Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    edited January 2016 Posts: 153
    Jackman or Pratt? edited for unacceptable language - no!
    I think Aaron Taylor Johnson is a dark horse. Turner's time as a favourite will pass. Cavill maybe because Eon do linger. But my nose says DC will continue and the next Bond may not be on the radar.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I subconsciously knew when I posted (what was meant to be) a fun video of Jackman acting as Bond that people would start freaking out and pondering it and getting their panties in a bunch. Again, it was allllllll done in jest. Don't worry. Jackman won't touch the franchise. It won't happen. It's alright.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Christian Bale (41 years old) could still do it, after all Pierce was 42 in Goldeneye.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    gumbolt wrote: »
    Jackman or Pratt? For the love of fuck - no!
    I think Aaron Taylor Johnson is a dark horse.
    Aaron Taylor Johnson? I had the misfortune of seeing this block of wood in Godzilla and couldn't believe the lack of charisma I was witnessing. Thinking of him leads my thoughts directly to your colourful expression above re: the other two.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 709
    bondjames wrote: »
    Aaron Taylor Johnson? I had the misfortune of seeing this block of wood in Godzilla and couldn't believe the lack of charisma I was witnessing. Thinking of him leads my thoughts directly to your colourful expression above re: the other two.

Agreed. Bland actor with a bland face.

Gee, what's going on here today, all the usual suspects being thrown back in to the mix? Jackman, Bale, Cavill, etc. Somebody mention Fassbender and Hardy so we can have a never-gonna-happen Bond actors bingo!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Anthrax wrote: »
    My vote would go to Chris Pratt. He would need to dye his hair black and possibly shave himself first though, and I think that he will not get the role.

19e2en1mflkshjpg.jpg

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Well I don't think EoN is actively casting right now BUT surely somewhere in this world there is a tall dark white British actor under 50 with charisma and who has taken at least one acting class.

Oh and I left out the actor should be a guy. Bond is not a woman. He is not bi despite Logan's and Mendes's dream and agenda to give Bond that history.

Sorry not trying to offend anybody. I'm certainly not homophobic nor racist. I've had my history. I just prefer the character stay as close to Fleming as possible ...imperfections and all.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Good point @mcdonbb. Usually at this point in a current Bond actor's tenure, and especially one as cagey as Craig about his future with the franchise, one would think the producers will be actively casting. Yet, even in this social media/internet age, we haven't really heard anything credible.

I just hope whoever they eventually end up with, he surprises me and is an up and comer with notable skills / talents. EON's credibility has taken a massive hit in my eyes of late, and so I'm less confident in them being able to select someone suitable for the next man. Therefore, at least at the moment, I'd prefer Craig stick around, even if he's not the man he used to be.
    Well I don't think EoN is actively casting right now BUT surely somewhere in this world there is a tall dark white British actor under 50 with charisma and who has taken at least one acting class.

Well that discounts Henry Cavill. From what I understand, the guy's never had an acting lesson. And some might say it shows. :))

50510981.jpg

:D
    Good point @mcdonbb. Usually at this point in a current Bond actor's tenure, and especially one as cagey as Craig about his future with the franchise, one would think the producers will be actively casting. Yet, even in this social media/internet age, we haven't really heard anything credible.

I just hope whoever they eventually end up with, he surprises me and is an up and comer with notable skills / talents. EON's credibility has taken a massive hit in my eyes of late, and so I'm less confident in them being able to select someone suitable for the next man. Therefore, at least at the moment, I'd prefer Craig stick around, even if he's not the man he used to be.

Agree here too.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Oh and I left out the actor should be a guy. Bond is not a woman. He is not bi despite Logan's and Mendes's dream and agenda to give Bond that history.

Sorry not trying to offend anybody. I'm certainly not homophobic nor racist. I've had my history. I just prefer the character stay as close to Fleming as possible ...imperfections and all.

I agree with all this.

In response to other posts. Chris Pratt - He's American, so no chance. Laughable.

Henry Cavill seems to be slated on this forum. However, he was excellent in UNCLE. He also has the physical attributes and has natural charisma and screen presence. Hence, why is now a 'movie star'.
    Christian Bale (41 years old) could still do it, after all Pierce was 42 in Goldeneye.

