Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's rich! Haven't managed to catch that yet; is that in the yacht tutorial mission or the main Paris mission?

Hopefully we do; I haven't managed to use any of it yet. While I'm happy that I reached Paris Mastery Level 20, I'm pretty sure that all of the weapon unlocks will be good for that particular level only; thus, once the Sapienza level debuts next month, I'll have to hit Level 20 with that, too, to unlock the concealable ICA explosive, which really comes in handy (one of the easier ways to take out Novikov.)
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    Recently I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart Double Dash. Still as fun as it was back in 2003. My favorite combos are, in no particular order: Peach and Petey Piranha, Daisy and King Boo, Petey Piranha and King Boo, Donkey Kong and Daisy. The only karts I use are the Piranha Pipes and Boo Pipes.
    Now you have me in the mood for some Mario Kart on the N64. Wish I had both the console and the game so I could inject a little nostalgia into my day.

Finally got around to playing my copy of 'Rainbow Six: Siege,' and while I've only completed 100% of the first three tutorial missions, it's really helping out before I hop online, and it gives me a good feel of the maps and gameplay. Loving it so far, a great call back to the days of 'Vegas.'
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Pokemon FireRed.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That's rich! Haven't managed to catch that yet; is that in the yacht tutorial mission or the main Paris mission?

In Paris. I think you have to be in the tuxedo. I've heard it from the guard standing at the parking lot gate to the left of the main entrance, and from the guard by the backstage/stylist area. (Yes, I walked around for a while just listening what NPC's said to me)

Treated myself to a Xbox One, my 360 is on its way out. Playing Battlefront... This is god dam awesome.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One. My favourite game franchise, I have played them from the very beginning. Recently played Tomb Raider 3 again on my pc, that was a game I was totally engrossed in back in the day. Very impressed with the epic scale of Rise of the Tomb Raider, think my long weekend is going be tied up with this game lol

Also bought Halo 5 which I have had a quick look at.
    My recently played games:
    I recently lost my HDD so I don't have many games, there are some which I got again.
    Driver: Parallel Lines
    Great game, better than Driv3r, The driving is very enjoyable, the atmosphere of New York in both eras are very unique. I'm glad Reflections tried something new with this title with the changing era things.
    7/10

Counter Strike: Global Offensive
    The big eSports game, I'm trying to get better but I can't, Silver IV here :(
    9/10

Recently played a lot of Star Fox Command, and I'm going to play more Star Fox as I eagerly await Star Fox Zero this month.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Recently played a lot of Star Fox Command, and I'm going to play more Star Fox as I eagerly await Star Fox Zero this month.
    I'm looking forward to getting that too. Fox Agrees. :D
    all_arwings_report_in__by_comandercool22-d93hmp7.jpg
    He is my namesake on this site! Star Fox Assault is actually my favorite of the series, with Star Fox 64 as a close second. I enjoy them all though, even though many fans bash the games post-64. Zero looks very good; hoping it can at least be my third favorite.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Nice! :) I've enjoyed pretty much all of the Star Fox games, Adventures included. 64 is also my favorite too. Star Fox Zero looks like it's going to be amazing. It's got the cast from Star Fox 64 in it so that will be cool.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Currently getting my face eaten by the Alien in Alien: Isolation.
  • Currently getting my face eaten by the Alien in Alien: Isolation.

I could never play a game like that. I'd just get too freaked out and frustrated...

I could never play a game like that. I'd just get too freaked out and frustrated...

The game wasn't particularly jump scary, just very stealth heavy and you could really lead to getting freaked out if you weren't smart and eventually ran into the Xenomorph (which wasn't avoidable, as when you play it on the hardest difficulty, he knows where you are almost 90% of the time, it seems).
    edited April 2016 Posts: 3,000

The game wasn't particularly jump scary, just very stealth heavy and you could really lead to getting freaked out if you weren't smart and eventually ran into the Xenomorph (which wasn't avoidable, as when you play it on the hardest difficulty, he knows where you are almost 90% of the time, it seems).

Exactly. The game isn't a jerk like Five Nights at Freddy's; full of random jump scares (not to say that FNAF is scary, but it is a jerk). It's about stealth and a feeling of being hunted.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    70% into Rise of the Tomb Raider, this is the best Tomb Raider game of all time.

Bought Forza Horizon 2 on xbox one, great fun not great at car games unless its Burnout paradise. Though I can run with Forza Horizon 2, online its fun.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I just played and finished Hitman: Absolution for the first time in two years. I have to say, though, even when my feelings are mixed in the game, I don't have a biased opinion about it. It's not a Hitman game, not the formulatic one to say the least. But, it's hell of a video game to enjoy if you play it with an open mind rather than putting out all of your envisioned expectations in front of you at once and end up getting disappointed. Absolution feels like you are invited to a wrong party with your friends present who feel as strange around it as you do. It's like... you know all these characters and are familiar with them more than anyone else, yet the environment chooses to make you see a different side of them. That's how Hitman: Absolution can be described. Other than the linear approach, I do really like the mechanics and wouldn't mind having a James Bond game in the same vein. And the story is definitely second best only to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, which still is my favourite in the series.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Hitman: Absolution was a gorgeous looking game, but it was... well if Hitman; Blood Money was an assassination simulation game, then Hitman: Absolution was an arcade game. No stealth and some questionable ideas of what constitutes a mission/level. From the starting room, walk up to door, open it and..... mission complete. :-q
    'Absolution' was probably the most shocked and disappointed I've ever been with a game. I've played some stinkers for sure, but I hold the 'Hitman' series in high regard, and when I finally unwrapped my copy on the 360 and played it on release day years back, I couldn't believe what they had done to my beloved franchise.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    'Absolution' was probably the most shocked and disappointed I've ever been with a game. I've played some stinkers for sure, but I hold the 'Hitman' series in high regard, and when I finally unwrapped my copy on the 360 and played it on release day years back, I couldn't believe what they had done to my beloved franchise.

