Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Fair point. Then I will have to settle for Jena leading her own DCU film. ;)

Seriously, though, not that I honestly see much of a chance of that happening, even as a fan of hers. As an indie actress, her ability to carry a big budget superhero movie is unknown, from a studio point of view. I live in hope, but will expect Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle to remain a supporting character.

@MajorDSmythe, I think you'll be very happy going forward. Babs is Batman's go-to for anything relating to research, forensics and other kind of data, so Jena is very likely to be at least in all the Batman solo films heading forward, if not more beyond that. I don't know, however, if Barbara will already be wheelchair bound or not in BvS. Since this is a much older Batman and Jason Todd has already been killed by Joker, I think she's likely been out of the batsuit for a long while now.

I have a lot invested in eventually seeing a live action adaptation of Death in the Family and Under the Red Hood, with a greater emphasis on Ra's involvement in Jason's resurrection and a fight between the Demon's Head's leader and Ben's Batman. I'd kill to see a sword fight between them a la Hush. I get tingles just thinking about it.

Your words give me hope, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic. Looks like I should pick up some comics to prepare. Then again, maybe going in blind would be better.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Fair point. Then I will have to settle for Jena leading her own DCU film. ;)

Seriously, though, not that I honestly see much of a chance of that happening, even as a fan of hers. As an indie actress, her ability to carry a big budget superhero movie is unknown, from a studio point of view. I live in hope, but will expect Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle to remain a supporting character.

@MajorDSmythe, I think you'll be very happy going forward. Babs is Batman's go-to for anything relating to research, forensics and other kind of data, so Jena is very likely to be at least in all the Batman solo films heading forward, if not more beyond that. I don't know, however, if Barbara will already be wheelchair bound or not in BvS. Since this is a much older Batman and Jason Todd has already been killed by Joker, I think she's likely been out of the batsuit for a long while now.

I have a lot invested in eventually seeing a live action adaptation of Death in the Family and Under the Red Hood, with a greater emphasis on Ra's involvement in Jason's resurrection and a fight between the Demon's Head's leader and Ben's Batman. I'd kill to see a sword fight between them a la Hush. I get tingles just thinking about it.

Your words give me hope, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic. Looks like I should pick up some comics to prepare. Then again, maybe going in blind would be better.

@MajorDSmythe, if you ever need Batman related comic recommendations, this would be the place to come.
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 There is a very good motion comic of The Killing Joke on youtube, ill post the link. Worth a look for anyone who has not seen it. Overjoyed for Hamil, in my mind he is the definitive Joker and Conroy the definitive Bat.

• @MajorDSmythe This is pretty dark though a good place to start, the end is one of the most talked about topics in Batmans history. The Killing Joke truly is brilliant.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, have you heard Grant Morrison's theory on the ending that he revealed on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman podcast? It makes me interested to see how DC are going to animate the ending, and whether they'll do a panel by panel recreation or something new.
  • @fire_and_ice, have you heard Grant Morrison's theory on the ending that he revealed on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman podcast? It makes me interested to see how DC are going to animate the ending, and whether they'll do a panel by panel recreation or something new.

I have and agree with Morrisons theory, his logic is sound and for me makes it all the more epic. I would like a Nolan Esq ambiguous ending, leave it open to the viewers interpretation.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 13,882
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - I'll keep that in mind.

@fire_and_ice - Thanks for that, i'm watching/listening it now. To say it's grim is an understatement.
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - I'll keep that in mind.

@fire_and_ice - Thanks for that, i'm watching/listening it now. To say it's grim is an understatement.

Hope you enjoy it, one of the great things about Batman is the variety of shifts of tone you can have with the character.

Hope you enjoy it, one of the great things about Batman is the variety of shifts of tone you can have with the character.

The Joker singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' was all kinds of creepy. In my mind, I imagined The Joker dancing around like Michigan J. Frog, while singing.

• edited February 2016 Posts: 6,432

The Joker singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' was all kinds of creepy. In my mind, I imagined The Joker dancing around like Michigan J. Frog, while singing.

Ha ha...

Joker is a nasty piece of work in this and when it comes to the Joker you really cant believe anything he says. I need to rewatch the motion comic, its very good.
    As for the end I see this as the final Joker story, I believe Batman killed him as the Joker had gone far beyond the line.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 13,882
    That's how it looks to me as well. In one of the last 3-4 panels, there is a shot of what looks like Batman with his hands clamped around The Joker's throat. Then the laughing stops, and we're left with the rain puddles.
  • The Joke at the end is I believe The Killing Joke

Very dark and powerful Batman story.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hilarious
    In hysterics that was brilliant =))
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Also, here's the clip they showed on Kimmel last night

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    O M G

I fear that this hilariously funny clip from Batman vs Superman with Jimmy Kimmel is better than the movie itself will be =))
    Also, here's the clip they showed on Kimmel last night

Holy rusted metal... That was awesome.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Can you imagine driving through the streets of London in that thing...step aside and move the **** out of my way! Vroom vroom
    These Omaze campaigns were brilliant, and all in the name of good causes. True Batman and Superman style!
    I'm disappointed Batfleck didn't pop out of that thing when I was there.

eSrH8ce.jpg
    Latest TV spot with a couple new shots and a new line from Batfleck

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 40,372
    I know a lot of you were excited for her, but apparently, in an odd twist, Jena Malone has been cut entirely from the theatrical run of the movie, and will appear (alongside extended fight scenes and other secret cameos that also serve to hint at the future of the DCEU) in the R-rated version only:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/jena-malone-has-been-cut-from-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-a131670
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I know a lot of you were excited for her, but apparently, in an odd twist, Jena Malone has been cut entirely from the theatrical run of the movie, and will appear (alongside extended fight scenes and other secret cameos that also serve to hint at the future of the DCEU) in the R-rated version only:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/jena-malone-has-been-cut-from-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-a131670

I didn't read the article because I'm trying to avoid any spoilers about which character she is playing (certainly an exercise in futility because I'm bound to stumble on spoilers over the next few weeks).

But did the article confirm which character she is playing?
    That's really not that upsetting to me, because we know she'll feature in a future DC film in the future. All the more reason to get the R version. It's just one less person put into the film that might be sloppily introduced, so it's really no biggie for me. The important thing is that she's confirmed for the role and if that doesn't change, I'm a-okay with this.
  • I'm looking forward to this film!
    I am in count down mode not watching any BvS stuff now. A few weeks away and watching a film that I have waited since childhood to watch.
    Yet another TV spot. The hype levels continue to rise.

Creasy47 wrote: »

I guess that I won't be seeing this on the big screen, i'll wait for the DVD. Still, this part...

"[snip] the character serves a clue to what the future of the DCEU holds."

... gives me some hope for future films.