazy :))
    Oh my Gawd, yes.

>:)
    NicNac wrote: »
    Close this thread and get 6 months of abuse from Wiz? Are you kidding?

Good point. I'll try to be more creative in my mickey taking :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If you close it, are you then part of the Conspiracy ? ;)
    If you close it, are you then part of the Conspiracy ? ;)

Of course ... I have the Tanaka codename ...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Conspiracy...closing...wizards...threads not bumping.
    Surely you must be wrong or mistaken. :p
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,117

A convenient excuse to avoid you having to deliver on your evidence, although we've long given out hope of that ever emerging.

If Mendes is out then is there any point in carrying on with this thread? The reason it has so many posts is not because we are discussing the theory (there's almost zero substantive evidence to warrant a discussion) but because we find Mendes' laughable contortions to avoid answering the question so hilarious.

Probably about 10 pages of this thread are people asking Mendes to lay his evidence before us. I'm reminded of the classic Paxman interview with Michael Howard:

So until Mendes can tell us whether he threatened to overrule him is there much more to be said here?

Unless of course people want to start posting pics of all the graves they've visited? Im up to 42,697.

Little tip for you kids: when you grow up try and get a job in a company with less than 10 employees. It will save you so much time traipsing round graveyards in the rain.

What is your obsession with Mendes4Lyfe??? @TheWizardOfIce

your constant whining about him kept this thread alive if anything :))

But again, I enjoy it, so don't stop. In fact, when you are gone longer than a day I show signs of withdrawal as reading your stuff is just wonderful.
    I wish I had your level of wicked humour and eloquence. And I don't mean this sarcastically, I mean it.
    But before you call me a kiss-ass I stop the flattering remarks :))

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Yeah no one likes a kiss ass mate so stop that right away.

I'm afraid you miss the point if you think I have the slightest interest in the existence of @Mendes4lyfe.

The thread is about debating something which seems utterly improbable to most right minded people with an ounce of logic but here we have someone claiming that there's substantial evidence out there so don't we have a duty to examine this evidence to see if we are all wrong and theory holds water?

Any apparent obsession with @Mendes4lyfe is merely an attempt to expose him as a charlatan and a fool, an accusation that he seems utterly unwilling to counter by delivering his 'evidence'.

This thread was a non issue because the theory is patently bullshit. It has only got this far because Mendes has been happy to play the court jester and we've all had such a fine time laughing at his antics.
    Well, as @Mendes4Lyfe hasn't taken the bait and entered any further into this non-debate, maybe it's time to cut him some slack. It isn't life or death, (or indeed religion), so let's respect him for not losing his cool after several pages of unnecessary baiting.

He said his piece several pages ago, and he has made it clear he has no more to add, so with heavy heart and the sword of Damocles hanging over my head, I will draw this to a close.

If anyone wishes to object please message me.

And @BondJasonBond006 if you want to start a thread about crackpot theories and weird conspiracy theories - which I believe you suggested? - then do go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.