HERE BE SPOILERS - Skyfall Codename Conspiracy

Comments

• It's only a joke oddjobs_hat, watch that blood pressure. ;)

I'm just pointing out the joke doesn't work.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not for you obviously. :D
  • You are a troll. Goodbye.

I think you'll be back :)) it wouldn't be like you to throw your hat in.
    put on those glasses and come back as Clark Kent. ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    What if Prince Charming is a codename as well? It would explain why he had so many princesses.
    =)) the conspiracy continues .......
    And there are been many Tarzans and Holmeses over the years as well. Clearly, they're not the same persons. And Dracula must be a codename as well, right ?
    Not a fan of SF though Bonds parents have the same codename surname on there Gustave Graves as does in Tracy in FYEO.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Codename theory is just an idiot's explanation for changes in casting.

I wonder, was Ian Fleming a codename too? Perhaps Bond books were written by 14 different people but they all used the same pen name.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What if every single one of us all have code names but we're all really James Bond!?!
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-24467-1364233703-9.gif
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    One thing is sure, however: Klaus Hergesheimer is NOT a codename.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432

A simple response,,,
    Murdock wrote: »
    What if every single one of us all have code names but we're all really James Bond!?!
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-24467-1364233703-9.gif

=)) :))
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I think you'll be back :)) it wouldn't be like you to throw your hat in.
    put on those glasses and come back as Clark Kent. ;)

=))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Seems like @Mendes4lyfe is as elusive as his 'evidence' these days.

We're all still on tenterhooks in anticipation of your earth shattering revelations son and just prentending you've disappeared from trace hardly cuts the mustard when you're posting in other threads.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

We're all still on tenterhooks in anticipation of your earth shattering revelations son and just prentending you've disappeared from trace hardly cuts the mustard when you're posting in other threads.

I'll get round to it eventually, there's still much to discuss on this topic. To tell you the truth, I'm rather burnt out on this subject at the moment. Plus, there are much more pertinant matters at hand currently, such as the hunt for Bond number 007. And since It's up to me when and which threads I post in, if at all, you'll just have to wait I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll find something to do in the meantime.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

A simple response,,,

You Know My Codename was rejected as a title. It didn t fit the melody.

I'll get round to it eventually, there's still much to discuss on this topic. To tell you the truth, I'm rather burnt out on this subject at the moment. Plus, there are much more pertinant matters at hand currently, such as the hunt for Bond number 007. And since It's up to me when and which threads I post in, if at all, you'll just have to wait I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll find something to do in the meantime.

Translation - I've got nothing to offer as in the time it took me to type that paragraph I could have given you all the basic gist of my evidence.
    I'm waiting until we're all called in to the dining room for his big reveal ! :D
    As one by one each piece of his devastating evidence is laid bare ! To a
    General murmur of disbelief, women will faint, children will cry and grown
    Men will drop their monocles in astonishment ! ..............
    ........... Could HE, truly be ........ The One ! :)) could the prophecy be right.

Well most of us think he's a Right One already ! :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    By the way, @TheWizardOfIce, it was you who on page 9 of this thread said the following in regards to myself:

"it is time that the mods put you and this clear case of trolling out of our misery, as you're obviously taking the piss."

It's curious how you call me a troll and request that the mods take action against me, and yet repeatedly harang me whenever I am absent for more than 24 hours at a time. One could be mistaken for thinking that, far from seeking an intellectual exchange of ideas, the only objective you have here is to ridicule fellow users for your own satisfaction.

I'm not sure whether I want to talk to you anymore now, given how, at any point in the discussion that you may choose to, once again, redefine me as a troll not worthy of your time, my account could be placed in jeopardy. You are free to interpret this withdrawal from the discussion in whatever manner you wish. I have the fullest confidence that you will choose to revel in this moment for as long as possible, extracting every ounce of triumph. You strike me as the sort of person for whom internet victories matter a great deal, so I won't deny you any satisfaction. Infact I will rest easy in the knowledge that, at least for a little while, my supposed humiliation has satiated one of the Internet's more toxic individuals.

But I do think its worth pointing out, before I leave you to it, that when it comes to the topic of this thread, that being the codename theory, I really only wanted to have a discussion. That's still all I want, but you're pretty much making that impossible now. What I'm trying to say is, I at least got people to look at and examine the films from a different perspective, and I really had the odds staked against me even trying to do that. @bondjames springs to mind, as someone who has seriously considered my points and engaged in a respectful, friendly way. That's basically all I wanted to begin with. I wasn't looking to 'win' a fight or anything. What have you accomplished by all this harassment. Virtually everyone agreed with your position from the get go. Sure, it may have been a great deal of fun, as you have stated numerous times, but is that really it? Did you really go to such extreme lengths to deprive me of my pride? I had no idea it was worth so much.
    This is almost as great as @dmwalker's great
    reveal months ago.

Or maybe Geraldo's great bunker reveal debacle.
    By the way, @TheWizardOfIce, it was you who on page 9 of this thread said the following in regards to myself:

"it is time that the mods put you and this clear case of trolling out of our misery, as you're obviously taking the piss."

It's curious how you call me a troll and request that the mods take action against me, and yet repeatedly harang me whenever I am absent for more than 24 hours at a time. One could be mistaken for thinking that, far from seeking an intellectual exchange of ideas, the only objective you have here is to ridicule fellow users for your own satisfaction.

