Top 3 Favourite Scenes of a Bond Movie: Final Results

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Number 3 for me.
    also one of my favorites for sure, for a lot of reasons (if you check my location message, you might guess one of them)
    I think its the single most ridiculous action movie in the whole franchise, almost Fast & Furious Crazy, but i like it for exactly that. The ending on the Stealth Boat was also very good and the Director even admitted that it was totally illogical to have rocket launchers inside a closed boat (the one that Bond uses to blow up the control center) but they simply said "to hell with logic, lets blow more stuff up!"
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    00Agent wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Number 3 for me.
    also one of my favorites for sure, for a lot of reasons (if you check my location message, you might guess one of them)
    I think its the single most ridiculous action movie in the whole franchise, almost Fast & Furious Crazy, but i like it for exactly that. The ending on the Stealth Boat was also very good and the Director even admitted that it was totally illogical to have rocket launchers inside a closed boat (the one that Bond uses to blow up the control center) but they simply said "to hell with logic, lets blow more stuff up!"
    That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it.
    :))
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I know many of you love the car chase in the garage scene, but to me that is the downfall of the film. Being really into Fleming, where Bond likes old things, is averse to technological progress and drives old cars (he likes to feel the road), I don't care for the gimmicky vehicless, particularly when he's not actually driving them. Even in my favorite, GOLDFINGER, I would have preferred the DB5 was sans gadgets.

Interesting. I thought that was a big drawcard for Bond films. Certainly loved it when I was young, and still do now.

1. BMW car park chase

Ermm...not much else
    2. Dr Kaufman scene
    3. Bike chase? Not a personal favourite but there's not much to choose from
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    1. I enjoy the PTS. Quite exciting
    2. There's a good scene between Jonathan Pryce and Ricky Jay where the latter reluctantly plays back the dialogue between Bond and Paris exposing their previous relationship. It's small and understated but tense never the less.
    3. Pierce Brosnan is often at his best in scenes with Judi Dench. I don't know if he ups his game, but I enjoy their scenes together. Loved this one in the back of a speeding car.

On a negative side, I know they were rushed putting TND together but the director should have sorted out the number of times Bond amusingly looks Q up and down when he sees the latter's garish jacket. Four times maybe? Yes we get the joke Pierce.

Then when Wade appears he does the exact same thing. But, Pierce, like Sean and Roger before him looks terrific in a Navel Commander's get up!
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    1 Kauffman scene
    2 PTS
    3 Introduction of Elliot Carver
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think the Kauffman scene may win this round?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I hope so, imho it belongs into the hall of fame of iconic Bond scenes.
    Vincent Schiavelli was able to shine in the smallest roles and it still saddens me that he never got more famous and died so young.

I hope so, imho it belongs into the hall of fame of iconic Bond scenes.
    Vincent Schiavelli was able to shine in the smallest roles and it still saddens me that he never got more famous and died so young.

He was also very bizarre and absolutely ace in The Name of the Rose.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 45,489
    NicNac wrote: »
    Then when Wade appears he does the exact same thing. But, Pierce, like Sean and Roger before him looks terrific in a Navel Commander's get up!

To this point I feel that only Roger wore the uniform well. By YOLT Sean was beginning to slouch, and was a little too bulky (he would have looked great in it in the previous four films I'd wager). Pierce just seems too skinny for his uniform, like he's lost in it. It's a shame we never go to see George and Timothy in full naval attire. Maybe we'll see Craig, but that ideal window has probably passed (age).

Pierce is drowning in that hat.

Fun fact_:Me and a buddy in the navy borrowed his brother s appartment a weekend back in the eighties. We hid a lot of reefer in his naval uniform hat until the next weekend. He was a high ranking officer and walked around with 100 grams of hashish on his head for a full week, before we borrowed the appartment again next weekend and fetched the good stuff.
  • 1. Bond and Dr. Kaufman
    2. Bond waits for Paris Carver or an assassin
    3. PTS
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Love the warm fuzzy memories you share, Thunderfinger. Those were the days ... ;)

For me:
    1. Dr. Kaufman & Bond (all of it)
    2. Entire motorcycle chase thru shower ending
    3. PTS (so excellent!)

Pierce is wonderful as Bond in this one. It is my favorite Bond of his for sure. I also really enjoy Michelle kicking ass in numerous scenes, like when Bond visits her command center.