Yeah, Absolution disappointed me too, @Creasy47, though I'm not the fan you are of the series or even the slightest bit knowledgable about what constitutes a good Hitman title.

The first time I played it I made it past the cornfield level, after which the game froze and I lost all my game data, forcing me to start it all over again. That didn't help my enjoyment of it, and when you add in the subpar villains and how the story wraps up, I was not impressed. There were good moments here and there, though, just not enough to made it a great game. Just a good or okay one.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 13,882
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 -That sounds like my experience with Heavy Rain. I encountered a a glitch that made the game unplayable. I have to delete my save completely and start over, but after encountering that glitch once, I could never settle into the game, in case I encountered it again.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 -That sounds like my experience with Heavy Rain. I encountered a a glitch that made the game unplayable. I have to delete my save completely and start over, but after encountering that glitch once, I could never settle into the game, in case I encountered it again.

Ugh, that's frustrating. Especially with a game like Heavy Rain, because there's very little chance that you'd be able to replicate all the choices you made the first time around to get the experience you originally wanted on the second play through.
    Game-breaking bugs and issues like that are the worst. I remember sinking a good 30-50 hours or so into 'Dead Island' when it was first released, which means I was one of the many unlucky few who had the save delete bug happen. So much progress, so many upgraded weapons, so much achievement progress, it took me months on top of all of that just to bring myself back to the game because I couldn't stand immediately starting over from scratch.

Ugh, that's frustrating. Especially with a game like Heavy Rain, because there's very little chance that you'd be able to replicate all the choices you made the first time around to get the experience you originally wanted on the second play through.

Exactly, it all hangs on the choices the player makes. I never bothered trying to get all the possible outcomes of the story. I made it to the end of the game on that second attempt, and sold off the game. That had to be the worst glitched I have encountered.
    Portal 2. Apparently, I'm a horrible person. :D
    As I said about Absolution, it had an awful level design because... Let's face it: it wasn't a stealthy game, and 47 was discovered way too easily. I have a huge problem with the instinct mode which is useless and pours itself out very fast. Then, the linear approach that guided you en route. That isn't Hitman. They removed the observation map, as well, and inserted an idiotic notebook instead. Give me my map back. But, you can't say the story wasn't satisfying enough, can you? Some may want to shoot me with it, but I prefer its story to Blood Money's, which I didn't like that much, yet the levels were amazing to play separately. However, IO Interactive has yet to top the greatness of the second game in the series. Let's see where will the sixth one lead us to.
    @ClarkDevlin, you sound like me! Agreed on all points, but the thing is, I don't really care about a story with 'Hitman.' Just give me targets in big maps that are totally unrelated, and have me going around killing them. That's all I need. I will say this, the story that they're amping up in 'Hitman' has me very interested, mostly because it seems to end on a cliffhanger each time since you can't immediately jump to the next level.
    @Creasy47, I couldn't agree more. While the stories do intrigue me and I would be in preference of a one consistent story rather than unrelated anthology, gameplay for Hitman is more important. Open world (not in GTA-like manner) sandbox, non-linear game is what it needs to be. And please no QTE. Please.

So, all in all, my rating of Hitman games come in.

From best to worst as a whole:
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Hitman: Codename 47
    Hitman: Contracts
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Hitman: World of Assassination* (Not final and might be changed)
    Hitman: Absolution

Story-wise from best to worst:
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Hitman: Absolution
    Hitman: Codename 47
    Hitman: Contracts
    Hitman: Blood Money

* - Hitman: World of Assassination, I've given it the "predicted" sub-title to avoid confusion to the rather bland simplistic franchise title that can easily confuse anyone. Story-wise, I can't place it in a rank as of yet because it has to be explored. I have an expectation that the retailer version will be sub-titled World of Assassination. Fingers crossed.
    The only one I haven't played is 'Hitman: Codename 47,' as I've never taken a crack at any sort of a PC game. I think my ranking would be:

1.)Hitman: Contracts
    1.5) Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    2.) Hitman: Blood Money
    3.) Hitman 2016

9,000.) Hitman: Absolution.

I've quite enjoyed the latest one, but this episodic format leaves a lot to be desired, and doesn't have me replaying the game as much as I would if the entirety of it had already been released. I'm looking forward to the release of the Sapienza mission in a few weeks, but I'm sure I'll play the level to death for a week, gather all trophies and a bunch of challenges, and then I won't touch it again until the release of the one in May.