I'm not sure whether I want to talk to you anymore now, given how, at any point in the discussion that you may choose to, once again, redefine me as a troll not worthy of your time, my account could be placed in jeopardy. You are free to interpret this withdrawal from the discussion in whatever manner you wish. I have the fullest confidence that you will choose to revel in this moment for as long as possible, extracting every ounce of triumph. You strike me as the sort of person for whom internet victories matter a great deal, so I won't deny you any satisfaction. Infact I will rest easy in the knowledge that, at least for a little while, my supposed humiliation has satiated one of the Internet's more toxic individuals.

But I do think its worth pointing out, before I leave you to it, that when it comes to the topic of this thread, that being the codename theory, I really only wanted to have a discussion. That's still all I want, but you're pretty much making that impossible now. What I'm trying to say is, I at least got people to look at and examine the films from a different perspective, and I really had the odds staked against me even trying to do that. @bondjames springs to mind, as someone who has seriously considered my points and engaged in a respectful, friendly way. That's basically all I wanted to begin with. I wasn't looking to 'win' a fight or anything. What have you accomplished by all this harassment. Virtually everyone agreed with your position from the get go. Sure, it may have been a great deal of fun, as you have stated numerous times, but is that really it? Did you really go to such extreme lengths to deprive me of my pride? I had no idea it was worth so much.

I see what you did there. The evil Wizard harrangued you to the point any discussion is impossible so you're taking your leave of this thread. You've actually got filing cabinets full of evidence but due to my constant nagging you've decided not to show it us.

You say you only want a discussion and an 'intellectual exchange of ideas' but how can there be any discussion where one side refuses to bring any arguments to the table?

Let me sum up the position of 'the codename theory is bullshit' camp.

1. It's a crap idea and we all hope it's not true however that does not mean that it necessarily isn't true.

2. We see no tangible evidence that goes anywhere to proving this theory so we are happy to dismiss it.

3. If someone brings any evidence to the contrary to the table let's look into it and assess if the theory has any merit (in terms of credibility. Obviously it has no merit creatively).

4. No one has brought up any credible evidence so the discussion is over as far as I can see. A bullshit theory with nothing to back it up.

So the only way this thread is not to be pronounced as dead is if someone, presumably yourself as the ostensible spokesman for 'the codename theory has credibility camp' (note I didn't say you believed it was true or liked the idea, merely that you entertain the idea that it has some credibility) can lay some material facts on the table to the contrary.

Now despite your little tantrum that my insidious bullying is on the verge of driving you to down a bottle of paracetamol I would point out that all I (and many other members incidentally) have done is ask you repeatedly to back up your statement made at the start of all this. Just in case you have forgotten in all your desperate obfuscation here it is in its entirety:
    Codename theory is just too substantial to be completely false. I wish I could dismiss it, but the evidence is right there.

You have become a figure of fun because of your refusal to even acknowledge the question which must have been asked, conservatively, about 10 times; namely 'Can you present us this evidence that is 'right there' and that you consider 'substantial'?'

You want a discussion? You need to give us something to discuss then. I've seen lots of people decimating the thin arguments that are on the table - the laying of flowers at the grave of a colleague's dead relative being the obvious example - so unless you have anything else (and I presume you must have given you consider the body of evidence to be 'substantial') then the thread has petered out and the conclusion must be that the theory is just too thin to have any credibility.

Rather than bleating about how hard done to you are stop wriggling like the most lily livered, mealy mouthed politician and give us your arguments!

The only person who has deprived you of any pride is yourself with your increasingly pathetic and bare face ignoring of a direct question that not only @TheWizardofice, 'one of the internet's more toxic individuals' (Fantastic quote! can I use that on the back cover of my autobiography?), has asked many times, but so have many other more reasonable members who are happy to discuss the theory if there was anything to discuss.

That you've seemingly chosen to shut up rather than put up speaks volumes.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    This thread would have long died its deserved death if you @TheWizardOfIce wouldn't go to any length to respond to any post.
    So I think you secretly really enjoy it ;)
    And please don't stop because the entertainment level is colossal.
    What about that Nikki thread, another go at the conspiracy theory is in order, don't you think?
    This thread would have long died its deserved death if you @TheWizardOfIce wouldn't go to any length to respond to any post.
    What about that Nikki thread, another go at the conspiracy theory is in order, don't you think?

I agree it is riotous fun!

Well I guess we could revive the Nikki thread but I think I'm the only one who really cares and I worry about some of the Mods blood pressure.

But I'm always happy to chip in if you want to bump it (that's if it bumps mind. Don't forget all those 'computer glitches' in that thread!).

Agreed, a Fun thread, I've had many laughs. :))
    Some I'm laughing with, and others I'm laughing at ! :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can anybody explain why the hell this thread is still active?
  • jake24 wrote: »

It's still active because people sense there is some truth to it. If it was obvious nonsense as some here protest, wouldn't stating that once suffice?

Exaggerated ridicule can be an effective weapon to suppress unpopular truths.

Not saying it is true, just saying some here fear that it is.

Yes this is fun ..like watching car wrecks on YouTube.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

It's still active because people sense there is some truth to it. If it was obvious nonsense as some here protest, wouldn't stating that once suffice?

Exaggerated ridicule can be an effective weapon to suppress unpopular truths.

Not saying it is true, just saying some here fear that it is.

It is obvious nonsense though.
This discussion has been closed.