To this point I feel that only Roger wore the uniform well. By YOLT Sean was beginning to slouch, and was a little too bulky (he would have looked great in it in the previous four films I'd wager). Pierce just seems too skinny for his uniform, like he's lost in it. It's a shame we never go to see George and Timothy in full naval attire. Maybe we'll see Craig, but that ideal window has probably passed (age).

Fun fact_:Me and a buddy in the navy borrowed his brother s appartment a weekend back in the eighties. We hid a lot of reefer in his naval uniform hat until the next weekend. He was a high ranking officer and walked around with 100 grams of hashish on his head for a full week, before we borrowed the appartment again next weekend and fetched the good stuff.

Did we just become best friends?
    1. Bond waiting for an assassin in his hotel (includes love scene with Paris)
    2. Hamburg break in and break out
    3. Bond and Wai Lin sneaks aboard the stealth ship (includes bonds knife kills)
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Did we just become best friends?

I have always been your friend.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Top 3 scenes in Tomorrow Never Dies would be...

1. The PTS - Whilst it's wildly over the top, it is well shot, has Bond doing Bondian stuff (with the inclusion of the Bond theme) but most of all is exciting.

2. Bond waits in his hotel - After revealing his hand to Carver, Bond waits alone in his hotel to see who Carver will send to kill him. Sat in a chair drinking shots of vodka, his gun on a table beside him. It's a nice little scene.

3. The car park chase - I know it's quite silly. And doesn't really go anywhere. But I like the gadget laden car, that Bond controls from the back seat. Using more gadgets than he ever has before I think. The smug grin he gives as he reinflates the tyres always makes me smile. Silly. Over the top. But harmless fun.
    1. PTS
    2. Bond waits with a vodka
    3. Bond and Paris love scene
    I know TND was a bad film but nots not stop. My favortie Bond film is next let's countinue with this thread
    We'll soon be doing the 3 best scenes of Die Another Day. Great motivation to carry on there.
  • Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    1. Backseat-driving the BMW in the garage
    2. Bond vs Kaufman, just a professional doing his job
    3. PTS, White Knight takes it home

I always found TND to be an underrated Bond movie. Perhaps it has its flaws, but for me the Kaufman scene rivals the Pushkin one with Dalton. Also backseat-driving scene for me is a clever homage to the DB5 scene from Goldfinger, which also takes place in a more or less confined area. Finally the PTS shows both Bond, trusting his instincts and wrecking the place, and M, trusting Bond, at their best. Smashing entry by David Arnold who scored the piece!
    Smashing entry by David Arnold who scored the piece!
    I agree. This has my favorite of David Arnold's scores out of the Brosnan era. I love the way he incorporates k.d. lang's song in the score and I really like the version of the Bond theme that plays just as Bond escapes from the Carver Warehouse/Newspaper printing facility.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    1.) The PTS.
    2.) Bond vs. Kaufman.
    3.) Bond killing the guard while holding Gupta hostage, along with his "tuned out" line.
    Tomorrow Never Dies, 32 voters

1 = Bond and Dr. Kaufman = 56 Points
    2 = PTS = 36 Points
    3 = Bond in his hotel room waiting for an assassin = 22 Points
    4 = Car park chase = 20 Points
    Sorry for the delay guys.

Time for: The World is Not Enough
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    -The Thames Chase
    -Renard's introduction
    -Torture sequence

Honourable mentions:
    -Bilbao
    -Caviar factory

1.) The PTS.
    2.) Shootout at Zukovsky's.
    3.) Bond and Elektra's final scene together.

Honorable mention to the ski sequence, too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1. PTS
    2. Shootout at caviar factory
    3. Underground Shootout
    1. PTS
    2. This exchange: "Bond: I suppose we all have to pay the piper sometime. Q: Oh pipe down 007!"
    3. This part: "Q: I've always tried to teach you two things. First, never let them see you bleed. Bond: And the second? Q: Always have an escape plan." (Descends into the floor and exits the series forever--it gets me right in the feels.)
    @josiah, good call on that third one, it gets me every single time, too.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    1. The ending credits (because the film is over)
    2. Q's farewell (a genuinely touching moment)
    3. Bond's confrontation with Elektra at Baku (I used to get livid but now I've learned to just laugh at the display of lack of acting skills)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    -PTS (Brosnan's PTS' are just the best in the series)

-Bond kissing Elektra goodnight (deeply touching and brilliantly performed)

-Last scene of Q (touching and bittersweet)