Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I heard there's an exclusive material to be released for PlayStation 4 gamers in the Paris Fashion mission (called Intro Pack?), an additional objective required of you to assassinate a new person or something. I'm a PC gamer mostly myself, and not really fond of consoles that much, so I may be missing out on that content until the retailer version arrives in nine months.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 13,882
    I haven't played the recent game (by the time I get a PS4, the physical release should have happened), and while it's been a long time since I played the original, my ranking is this:

1. Hitman: Blood Money
    2. Hitman: Contracts
    3. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    4. Hitman: Codename 47
    ----
    5. Hitman: Absolution
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,371
    There's the Intro Pack (which comes with the tutorial and the first mission that has been released, the Paris Showstopper), and then there is the exclusive PS4 content in the form of a few extras, along with something called the Sarajevo Six, which are six elite types of contracts within the same missions that will grant you unique rewards and whatnot, I believe. They also have elusive contracts coming, which are one of a kind hits that appear for a limited time, and you only get one shot at them. Once they're gone, they're gone. The idea sounds nice, but the fact that they're going to add content, just to remove it, is rather dumb.

The Sarajevo Six and these elusive contracts may or may not be limited to the PS4 or certain consoles, I'm really not sure. They've announced and unveiled and talked about so many little exclusives and packs and things to purchase that I'm rather lost on what's what anymore. I fear they've completely bungled this release plan, especially with the online only nonsense; it's a single-player game!
    Anyone played Quantum break?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    All this Hitman talk has just made me wonder why there's not a Hitman thread when there are clearly enough fans to warrant one.

As far as what I've been playing recently, the Star Wars: Rogue One trailer got me in an old-school mood, so I played the Rogue Squadron trilogy. Sadly, my N64 seems to finally be on its last legs, so I couldn't play a whole lot of the first one, but I'll pick that up on Steam at some point, because that's one of my favorite Star Wars games.

Other than that, a lot of Pokemon.
    The only Star Wars game I've ever played was Jedi Knight II, and it was a pleasant shooter game back then. I haven't touched it ever since, though.
    @Creasy47, have you gotten around to playing Alekhine's Gun yet?
    @ClarkDevlin, I have not. I kept reading up on reviews, and it sounds like there are way too many bugs for my tastes, on top of the fact that apparently there is no checkpoint or manual save system? That's a big killer for me, immediately killed my interest in it.
    The only Star Wars game I've ever played was Jedi Knight II, and it was a pleasant shooter game back then. I haven't touched it ever since, though.

Playing Battlefront on XBOX ONE very impressive, the sound design is as good of the films.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin, I have not. I kept reading up on reviews, and it sounds like there are way too many bugs for my tastes, on top of the fact that apparently there is no checkpoint or manual save system? That's a big killer for me, immediately killed my interest in it.
    Don't listen to the reviews, mate. They're really misleading. It's not even half as buggy as they claim to be. On first play, it does seem buggy like with the elevator. But, on second play and beyond, it's very smooth. Don't miss out on it.
    @fire_and_ice, sound design, visuals, the soundtrack ripped from the originals, 'Battlefront' has a lot going for it. Try out the very first DLC they released, manages to inject a lot of new material into the game, with a few great maps (and some poor ones).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I played the Star Wars Battlefront beta one weekend when it was offered and had a surprising amount of fun in the multiplayer. You can tell the game was made by die-hard fans, and as @Creasy47 said, the developers pulled sound effects and tracks right from the original trilogy and recreated actual locations from those films for you to inhabit and battle through. I know that if someone like me who isn't into SW liked it, super fans would adore it.
    The funny thing is that I loathed the beta; got really into it the first few matches I played, but as my play time went on, I wasn't impressed: I knew we were getting no single player content, I didn't care for the first person that much, and it seemed sort of generic. My buddy coaxed me into picking it up on sale, and once I started playing solely in third person and I got to try out all the other maps and game modes, I was sold. I've gotten over 90% of all the trophies thus far and am well past rank 50, so I'd say I got my money's worth.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    @fire_and_ice, sound design, visuals, the soundtrack ripped from the originals, 'Battlefront' has a lot going for it. Try out the very first DLC they released, manages to inject a lot of new material into the game, with a few great maps (and some poor ones).

Been considering getting the season pass, my initial enthusiasm is waning there are only a few things in the game that I feel has repeat play ability. Game looks and sounds great though, the online X wing/Tie fighters dog fighting is what I play the most.