Bale will be 42 in 2 weeks as well!

Seriously, though, I don't think he could, or would even want to.

If you mean entirely theoretically, then sure he could.

But no.

dinovelvet wrote: »

Agreed. Bland actor with a bland face.

Gee, what's going on here today, all the usual suspects being thrown back in to the mix? Jackman, Bale, Cavill, etc. Somebody mention Fassbender and Hardy so we can have a never-gonna-happen Bond actors bingo!

Oh.
    Right.
    Fassbender? Hardy? What do you think? :D

Acting class? See @dominicgreene, Bale is ineligible.

Cavill gets ruled out for lacking charisma.

Jackman, Fassbender and Hardy still in the, um, bingo... :P
  • Jackman is obviously just teasing. Although for some reason he even got me a bit excited.
    I believe Jackman in an interview just before the release of SP said yes he would indeed now consider the role. He may still be teasing in that tweet. Who knows? Aren't Craig and Jackman friends?
  • RC7RC7
    Jackman won't ever be JB.
  • No, of course he won't. And there's an obvious element of joking around to this. BUT, at the same time he's not an idiot; he knows posting a video of himself saying James Bond's catchphrase will be picked up on social media, so I think he's maybe kind of 30% serious, as well. Like I said earlier, his Wolverine gig is coming to an end, and he's had a bunch of flops lately. He seems to enjoy being a star and being in the spotlight etc, and Bond would allow him to continue to do that.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,512
    No, of course he won't. And there's an obvious element of joking around to this. BUT, at the same time he's not an idiot; he knows posting a video of himself saying James Bond's catchphrase will be picked up on social media, so I think he's maybe kind of 30% serious, as well. Like I said earlier, his Wolverine gig is coming to an end, and he's had a bunch of flops lately. He seems to enjoy being a star and being in the spotlight etc, and Bond would allow him to continue to do that.

I don't doubt he wants to be Bond, who wouldn't want to be?
    No, of course he won't. And there's an obvious element of joking around to this. BUT, at the same time he's not an idiot; he knows posting a video of himself saying James Bond's catchphrase will be picked up on social media, so I think he's maybe kind of 30% serious, as well. Like I said earlier, his Wolverine gig is coming to an end, and he's had a bunch of flops lately. He seems to enjoy being a star and being in the spotlight etc, and Bond would allow him to continue to do that.

I tend to agree with you. But if I was a studio exec I might be interested in that or consider that possibility.

• RC7RC7

I tend to agree with you. But if I was a studio exec I might be interested in that or consider that possibility.

Consider what possibility?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    RC7 wrote: »

That Christoph Waltz will also play Bond's sister (in drag) in FOREVER IS NOT ENOUGH.

Jackman ...seriously doubt will happen and I'd rather it didn't.
  • RC7RC7

Jackman ...seriously doubt will happen and I'd rather it didn't.

If you're an exec 'considering' Jackman, you're about to receive a painting of a Spitfire (or the US equivalent) and a lifetime supply of vouchers for Bella Pasta, followed swiftly by a P45 and a nice cake.
    I like cake. :D ...just saying possible. I really don't want it.
    Delete
    I believe Jackman in an interview just before the release of SP said yes he would indeed now consider the role. He may still be teasing in that tweet. Who knows? Aren't Craig and Jackman friends?

Very goiod friends, which doesn't keep him from teasing this subject, even when there was no hint of DC leaving. Babs found him too fey back then and maybe that doesn't sit well with him, so he keeps poking. Who knows. Its stupid. He is so way out of an option at his age.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Age is not an issue if they want to keep the same timeline for a couple of more films, and as far as the too "fey" bit, that is ludicrous.

[/quote]
    talos7 wrote: »
    Age is not an issue if they want to keep the same timeline for a couple of more films, and as far as the too "fey" bit, that is ludicrous.

You may think so but its what I read often in 2006. In a way, I can see, where this could come from. But the man sure is multitalented, way more then DC. But Bond? As a young man or now, something feels wrong.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Oh, I'm not saying that she didn't say it; I just find that opinion, based on some song an dance roles he's had, ludicrous.
  • RC7RC7
    This is like discussing Adam Sandler playing Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This is like discussing Adam Sandler playing Bond.
    LOL. Except one is far more superior than the other.