Bought Rainbow Six Siege, the edition with Vegas and Vegas 2 digital downloads for the Xbox One. Loved the Vegas games. Will crack on with Siege tomorrow.

The first DLC pack is more than worth the price, I'd say go with the season pass. Also, Star Wars Day is going to yield a lot of new free content, and they announced that the next full DLC will be out in July, letting you play in Cloud City:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/star-wars-battlefront-dlc-release-news-lando-calrissian-coming-in-next-update-more-offline-content-a6984176.html
    Yeah watched a promo for Bespin pack, ill probably end up getting the season pack. By nature I am a completionist, thanks for the link. Found a few of the missions fun involving the AT-ST.

I'll keep a eye on May the 4th.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,371
    An official promo? I'd love a link if you have one, I have yet to see one. Have you managed to beat every mission on Master yet? That's a tough trophy, felt good to get that one.
    An official promo? I'd love a link if you do, I have yet to see one. Have you managed to beat every mission on Master yet? That's a tough trophy, felt good to get that one.
    Only been playing a few weeks so some way off master at moment, been playing Forza and Rise of Tomb Raider quite alot so just been playing Battlefront occasionally. Will try find link, think it was on IGN app.

My mistake it was just a break down of details, not in game footage.

Just discovered Imperial Walkers will be in cloud city... Take my money now.
    That should be intense. I have a feeling they'll make some great maps for Bespin, looking forward to it.
    At work at moment though watching the outer rim game play that must be what I watched not Bespin. The logistics of Imperial Walkers in cloud city...
    The little news bulletin I read on the upcoming DLC says they WILL appear in Cloud City, which is something. I thought the new maps for this first DLC were all around good, especially the ones for Jabba's Palace.
    Agree like the tones of Jabbas palace, just watching someone on youtube as Greedo going through the outer rim maps looks good. Just bought a 2TB hard drive for my Xbox One and alot of games so I think ill wait till May to get season pass, give me chance to play the in game maps a bit more also.
    I am addicted to Injustice Gods among us for the tablet in all honesty. I still can't believe Glue mobile gave us WOE...... Anyways Injustice is fantastic
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Just finished Quantum of Solace for the PS3. I finished the third-person PS2 version a few months back. It's astonishing how much better the PS2 version was.

Also just finished Portal 2. Fantastic and even better than the first.

Soon to start my play-through of Nightfire PC; as soon as my copy of Windows XP gets here for my VirtualBox.
    Quantum PS2 is a decent video game both as a shooter and a tactical shooter, treating stealth with moderation. Quantum PS3 is... Bat-shit-crazy shoot everything that moves idiocy... And ultra linear. And it applies to the PC, X360 and Wii as well, which are direct ports from the PS3 version.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Quantum PS2 is a decent video game both as a shooter and a tactical shooter, treating stealth with moderation. Quantum PS3 is... Bat-shit-crazy shoot everything that moves idiocy... And ultra linear. And it applies to the PC, X360 and Wii as well, which are direct ports from the PS3 version.

Agreed. Another problem I noticed with QoS PS3 is that it has pretty bad graphics for the time, but the PS2 version had good graphics for the PS2. I don't really care about graphics (I own an N64, after all) but I really noticed an issue with QoS PS3.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423

Agreed. Another problem I noticed with QoS PS3 is that it has pretty bad graphics for the time, but the PS2 version had good graphics for the PS2. I don't really care about graphics (I own an N64, after all) but I really noticed an issue with QoS PS3.
    The problem with Quantum PS3 was that it was too shiny, as if Bond was wearing leather clothes all the time and his face was sweating and/or was wet. I had the exact same problem with Perfect Dark: Zero, which, while being a good game in its own right, was a bad comeback at the title that made it popular.

Quantum PS2, however, has very bad graphics, too. While it has a terrific map layouts and level design, the textures and graphics are pretty bad. Compare it to the PS2 games that came before, it's worse than Agent Under Fire's blocky character models.

Here's an example as I pointed out. Look at the trigger guard, the face, the build of the textures, etc.
    That just might be the tiniest trigger guard I've ever seen in my life.
    Definitely, Creasy! And that's just the least of the problems. The weapon designs in their entirely are as if they have been derived from a 1998 video game engine. Another example I'll put forward, which is a picture of Bond's P99. And here's a picture of Bond's P99 from Everything or Nothing for instance. Look at the details. And that's only four years between the two titles.